Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page GED
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.13.2006, 06:20 PM   #21
golden child
expwy. to yr skull

golden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's asses
i dont think im stupid either, i just dont really feel challenged enough in high school. may sound cliche but the current school system isnt really accommodating to me.

i think we do have that program where you go to college while in high school, i may look into that.
Old 06.13.2006, 06:21 PM   #22
Sheriff Rhys Chatham
invito al cielo

Sheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by golden child
although, i really fucked up the first two years of high school.
so getting into college all ill have on my transcripts are these two years which may not be real credible...

I'm in the same situation but I'm going to a community college to get a degree in electrically based engineering (basically do anything electrical after two years) If I have the money I might go to another school to finish a four year deal. Though I porb. won't need too.
You'd be better off just graduating and getting yr diploma.

A part of this blue shit since June 24th, 2004
Sheriff Rhys Chatham is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.13.2006, 11:00 PM   #23
luxinterior
invito al cielo

luxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by golden child
i dont think im stupid either, i just dont really feel challenged enough in high school. may sound cliche but the current school system isnt really accommodating to me.

i think we do have that program where you go to college while in high school, i may look into that.

Feeling not challenged enough is all the more reason high school should be a breeze for you. If it's as easy as you make it sound, then just keep going until you're out of there. Usually when someone isn't feeling challenged in school, they get moved up a grade, or take more advanced classes. I think your situation amounts to more than just feeling unchallenged, because that's no excuse not to be getting excellent grades. I only truly felt challenged every so often, and I graduated with a 4.0 and took dual-credit classes (which amounts to me basically already being a sophomore going into my first year of college). High school isn't meant to suit your every interest, nor is it all it's cracked up to be. You're expecting too much out of high school. What you need to focus on is working hard and getting good grades. Save the self-exploration for college and beyond where the classes (and your extra curricular pursuits) will be more tailored to your interests. What I'm saying is that even though the things you learn in it may seem trivial, having something good to show for your high school career can only benefit you. You don't want to handicap yourself before you even have a chance to explore your options. High school was not fun for me, and I expected a lot more out of it than I actually got. I'm trying not to ruin future experiences by getting my hopes up in the same way. Most people here are privileged enough that they are able to make these kinds of choices regarding high school and college. Don't you want the best offer? Try not to sell yourself short--you're capable of more.

"I sweat like a fucking nun on Sunday...I don't even know what that means."
- Sebastian Bach

luxinterior is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.13.2006, 11:16 PM   #24
SolidZach
children of satan

SolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentata
Quote:
Originally Posted by umjammer atomsk
I pretty much fucked up my first two years of high school by missing a lot and not doing any work so I think my GPA is 1.39 or something. My future looks very grim right now.

Ha ha dumbass

SolidZach is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.13.2006, 11:24 PM   #25
umjammer atomsk
the end of the ugly

umjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's asses
Ha, indeed. At least I don't have a super rad myspace page where I claim books suck though. That counts for something in my dumbass little world of self-destruction.

umjammer atomsk is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.14.2006, 03:30 AM   #26
alyasa
invito al cielo

alyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's asses
I'm 26 and unemployed....
Old 06.15.2006, 10:34 PM   #27
SolidZach
children of satan

SolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentata
Quote:
Originally Posted by umjammer atomsk
Ha, indeed. At least I don't have a super rad myspace page where I claim books suck though. That counts for something in my dumbass little world of self-destruction.

Yea, anyone with a myspace is just dumb. Like jazzy jeff!

SolidZach is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2006, 11:03 PM   #28
wearescientists
bad moon rising

wearescientists is a jewel in the roughwearescientists is a jewel in the roughwearescientists is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by truncated
In all honesty, when I hear GED, I think infomercials, mullets, squirrel-hunting, and neglected dental work.

For the love of god, stay in school.

don't forget the ability to move your home
wearescientists is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth