Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page CBEST/CSET testing..
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.14.2009, 03:16 PM   #1
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
"..The California Subject Examinations for Teachers® (CSET®) have been developed by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC) for prospective teachers who choose to or are required to meet requirements for certification by taking examinations. The CTC contracted the Evaluation Systems group of Pearson to assist in the development, administration, and scoring of the CSET. The CSET program includes examinations designed to help candidates meet the following certification requirements.."

CSEST

"..The California Basic Educational Skills Test™ (CBEST®) was developed to meet requirements of laws relating to credentialing and employment. This test requirement in no way replaces any of the other requirements of subject matter knowledge, professional preparation, and practice teaching or field experience used in the issuance of credentials. The CBEST is designed to test basic reading, mathematics, and writing skills found to be important for the job of an educator; the test is not designed to measure the ability to teach those skills.

The California legislation that established the CBEST directed the State Superintendent of Public Instruction, in conjunction with the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC) and an Advisory Board consisting of a majority of educators from California classrooms, to develop the CBEST. The development of the CBEST included definition of the primary skills to be tested; test-item writing and review for relevance to the specified skill areas; field testing; a validity study focusing on the accuracy, fairness, clarity, and job relevance of each test item; bias reviews; standard-setting studies; and determination of the passing scores. Since the initial development of the CBEST, new test items have been developed by contractors and all items have been reviewed by committees of California educators to verify that they meet test specifications adopted by the CTC and are free of bias.

The CBEST was selected by the Oregon Teacher Standards and Practices Commission (TSPC) in July 1984 to assess educators’ basic reading, writing, and mathematics skills in the English language..."

CBEST

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.14.2009, 03:18 PM   #2
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
CBEST is the easy one, CSET is equally easy in skill, but much more comprehensive and specific to my field, of history, and as I am an Ethiopianist historian, I have to brush up on my US history..

hoops to jump through are nice sometimes, because the results speak for themselves, you don't have to explain to some bureaucratic asshole your qualifications..
i'm scheduled for April 18 and May 16.. anyone else (or something similar?)

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.14.2009, 03:48 PM   #3
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
best of luck
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.10.2011, 03:34 AM   #4
johnnystrauss77
empty page

johnnystrauss77 has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Has anyone taken the Education for CSET teaching certification I would appreciate any ideas about what the test is like. What are the essay questions and what about math preparation? I am taking cset online course and cset study guides for my preparation. I want to know if after passing this cset test, I would be able to get a good teaching job in USA. Everyone should take help of these cset study guides for better preparation. Because mainly English and math section gives problem in cset test.

CSET study guides
johnnystrauss77 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.10.2011, 10:37 AM   #5
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Nah...I'm still in school.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.10.2011, 10:42 AM   #6
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Keeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
"..The California Subject Examinations for Teachers® (CSET®) have been developed by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC) for prospective teachers who choose to or are required to meet requirements for certification by taking examinations. The CTC contracted the Evaluation Systems group of Pearson to assist in the development, administration, and scoring of the CSET. The CSET program includes examinations designed to help candidates meet the following certification requirements.."

CSEST

"..The California Basic Educational Skills Test™ (CBEST®) was developed to meet requirements of laws relating to credentialing and employment. This test requirement in no way replaces any of the other requirements of subject matter knowledge, professional preparation, and practice teaching or field experience used in the issuance of credentials. The CBEST is designed to test basic reading, mathematics, and writing skills found to be important for the job of an educator; the test is not designed to measure the ability to teach those skills.

The California legislation that established the CBEST directed the State Superintendent of Public Instruction, in conjunction with the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC) and an Advisory Board consisting of a majority of educators from California classrooms, to develop the CBEST. The development of the CBEST included definition of the primary skills to be tested; test-item writing and review for relevance to the specified skill areas; field testing; a validity study focusing on the accuracy, fairness, clarity, and job relevance of each test item; bias reviews; standard-setting studies; and determination of the passing scores. Since the initial development of the CBEST, new test items have been developed by contractors and all items have been reviewed by committees of California educators to verify that they meet test specifications adopted by the CTC and are free of bias.

The CBEST was selected by the Oregon Teacher Standards and Practices Commission (TSPC) in July 1984 to assess educators’ basic reading, writing, and mathematics skills in the English language..."

CBEST

Whatever.
Keeping It Simple is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.24.2011, 12:51 PM   #7
mikelynn77
empty page

mikelynn77 has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
My sister is preparing to become a high school math teacher. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to prep for the CSET math exams? I have not been able to find prep books or classes for this specific exam but I do studying CSET test prep books which are quite easy to understand. But I am going to need to study more from CSET test prep for math because I have seen the math question and never seen these types of question. So, if you have had experience with the exam, please tell me how you prepped for it. I appreciate any tips/strategies. Thanks

CSET test prep books
mikelynn77 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth