Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page So I went to Dragons of Zynth gig yesterday night
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.03.2008, 03:53 PM   #1
SYRFox
invito al cielo

SYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's asses
And it was totally fantastic, even though there were only 15 people for K-Branding and 30 for DoZ.

Belgium band K-Branding opened, and they were really great. Harsh-math-jazz-core-no-wave-noise for your ears to taste, with a saxophonist that screams in his saxophone, plays cowbell, percussions (ultra tribal parts), synths, screams. It was really intense, especially the third track, with a 4 minutes drone part in the middle of it (flute included!), and then it finished with a tribal part with the 2 drums.

Dragons of Zynth came then, and they ROCKED. Those guys rule everything! They're just so great. From the moment when they played "Breaker", the set went crazy. The singers are really crazy. During Who Rize Above, Aku looked like he was in a trance, jumping everywhere. Then he jumped into the pit (he obviously did not slam, how would you with thirty people), took the shoulder of a guy at the front row and sung in front of him for like fifteen seconds. This guy, incidentally, was me. I am still under the shock, it was so surprising and everything, this made my night really special, and today I smiled stupidly every moment I thought to it.

That was so great. If they come near your house, then come to see them! The only problem was that both bands did not play for long (30 minutes for operners, 45 for DoZ - they have a new bassist so maybe she did not learn all their tunes yet), but it was so fucking intense that it didn't bother me at all.
SYRFox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth