Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page What TV are you watching (live, dvd, etc.)?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.03.2023, 07:19 PM   #3621
Diesel
the destroyed room

Diesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's asses
You are the first man I've ever met who watches Eastenders. Here, it's like a culture unto itself. Even the lasses working in the office where I work know it's shite but they just can't help themselves. They watch the classic re-runs from decades ago and reminisce over the epic alcoholic storylines. I try not to judge, but I'm struggling lol. It's the overracting, and the cringe. Makes me want to go brrrrr..
Diesel is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.03.2023, 07:24 PM   #3622
Diesel
the destroyed room

Diesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's asses
Eastenders is the gateway drug. You'll be on Emmerdale, Cora, and Hollyoaks next.
Old 02.03.2023, 07:47 PM   #3623
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel
Eastenders is the gateway drug. You'll be on Emmerdale, Cora, and Hollyoaks next.
nah, i took 1 look at emmerdale and it was fucking lame. did not last 5 minutes. pathetic.

lame suburb setting, no drunken fights, no murderers, some kitchen table conversation--fuck right off! hah! depressing. it's 100% terrible.

no, eastenders is like an english jerry springer show, but with the excuse of a story. very fucking funny.

the janine butcher actress is selling a vibrator btw

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbi...ex-toy-hustle/

hahahahahaha you can't make this up. it's great. her character was a bit of a nympho.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.06.2023, 05:56 AM   #3624
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
You are the first man I've ever met who watches Eastenders. Here, it's like a culture unto itself. Even the lasses working in the office where I work know it's shite but they just can't help themselves. They watch the classic re-runs from decades ago and reminisce over the epic alcoholic storylines. I try not to judge, but I'm struggling lol. It's the overracting, and the cringe. Makes me want to go brrrrr..
it's not mere overacting, it's very bad acting hahahahha. it would be cringey as fuck if taken seriously of course, but for me, it's justhilarious. the worse it is, the better. total talk back tv. there was one guy who just left the show was *the worst*. made the stupidest most ridiculous faces. apparently he's very popular in your country or something and makes tons of money.

anyway i was thinking about what i you said about "decades ago." and it dawned on me, what i'd looove to see is of course zoe slater:

hnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggggg
Old 02.06.2023, 09:54 AM   #3625
Diesel
the destroyed room

The guy who left the show, Danny Dyer? A national laughing stock famously well known for playing the same character in every movie he's been in for a quarter of a century. Zombi movie: same character. Heist movie: same character. Joins Eastenders 20 years later: same character, ad infinitum. The common bird loves him, It's the cocky cheeky chap persona or something.

His movie Human Traffic was decent back in like phoo' 1999, depicting the wonders and perils of party drugs. It was realistic in the sense that Dyer was partaking in the drugs during filming and acts like a twat.
Old 02.06.2023, 01:11 PM   #3626
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
The guy who left the show, Danny Dyer? A national laughing stock famously well known for playing the same character in every movie he's been in for a quarter of a century. Zombi movie: same character. Heist movie: same character. Joins Eastenders 20 years later: same character, ad infinitum. The common bird loves him, It's the cocky cheeky chap persona or something.

His movie Human Traffic was decent back in like phoo' 1999, depicting the wonders and perils of party drugs. It was realistic in the sense that Dyer was partaking in the drugs during filming and acts like a twat.
haaa ha haaaaaa that's the one, yeah. i was sad he drowned because he was no longer gonna provide involuntary comedy. he just makes these stupid faces ha ha ha. i can't understand a word he says without subtitles. he's basically like the guy from "the room". you know, "you're tearing me apart, lisa."

the one who was great was his mum (as "you people" spell it). some haggard old lady with a whisky voice and a penchant for insulting people while giving them a mean look. she "left the square" too unfortunately. it would have been great to keep seeing her stick her face into the frame to say something brutal to some idiot or another. because they are all idiots and all deserve it ha ha ha ha ha.
Old 02.07.2023, 07:18 AM   #3627
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Succumbing to peer pressure and watching The Last of Us despite not knowing a goddamn thing about the video game.
I’ll tell you this much, it’s better than Walking Dead. Woof. That show sucks.

Also finished Succession season 3 rewatch. Best show on the planet, on the goddamn planet I say. Destined to be in the Sopranos/Mad Men/Breaking Bad/The Wire conversation for best goddamn show ever Goddammit
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.07.2023, 08:09 AM   #3628
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Succumbing to peer pressure and watching The Last of Us despite not knowing a goddamn thing about the video game.
I’ll tell you this much, it’s better than Walking Dead. Woof. That show sucks.

Also finished Succession season 3 rewatch. Best show on the planet, on the goddamn planet I say. Destined to be in the Sopranos/Mad Men/Breaking Bad/The Wire conversation for best goddamn show ever Goddammit
i have not seen walking dead in aaaaaaaages. started great and soon became an intolerable jerkoff.

i'm going to have to make time to watch succession. maybe in the summer.

===

right now when i can squeeze the weekday hours i'm watching an old-ass art history documentary called "civiliSation" (with an s).

it's fucking ooooooold! more than half a century old. and sure some of his takes might be outdated (which ones? can't say) but it's a very good program(me). i mean today's shows on the same subject are still trying to negate the man, but failing.

i mean... i saw some youtube dipshit the other day claiming that there was no renaissance haaaaaaahaaaaaahaaaaa. what a stupid fucking dipshit. just spewing nonsense. youtube academics, lol.

anyway the dead white man with the deformed head depicted here is very good, and worth rewatching many times. his aspiring successors... maybe not so much. there is a contemporary bbc fat man who is more showy and does ok entertaining but does not have the same caliber of thought. what's his name. i forget. something eastern european. he's ok though. just not this.

the best part of this "civilisation" is not the big general themes everyone more or less knows already, but that he'll throw casual little comments here and there that reveal massive insight and erudition in the process of reaching those casually dropped conclusions.

i had a small case of vertigo the other day when he said something... it was an offhand comment and he did not elaborate. but i felt like the astronaut looking inside the monolith in 2001. it was such a vertigo that i actually forgot what he had said hahahah. i just had the vertigo, and i wanted to stop him and ask him about it, but he's long dead, so now i have to go back and rewatch it. which i will happily do. great, great show. it can sometimes put you to sleep because it's so quiet, but it's not boring in the least.
Old 02.08.2023, 06:36 PM   #3629
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
and patsy kensit has had so much plastic surgery she looks like a burn victim.
hooooooleeeee fuck! she DOES play a burn victim!!!

GENIUS CASTING lololololololololol
Old 02.17.2023, 05:36 AM   #3630
nasser
empty page

nasser has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
The Last of US
nasser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.23.2023, 08:44 PM   #3631
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

just finished a great four-part documentary on showtime about one of the greatest boxing eras

durán, leonard, hagler and hearns. ties up the politics and ideology of the time to the fights and the background of each champion. really fucking great. durán's commentary and storytelling is hilarious btw.

yeah, loved this.
Old 02.24.2023, 09:48 AM   #3632
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
just finished a great four-part documentary on showtime about one of the greatest boxing eras

durán, leonard, hagler and hearns. ties up the politics and ideology of the time to the fights and the background of each champion. really fucking great. durán's commentary and storytelling is hilarious btw.

yeah, loved this.

Ayyy! I have a free trial of Showtime going right now and I love boxing!
When I say “love” what I really mean is I’m fascinated by it as a sport. I know very little about it but maybe that’s about to change thanks to you.
Old 02.24.2023, 09:50 AM   #3633
Severian
invito al cielo

I’m rewatching The Leftovers and it’s still fucking amazing. Just amazing. The first season is a major bummer and bleak as shit, but there’s a subtle whimsy that emerges in the second season that helps break the oppressiveness of the mood.
Just one of the best shows ever, I think. God damn.
Old 02.24.2023, 11:22 AM   #3634
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Ayyy! I have a free trial of Showtime going right now and I love boxing!
When I say “love” what I really mean is I’m fascinated by it as a sport. I know very little about it but maybe that’s about to change thanks to you.
same thing here. saw a couple of movies there over the weekend but haven't had a chance to write about them yet.

not sure if i'll keep the subscription, didn't find a ton to watch... but that documentary was excellent.
Old 02.25.2023, 11:30 AM   #3635
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

well fuck i started watching oliver stone's putin interviews and decided to keep showtime for a month

the thing that captures my attention the most is not if putin is this or that but how much stone sides against america hahahhahaaaaaa

i mean i get it, he's right in some things. but the same things he praises in russia (outwardly anyway) he despises in its american manifestations.

anyway this is some good shit regardless.

the translator btw must be on cocaine or something
Old 02.26.2023, 06:55 AM   #3636
choc e-Claire
expwy. to yr skull

choc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asses
Finished season 1 of Nirvan(n)a the Band the Show.
Making myself up as I go along. Check out my music-themed blog, 79:57.
choc e-Claire is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.09.2023, 11:35 AM   #3637
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamSmithyy
There was an interesting way to do this and I hope that it can turn out well for you with all of the shows that we can see. I hope that it can work out.
just waiting for the moment when you insert some spam into your inane posts to get you nuked with extreme prejudice you fucking pendejo
Old 03.10.2023, 07:18 AM   #3638
Severian
invito al cielo

“You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to !@#$%! again.“
Old 03.10.2023, 12:18 PM   #3639
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses

this is a French series, of 6 ~30 minutes episodes.
I liked it, but mostly because it's about this woman driving around in Paris as an Uber driver, which I've done many a times for my previous job. Not for Uber though

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.22.2023, 11:12 AM   #3640
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

i watched yellojackets, season 1. holy fuck that little scientologist what's her name looks all fucked up. juliette lewis. she's like if bono had an identical twin with goth tendencies and a drug problem or something.

christina ricci hahahahhahahahahaa her wacko character is fucking great. i love her performance in this.

anyway it was a fun binge but i'm afraid of the upcoming second season. they might fuck it up or something. i'm pausing my showtime subscription till summer or a year from now anyway, so i'll find out eventually.

the premise of the show is very much like lord of the flies, but with older teenagers, in the 90s, and then we see them in the present with their tired adult lives and what became of them.

it's very funny, and funny in many ways.

-

otoh i tried watching "your honor" and it's heavy and slow and dismal, and as much as bryan cranston is great... who has time for a badly told story that takes forever to be told? and characters one can't give a shit about, like that stupid white boy with the inhaler? i stopped watching in the middle of episode 2, after too many eyerolls.
132172179180181 182 183184185 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth