Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Weird Sonic dream I had
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.03.2008, 04:14 PM   #1
forkimified
bad moon rising

forkimified kicks all y'all's assesforkimified kicks all y'all's assesforkimified kicks all y'all's assesforkimified kicks all y'all's assesforkimified kicks all y'all's assesforkimified kicks all y'all's assesforkimified kicks all y'all's assesforkimified kicks all y'all's assesforkimified kicks all y'all's assesforkimified kicks all y'all's assesforkimified kicks all y'all's asses
I had a dream that a couple of the guys from the Barenaked Ladies and Kim and Thurston came over to my parents' house for a party my parents were throwing. I don't know how they knew each other, but I guess they're about the same age as them. They were all on this large front porch, and my dad's friends were jamming with one of the Barenaked Ladies, Kim and Thurston were talking to my parents. I wanted to say something, but I didn't want to come off like an obsessed fanboy. I also went into the house and hid all these rare unknown Sonic Youth albums (that don't exist in real life) that I had lying around, just so they wouldn't see them when they came inside. Then I thought about a dream my friend had had (in real life), where my friend was trying to work on songs, but a young Thurson, as he appeared in 1991, kept bursting into the room asking him what various objects in the house were for. He'd rip things out of the wall like a thermostat and bring it to my friend's room to ask what it was and mess up all the recordings, and my friend would say things like "That's a thermostat, Thurston. It controls the temperature." Dream Thurston thought that was kind of funny. So, we started having a conversation, but the conversation we had was just like things I usually talk about with my friend, like talking about Phillip K Dick and ideas for low budget movies we'd like to make. Nothing to do with music though. I didn't get to talk to Kim, because she went to bed early in some guest bedroom. That is all.

EDIT: fixed the horrible notepad word-wrap spacing..
forkimified is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.03.2008, 04:25 PM   #2
This Is Not Here
invito al cielo

This Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's asses
Ha ha, nice dream man; "thats a thermostat Thurston...". Funnily enough i recall having a sonic dream last night too, though I can't remember much of the details. It involved me seeing them live, and for some reason my old art teacher had replaced Mark Ibold on bass, but basically no one showed up, so the band walked off (everyone except Kim at first, who gave us a solo noise jam before leaving herself), and went to get Sushi, and then all the fans followed them and demanded they return to playing. not the nicest sonic dream to have, but a sonic dream nonetheless.

~~Record of the moment~~
This Is Not Here is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.03.2008, 04:26 PM   #3
Crumb's Crunchy Delights
expwy. to yr skull

Crumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard sucka
nice spacing forkimified
Crumb's Crunchy Delights is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.03.2008, 04:37 PM   #4
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
You need help.
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.03.2008, 05:22 PM   #5
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
I had a Sonic dream a few nights ago. Sonic Youth were playing in my bedroom but the apartment was smaller than it really is and all these people were there. Anyways the Youth werd thrashing away on an awesome free jam but I had to get out of the room because I had to go to the bathroom, or great a friend, or something. Anyways the band where position right next to my door and while I had to climb over a couch to get around them, either Thurston or Lee grabbed me by the foot and the band jumped me while still crazed on the noise. And then I woke up.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.03.2008, 11:16 PM   #6
Death & the Maiden
expwy. to yr skull

Death & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard sucka
About a week before the Daydream Nation show I went to, I dreamt I was going to the concert. Because I was in the seated area, I was taken into a small room. Instead of seeing SY, everyone in the room got to watch a television with the Corporate Ghost DVD on it. Everyone could hear SY in the next room, and I was the only person who seemed to care.
Death & the Maiden is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.03.2008, 11:47 PM   #7
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death & the Maiden
About a week before the Daydream Nation show I went to, I dreamt I was going to the concert. Because I was in the seated area, I was taken into a small room. Instead of seeing SY, everyone in the room got to watch a television with the Corporate Ghost DVD on it. Everyone could hear SY in the next room, and I was the only person who seemed to care.
Seems like you felt that the people there were more casual DN fans who would be just as comfortable watching a bunch of videos while you are really into the band? Sorry, I just like to try to interpret dreams.

Like mine tells me, I think, that I've gone overboard into the early sonic thrash and it has me even if I try to leave it behind to meet people or whatever.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.05.2008, 01:51 PM   #8
raging_nelly
stalker

raging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's asses
I dreamt that Thurston let me take over his position in the band and he was getting a bit tired of it all, and he was just gonna step back and play ala Jim O'Rourke. We were playing a festival set and just as I was concentrating on playing Do You Believe In Rapture? the fairly small crowd starting getting a bit rowdy and the stage curtain managed to fall down so we had to abandon the set half-way through. I talked with Thurston about his pedals and what not (he was letting me use all his stuff) and he let me have his tuner, so I tuned up ready to resume the set once the curtain had been fixed (tuned to DAD#D#GG for Incinerate). By the time the curtainw as fixed and went up, the whole tent we were playing in was full and the hundreds of people were all going mental for and chanting 'Sonic Youth! Sonic Youth!' So, after a few quick Thurston style witty comments about Steve Shelley and what not, I shouted 'Incinerate!' (you know how it is) and the crowd went wild. The drumsticks counted the band in. 1... 2... 3... 4... then I woke up.

I was gutted.

www.myspace.com/myboyslashmygirl

www.dischordmusic.blogspot.com

raging_nelly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.06.2008, 10:45 PM   #9
barnaclelapse
the destroyed room

barnaclelapse kicks all y'all's assesbarnaclelapse kicks all y'all's assesbarnaclelapse kicks all y'all's assesbarnaclelapse kicks all y'all's assesbarnaclelapse kicks all y'all's assesbarnaclelapse kicks all y'all's assesbarnaclelapse kicks all y'all's assesbarnaclelapse kicks all y'all's assesbarnaclelapse kicks all y'all's assesbarnaclelapse kicks all y'all's assesbarnaclelapse kicks all y'all's asses
Hey, as dreams go, that doesn't sound too bad at all...
barnaclelapse is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.06.2008, 10:53 PM   #10
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
i had a dream last week that i was brian chippendale, it was fucking awesome, i was playin a lightning bolt show wailin on the drums with hundreds of kids circled around me goin nuts, i was even wearing those scruffy ripped shorts and tees he usually wears, it was very strange, but very awesome. i wonder if hed be freaked out if he read this? well hes my favorite drummer, well one of the three, so fuck it.

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.07.2008, 04:28 AM   #11
The Coachman
empty page

The Coachman has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
I used to have these weird recurring dreams where i would find SY records that didnt exist in the real world with all these amazing songs on that i literally just dreamed up.
The Coachman is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.07.2008, 12:23 PM   #12
raging_nelly
stalker

raging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Coachman
I used to have these weird recurring dreams where i would find SY records that didnt exist in the real world with all these amazing songs on that i literally just dreamed up.

Yeah, one of my bands songs 'Superman' is one I dreamt up in a dream where then yoof played outta the font window of their studio into the street and debuted the new song.

I also, had a dream the other night where Thurston was ill so didnt play but the rest of the band did this jam which sounded kinda like She Is Not Alone and Thurston came out right at the end smiled and waved to the crowd and everyone cheered then he went off again.

I may use that song as well tho, I remember the rythmn of the drums. Kim was on electric drum pads for some reason.

www.myspace.com/myboyslashmygirl

www.dischordmusic.blogspot.com

raging_nelly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.23.2008, 12:52 AM   #13
blunderbuss
invito al cielo

blunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's asses
During a dream that I had last night I saw a photo of Kim with her hair loosely permed. It really didn't look right.
blunderbuss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.23.2008, 12:59 AM   #14
viewtiful_alan
invito al cielo

viewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Coachman
ever manage to get any of them set to music. Or could you not remember them?

viewtiful_alan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.23.2008, 02:03 AM   #15
mil_pl
expwy. to yr skull

mil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's asses
I had a dream with sonics too. for some reason they haven't showed up on festival, and i was playing teen age riot! ;D another one. they haven't showed up on heineken open'er festival. another one. I was at the backstage, filming them and taking pictures.

mil_pl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth