Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Flav's Fried Chicken: Public Enemy Star Taking On The Colonel
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.18.2010, 04:12 PM   #1
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
SOURCE: http://thequietus.com/articles/05301...s-public-enemy

Quote:
Flav's Fried Chicken: Public Enemy Star Taking On The Colonel
Val Siebert , November 17th, 2010 12:14

FFC and Le Flav Spirits (including bubblegum vodka) on their way soon

Look long and hard, people, for this is the new face of fried chicken.
Yes, the inimitable Flavor Flav of Public Enemy has announced his plans to foray into the chicken frying industry.
At a pre-gig show and Q&A last night (November 14), Flav and his Public Enemy partner Chuck D discussed future plans. For Chuck, these included bringing hip-hop back to Africa and for Flav it included providing the public with heaps of booze for a night out as well as the greasy meal to eat shamefully at the end of it.

"Yo, check this out," said Flav. "I want you all to keep on the lookout – it should be on the shelves by January – I'm launching a thing called 'Le Flav Spirits'. I'm comin' out with a cherry vodka, a berry vodka, an olive vodka, a sweet tea vodka, a bubblegum vodka and grape vodka. Also, I'm comin' out with 'Le Flav Cognac' and 'Chateaux Le Flav' which'll be some bubbly. Champagne, that's right folks – Poppin'n'drinkin'!" But is that the extent of his 'business ventures'? Hell no. Inbetween talking about his planned TV shows, films and solo records, Flav dropped a bomb: "I'm also launching FFC – ya'll heard of KFC right? – well this is FFC, Flav's Fried Chicken.
"The Colonel better watch his back, G! The Colonel might end up in my fryer!"
The group are soon to be heading to South Africa for some gigs and, while Flav talked up his 'solo projects', Chuck D explained that the group will be heading up some workshops to teach African hip-hop artists to gain some global fans.
"We have a firm belief that that entire continent… this music belongs to those people and they do the music for a whole bunch of different reasons and we don't want to see the continent get co-opted out," he said. "We want to create a coup of sorts to snatch the base of hip-hop and rap music away from the United States corporations and feed it right back into the motherland."
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.18.2010, 04:22 PM   #2
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Is it actually possible to not like Flav? I think not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.18.2010, 04:31 PM   #3
space
expwy. to yr skull

space kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's asses
I honestly never did (much). I liked PE for the hardcore white-hate that they projected. I ALWAYS fast forwarded my cassette-tape when '911's a Joke' played. ALWAYS.

fuck comic relief. fuck brigitte nielsen. fuck white people.

that said, I could fuck up some of that fried chicken right about now...
space is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.18.2010, 04:48 PM   #4
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Goth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.18.2010, 05:12 PM   #5
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Flava flav is the first taste you get in the morning. Your breakfast is the flava!
Old 11.19.2010, 01:40 AM   #6
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
i hope to one day become an owner of this franchise

davenotdead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.19.2010, 09:19 PM   #7
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
I like how Chuck D's plan to spread hip-hop throughout Africa is completely subsidiary to Flav's dreams of fried chicken establishments. It humors me so.
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.19.2010, 09:31 PM   #8
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
I listened to a lot of PE yesterday.
Old 11.22.2010, 10:27 PM   #9
Silent Dan Speaks
the destroyed room

Silent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's asses
Bubblegum vodka sounds so fucking terrible.
Silent Dan Speaks is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth