Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Mighty Football Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.11.2013, 05:24 PM   #2821
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Ideal for me would be Barca beating Dortmund and Bayern beating Real (although in any other situation I'd want Real to beat Bayern.)
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.11.2013, 09:12 PM   #2822
Trama
stalker

Trama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's asses
Had a good time with some Geordies today.
Trama is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.12.2013, 10:04 AM   #2823
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
CL Semis draw:

Bayern Munich v Barcelona

Borussia Dortmund v Real Madrid

(first leg April 23/24, second leg April 30th/May 1)
Old 04.12.2013, 10:24 AM   #2824
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
i saw. i am simultaneously disappointed and excited by the dortmund-real repeat-- disappointed because we've seen that already, but excited because dortmund has a good chance to make the finals, provided no key players are benched. i believe hummels and gundogan and reus and gotze and lewandowski can make anything happen on a good day and with the right support, cuz that's where the magic is.

i'm excited by the two rounds of bayern-barcelona we're gonna get. i think gomez (since mandzukic is out for the first match) should be a good weapon against barça's tiny men.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.12.2013, 12:24 PM   #2825
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Yeah, not ideal but still can't wait. Barcelona's defence is right down to the bones so, as long as Bayern keep their heads, I have to make them favourites. I can't separate Real/Dortmund at all, although I'm leaning towards the likelihood of an all German final - which'll definitely make someone very happy:

Old 04.12.2013, 12:36 PM   #2826
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
i'd be happy with that too actually.

tv coverage of the bundesliga has gone down here in 'merica.

comcast recently dropped american-owned goltv (which broadcast bundesliga) to make room for aljazeera-owned beinsport, which shows la liga instead. so i dropped comcast in return.

so right now there is limited national coverage for goltv-- time warner in new york carries the HD version and in the rest of the country there's basically 1 satellite provider that carries the SD signal (DirectTV).

Not being in NY and having no access to DirecTV in my current abode (only Dish, which sucks), I am therefore forced to watch on weird streams-- TRT Haber (from Turkey) offers the best quality so far, but I don't speak the language. Damn, I want my cable with good signal, no interruptions, and english-speaking commentators.

My guess/wish/dream is that with Total Bundesliga Domination (ha!) golTV with its Bundesliga contract till 2015 would become more desirable and available in more carriers/markets so I can get it again GODDAMMIT.
Old 04.12.2013, 12:47 PM   #2827
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Hmm all these games are too close to call. All the teams are jsut as liekly as the other to get to the final. I'll say this though I dread an ANOTHER El Classico final more than an all German final. How many times have Barca and Real played each other this season alone?!

Eitherway I'm hella looking forward to them.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.13.2013, 09:23 AM   #2828
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

bayern is playing practically the whole bench and it's still beating nuremberg 3-0 at half-tme. all 3 goals were scored in the first 24 minutes by boateng, gomez, and rafinha.

subs-- Neuer, Alaba, Dante, Martínez, Robben, Hojbjerg, Mandzukić

hilarious. they have the german cup semis on the 16th and they'll be playing wolfsburg which (on paper anyway) shouldn't be hard to beat.

--
edit: 4-0 is the final score! tom starke saved a penalty with a header. why heynckes doesn't play him more ofthen i don't know-- earlier this season neuer was playing with a broken finger ha ha ha. !!!
Old 04.13.2013, 10:24 AM   #2829
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
ps- why you not like bayern? not trying to sell you, just curious.

They're just one of those teams, for me. They have a bit of a reputation for being really arrogant. They're Germany's Man U, Real, Inter.

This is an old article but gives some reasons for the widespread dislike:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...h-2361499.html

Although it conveniently overlooks the fact that, in England anyway, for lots of boring reasons, German football will never get any kind of popular support - be it clubs or their national side. Rightly or wrongly, it just won't happen.
Old 04.13.2013, 01:47 PM   #2830
Trama
stalker

Trama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Inter
ac milan, you mean?

bayern will hit a new low on choking if they don't eliminate this barça.

puyol being puyol woudn't surprise me if he actually makes it to one of the legs, though that's only part of the problem... they've been very bad defensively the whole season.
Old 04.13.2013, 02:04 PM   #2831
demonrail666
invito al cielo

It may be changing but I think Inter are traditionally more disliked. They have a reputation for being really dirty and fell out of favour in Italy for having so few Italian players - when that used to be a big deal.

Barca's defence looks seriously weak. Apart from everything else, losing Mascherano will mean Busquets will have to change role. It's not looking good. Bayern choking seems like Barca's best chance.
Old 04.13.2013, 02:24 PM   #2832
Trama
stalker

They'll probably put him or Bartra along with Piqué as a central and use Song as a 5.
Old 04.13.2013, 05:00 PM   #2833
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trama
use Song as a 5.

So in other words, Barcelona are fucked.
Old 04.13.2013, 05:52 PM   #2834
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

hey i read the article and they summarized it with this quote:

"Put simply: Bayern were smart. And smart people who plan ahead, expect to be successful and have luck to boot, are seldom loved."

anyway, smart planning vs. sugar daddies aside--- barcelona indeed look beatable, but to close that deal bayern has to neutralize messi. if the last match proved something is that without messi barça is lost in space. how would they do it?

i think between defense and holding midfielders bayern has sufficient manpower to clamp down on messi wherever he might be. throw schweinsteiger, javi martinez, boateng and dante at him, plus alaba (i think messi tends to "dress right" (lol), correct? and he might not find much space.

then again there's iniesta. same defensive core minus alaba plus lahm, i think he'll be stopped. barcelona's wingers are a bit shit in my opinion. villa hasn't been the same since he broke his leg, has he? and pedro-- fuck, i hate pedro (because he sucks).

xavi vs and busquets could have neutralized kroos had kroos played but now it doesn't matter. barça will prolly control that zone (though mueller will try to slip past them) but be bottled up beyond. besides, schweinsteiger can run up on the attack & fuck them pretty good.

where they can be overcome is the wings. alaba-ribery vs. dani alves? that's gonna be epic. i predict yellow cards.

but the real weak hole for barcelona is gonna be alba-adriano where i'm gonna guess robben with his flappy arms wil overcome with the help of lahm. and gomez (who hasn't recovered so well since his surgery) will duel pique and maybe puyol. oh, mandzukic, why why why did he have to get that yellow card, so unfair. mandzukic is much quicker-- amazing how he has improved.

btw, puyol turned 35 today. i like him lots, but he needs to retire while he retains some glory.

damn, on paper i can see barcelona getting seriously creamed... and yet they are ahead of real madrid by 13 points as of today? ha ha ha... paper is only good to wipe one's ass! i can't wait till matchdate.
Old 04.13.2013, 07:35 PM   #2835
TheMadcapLaughs
100%

TheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's asses
yeah i dont know, bayern is not use to not having control and barca WILL have control. it all depends if they can create some opportunities and have some luck on their side. i agree, on paper, bayern looks like the stronger team. but barca is a team full of winners while bayern has choke mentality. if barca gets ahead early, i think it will be difficult for bayern

TheMadcapLaughs is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.14.2013, 08:39 AM   #2836
Trama
stalker

From what I've seen Buyten and Dante look pretty slow, on his day Messi will do some damage there.

It'd be funny but for me Bayern are in the final.

Quote:
Villa
he was basically put aside, there were even talks about a move to arsenal. they were forced to bring him back when things started to go wrong.

Quote:
Mandzukic
guess they'll have to make do with Gómez and bring Pizarro later on

Quote:
damn, on paper i can see barcelona getting seriously creamed... and yet they are ahead of real madrid by 13 points as of today? ha ha ha...
Madrid have been stronger head-to-head.

Real won La Liga last year with a record of points and goals and since then, for the fans and for some players, it's all about 'la Décima'.

They threw in the towel early in the season. Mourinho obviously didn't like this a bit, I'm sure you've heard about the problems with Casillas and Ramos.
Old 04.14.2013, 10:15 AM   #2837
demonrail666
invito al cielo

It's Bayern's to lose. I don't take the predictions they might choke too seriously and so long as they don't, they look too strong for Barcelona, especially over two legs. The way Barcelona have been playing I wouldn't make them obvious favourites against any of the other semi-finalists.
Old 04.14.2013, 12:00 PM   #2838
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

@madcap - yes, yes! the choke mentality! and barcelona's passing is 2nd to none. so i'm not writing them off so quickly (though i'd like to).

@tramajico - van buyten is subbing for badstuber/boateng. badstuber is broken; boateng had a slight injury or something, but he's back-- in fact he had a great match against nuremberg. so i think it should be him instead of van buyten but who knows. apparently heynckes prefers the more experienced van buyten for big matches, but it's all about adapting to your opponent, right? though van buyten is great for corners/headers.

plus, don't discount the work javi martinez does on defense. he's really great-- not sure if worth the E40 million they paid for him but he's proving really excellent.

and yes it's going to have to be gomez and/or pizarro upfront but that's my problem slightly-- gomez hasn't really been the same since surgery (since the euros really), and pizarro is a great sub but a sub nevertheless. as for that typical succession, who knows-- this past weekend they tried pizarro instead of kroos and gomez up front while mueller rested-- i didn't see a lot from that duo but gomez scored (with the help of boateng, of all people) and there were 2 goals by defenders (boateng, rafinha), plus one from shaqiri who was played on the right instead of his usual left.

so who knows what heynckes might try-- but he's a clever bastard for sure. me i'd forsake the middle (barca will have it anyway) and bet on headers by gomez/pizarro from crosses from the wings. gomez is the one who chokes by the way-- not the whole team-- so there's my worry.

and madnzukic will be free for the 2nd match. that sucka is tall too!

--

btw mourinho was in germany yesterday watching dortmund. if dortmund can stop real madrid, it's gonna be epic.

is it okay to post this?

Old 04.14.2013, 12:02 PM   #2839
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Well that F.A Cup semi final was just brilliant. What a game.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.14.2013, 02:52 PM   #2840
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Rafa's bound to get the usual flack for leaving out Lampard.
92132139140141 142 143144145152192242642 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth