Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page My Sonic Room 2017
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.25.2017, 01:04 PM   #1
thewall91
children of satan

thewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's asses

So since my parents sold my home where my original wall resided I decided to do a grownup version of it (hence the very punk rock fax machine in the lower left corner)! It was a lot of fun to do, and actually a lot more challenging than when I did it in high school. I decided to not use my original drawing of it and just to trace the actual raymond pettibon drawing on and paint it, because my drawing wasn't perfect, and this wall was a lot bigger so I had some problems with proportions and getting it to fit. So I can only take credit for the paint job (and superb tracing skills). I also decided to film it the same way I did on the "My Sonic Room" video from the corporate ghost DVD. I put the videos on a youtube playlist, so here's that link for anyone who's interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmda...uwSFrz8DIFO01W

And for anyone who doesn't have a clue who I am or what this was all about, here's me and my original wall back in 1991. I made a videotape of the process in hopes of meeting the band, and it worked. The picture on the wall below was my drawing of the Goo cover, projected and painted on the wall.

thewall91 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.26.2017, 12:25 AM   #2
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
Patty is back! thanks for sharing. so cool. I want to have wall like you!

greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.26.2017, 08:38 AM   #3
thewall91
children of satan

thewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlight
Patty is back! thanks for sharing. so cool. I want to have wall like you!

Thanks! And just do it!

side note - wow, when did photobucket start charging $400/year to post pictures? i guess you'll have to click the youtube link to see the wall. or i'm on instagram at @nikitaseis.
Old 09.27.2017, 12:41 AM   #4
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
yeah, photobucket went shit. the whole internet did.

greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.27.2017, 01:18 PM   #5
Screaming Skull
children of satan

Screaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's asses
Very cool. How do I see the original video? Link?
Screaming Skull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.27.2017, 02:10 PM   #6
thewall91
children of satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screaming Skull
Very cool. How do I see the original video? Link?

original video is nowhere on the internet. But you can buy the corporate ghost dvd, if you don't already have it. i think the dvd is worth the 15 bucks for everything that's on it:

https://www.amazon.com/Sonic-Youth-C...st+sonic+youth

edit to add: the ORIGINAL original, i don't even have anymore. i gave it to steve when they were putting it on the dvd. i think it was probably about a half-hour, but they edited it down because i was listening to music almost the whole time so they either couldn't or didn't want to bother with getting rights to those songs.
Old 09.28.2017, 03:39 PM   #7
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
comic book variant cover

Old 09.28.2017, 09:51 PM   #8
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
I just realized I posted this in the wrong thread haha sorry

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth