Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Kronos Quartet rocked in Lexington for free last week!!!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.17.2007, 04:15 PM   #1
Disgruntled Youth
the end of the ugly

Disgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's asses
I got to see them do a 2 1/2 hour set last week it was awesome. The played the closing song to Requiem For a Dream, they also played a few tunes inspired by Indian music, a spoken word piece was done with them playing along, they played a song by a Agentinian composer & they also played several songs featuring sampled instrumentation. I had nose bleed seats but for freee who can complain. Aside from that I was joined by boardie RDTV and a couple of othe friends after that it was back to my place to kill a 5 liter keg of Hini & some trees. all I can say is "awesome totally awesome" Jeff Spicoli.

"Drink Guinness & live,
Hate Guinness & die"
Lee "Scratch" Perry
Disgruntled Youth is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.17.2007, 10:34 PM   #2
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
they are rocking in mexico for a lot of money in a couple of months.

they'll be playing riley, reich, zorn and sigur rós, among many others.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.18.2007, 03:03 AM   #3
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
Kronos Quartet are a wonderful sight to behold. You're a lucky man to have seen them for free, they seem to be quite a costly draw these days.
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.18.2007, 03:46 PM   #4
Disgruntled Youth
the end of the ugly

Disgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's asses
I did not know that. I was totally joking about bootleging the show & having it posted on the net. I knew that it was quite the show but I wasn't to sure of what to expect from them. I did feel very fortunate to have caught that show for free though. It was also cool to see other people from our circl their as well.

"Drink Guinness & live,
Hate Guinness & die"
Lee "Scratch" Perry
Disgruntled Youth is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth