Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Official Sonic Youth/Scientists Sydney Enmore 18/02/08 thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.20.2008, 05:05 AM   #41
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

ZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard sucka
Yeah I read a review that said their vocals were a bit off. I couldn't hear the vocals much because the speakers were behind me.
Old 02.20.2008, 08:24 PM   #42
ohfuchsia
little trouble girl

ohfuchsia kicks all y'all's assesohfuchsia kicks all y'all's assesohfuchsia kicks all y'all's assesohfuchsia kicks all y'all's assesohfuchsia kicks all y'all's assesohfuchsia kicks all y'all's assesohfuchsia kicks all y'all's assesohfuchsia kicks all y'all's assesohfuchsia kicks all y'all's assesohfuchsia kicks all y'all's assesohfuchsia kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death & the Maiden
Did anyone else think there was something wrong with Thurston's and Lee's vocals?

i thought they could have been a bit louder. i was right up the front both nights though, i don't know if that makes a difference.
ohfuchsia is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.21.2008, 01:24 AM   #43
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

ZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard sucka
Ahh! You went both nights, just like I wanted to. Who were you in front of, ohfuchsia?
Old 02.21.2008, 04:07 AM   #44
Death & the Maiden
expwy. to yr skull

Death & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard sucka
Yeah, they could have been louder, but their voices seemed too high. Kim's didn't though. Maybe it was just where I was sitting.
Death & the Maiden is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.21.2008, 04:47 AM   #45
nonny
empty page

nonny has much to be proud ofnonny has much to be proud ofnonny has much to be proud ofnonny has much to be proud ofnonny has much to be proud ofnonny has much to be proud ofnonny has much to be proud ofnonny has much to be proud ofnonny has much to be proud ofnonny has much to be proud of
man you guys are so lucky!!! I had my tix to go see them on the 18th and then I couldnt go cos i was relying on getting there from the central coast and they were doing track work and I would have been stranded at a station for 3 hours and had to start uni at 8am on the tuesday so I was not happy!!! I tried to swap my tix at tickettek for the tuesday show and they wouldnt let me...... man i was so pissed...but its good to hear it was a good concert
nonny is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.21.2008, 05:06 AM   #46
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

That sucks, man. Sorry you couldn't come.
Old 02.21.2008, 05:17 AM   #47
nonny
empty page

nonny has much to be proud ofnonny has much to be proud ofnonny has much to be proud ofnonny has much to be proud ofnonny has much to be proud ofnonny has much to be proud ofnonny has much to be proud ofnonny has much to be proud ofnonny has much to be proud ofnonny has much to be proud of
yeah i know....hopefully they will be out in another 2 years....fingers crossed
Old 02.21.2008, 05:58 AM   #48
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

Hmm. If their next album comes out next year, perhaps 2009/10
Old 02.21.2008, 02:38 PM   #49
Kina
children of satan

Kina kicks all y'all's assesKina kicks all y'all's assesKina kicks all y'all's assesKina kicks all y'all's assesKina kicks all y'all's assesKina kicks all y'all's assesKina kicks all y'all's assesKina kicks all y'all's assesKina kicks all y'all's assesKina kicks all y'all's assesKina kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonny
man you guys are so lucky!!! I had my tix to go see them on the 18th and then I couldnt go cos i was relying on getting there from the central coast and they were doing track work and I would have been stranded at a station for 3 hours and had to start uni at 8am on the tuesday so I was not happy!!! I tried to swap my tix at tickettek for the tuesday show and they wouldnt let me...... man i was so pissed...but its good to hear it was a good concert

that totally sucks! I hope you get to see them soon nonny
Kina is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.21.2008, 04:21 PM   #50
nonny
empty page

haha yeah I know...but I did see them in 2004 and that was pretty cool!!! so they seem to come out every 2 years...so hopefully 2010 they will be back
Old 02.21.2008, 05:54 PM   #51
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

Nurse tour would have kicked ass.
Old 02.22.2008, 01:20 AM   #52
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

Cool. I was going to buy one but they were $20.
Old 02.22.2008, 02:17 AM   #53
ohfuchsia
little trouble girl

ohfuchsia kicks all y'all's assesohfuchsia kicks all y'all's assesohfuchsia kicks all y'all's assesohfuchsia kicks all y'all's assesohfuchsia kicks all y'all's assesohfuchsia kicks all y'all's assesohfuchsia kicks all y'all's assesohfuchsia kicks all y'all's assesohfuchsia kicks all y'all's assesohfuchsia kicks all y'all's assesohfuchsia kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEROpumpkins
Ahh! You went both nights, just like I wanted to. Who were you in front of, ohfuchsia?

i was in front of lee both nights. i saw you actually, and i meant to say hi, but you were too far away and then i forgot. i was behind and to the left of you, with the red hair.
i had the barrier in front of lee on the second night...
oh yeah.. and i met them after the first show...hehe..
Old 02.22.2008, 02:25 AM   #54
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

Ahh! I wanted to meet them, I just didn't know how. You shoulda said hi and we could have high fived, so we could have a cool meeting story to tell our fellow SYG members.
Old 02.22.2008, 02:31 AM   #55
ohfuchsia
little trouble girl

well i do enjoy a good high five, maybe next time.
Old 02.22.2008, 02:34 AM   #56
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

What if there isn't a next time
Old 02.22.2008, 02:57 AM   #57
idSuperego
empty page

idSuperego has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Hey guys, I went to their amazing show on Monday, and yes, it was amazing! It was my first every concert as well Two things I'd like to talk about:

1. Kim Gordon didn't seem very ethusiastic AND she didn't sound very good. What was up with that?

2. Did anyone see the group of girls after the show who were waiting outside the theatre? Now, I'm not an expert on such matters, but is it just me or did they seem like (hot) groupies? :-P

lata.

EDIT: THREE things. 3. I was so close to Lee Ranadlo before the show started. I shoulda hi5ed him
idSuperego is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.22.2008, 03:03 AM   #58
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by idSuperego
Hey guys, I went to their amazing show on Monday, and yes, it was amazing! It was my first every concert as well Two things I'd like to talk about:

1. Kim Gordon didn't seem very ethusiastic AND she didn't sound very good. What was up with that?

2. Did anyone see the group of girls after the show who were waiting outside the theatre? Now, I'm not an expert on such matters, but is it just me or did they seem like (hot) groupies? :-P

lata.

EDIT: THREE things. 3. I was so close to Lee Ranadlo before the show started. I shoulda hi5ed him
Yep I saw those girls. Was sitting next to them in line. EDIT: Oh, after the show. Yeah I saw them
Old 02.22.2008, 03:18 AM   #59
idSuperego
empty page

idSuperego has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohfuchsia
sorry that last post was meant for zero pumpkins and now it doesnt' make sense with that post inbetween.
Yeah I was wondering what the hell was going on :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEROpumpkins
Yep I saw those girls. Was sitting next to them in line. EDIT: Oh, after the show. Yeah I saw them
The ones wearing the sorta glamorous dresses and high heeled shoes?
idSuperego is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.22.2008, 03:22 AM   #60
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

I think so. How old?

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth