Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page What are you playing?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.17.2010, 01:07 AM   #3141
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
Plus if you chain attacks you only need to bring up the grid once for each enemy, although it wouldn't be a good idea to use this method when fighting bosses on your first play through.
Additionaly the chain attacks have a lot of useful status changes to inflict on enemies.

Next, you can't buy anythnig in the game, there are no shops or money, you only get new weapons & armour by finding them or making them. There are three blade types (plus 6 material types) that are strong or weak against different classes or alignments of enemies (there are 8 classes, and six elemental alignments), plus the more you use a particular weapon against whatever class or alignment the more effective it becomes, and in turn less effective against opposing classes. Also there are loads of buff spells and gems to equip to weapons & armour to make them more effective.

Weapons can't break, after a certain amount of use they do need to be repaired but a weapon that needs reparing is only marginally worse than one in good condition.

Admittedly some of the early boss fights can be a slog where you will only do a few HP of damage with each blow, but you can also reflect damage back when they hit you if you use defence properly. However as you get stronger and power up your weapons boss fights become a lot more manageable, especially on 2nd or 3rd play throughs.

The game can only be completed in 2 hours if you on probably a third or 4th play through when you've got a lot stronger and very good equipment.

Also you can save whenever you like if you go to a save point, but that's common to a lot of games. If you played through only the first few hours then there's a save point in the first room, and 2 before the first boss, one straight after, and plenty more after that. There are only 2 areas of the game that you can't save in, one is a maze you have to get through within a certain time limit, and the other is a an area that is unlocked after your first play through.

Anyway, aside from that it's got one of the best and most cliche free stories of any rpg, the sound is great & is closer to a film score than regular game music, plus not all areas of the game have music, when you are in the town for example you just get the sound of birds singing, the river etc, which I think works great.
The weapon forging system is really engrossing and addictive. The titles that the game awards you for achieving certain things also kept me hooked for a long time. The titles you get for time trials of previously completed puzzles are funny. 15% of the game area and the best weapons, armour and spells are only obtainable on the second play through, plus you get to keep all your old stuff when you restart from the begining so you don't have to start forging stuff all over again. God knows how much time I've spent playing that game and there's still a load of stuff I haven't done yet.
Another great thing about this game is that there is no level gaining so no grinding, your stats are only increased by defeating bosses or finding the occasional potion.

Thanks toilet and bowels. I actually re-downloaed the game because of your response and I am enjoying it much more than I did originally. I guess we're even now (since you love DRAGON QUEST VIII so much now; I recall you didn't get into it at first but I urged you to try it some more). You'd really consider Majora's Mask one of the best rpg's ever though (I wouldn't even call it an rpg, but you know...)? I think that's one of the worst zeldas; it feels rushed, and the 3 day system is downright annoying.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.17.2010, 01:45 AM   #3142
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by chairman of the bored
Speaking of SNES, I'm trying to pick up a few games that I may have missed out on back in the days. I know about all the classics, for the most part. My list so far:

1. out of this world

And that's about it...any suggestions? SNES games that you love or think may be under the radar classics.

Out of this World/Another World rules so much. It is one of my alltime favorite games, and one of the first games I ever got for the computer (along with MYST). It is the guy who made Killer7 (Suda)'s favorite game, and you can tell why.

I guess you should get Flashback, too then. There are a few games like this on the Genesis and Sega CD, surprisingly. I love them. They need to make a new game like this (the newest ones I can think of are Heart of Darkness -- which kinda sucked -- and Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee and Abe's Exodus which both rule... also, can't forget the first Neverhood game... if they make a new atmospheric adventure game like these, with a much faster pace and more reliable control, it'd be the most badass game ever) Oh, get BLACKTHORNE, also.

The Genesis is my favorite 16-bit system, because it had so many gems that people STILL haven't discovered (Ranger X, anyone?). Also, the music was always better (Genesis soundchip produced some of the most fucked up music ever; listen to Chakan Forever Man... genuinely scary! Listen to Biohazard Battle; insaaaaaaaaane bass), and any game that appeared on both systems was always better on the Genesis (Mega Bomberman's better than Super Bomberman. Mega Turrican's better than Super Turrican. Castlevania Bloodlines is better than both SNES Casltevanias. Contra Hard Corps is better than Contra 3. ETC.). Also, the Genesis had some of the best shooters ever, like Lightening Force and MERCS. Finally, the Genesis has cheaper games, one of the rarest games on the system is Streets of Rage 3 and I got it for $10. Hah. The SNES, though, does have better RPG's.

I am going to list 50 of my favorite SNES games. I've decided not to look at Joe's list, so as to not be influenced in any way. One thing I've noticed is that most lists list the exact same games in the top 10 or whatever (rest assured you won't find a single DONKEY KONG COUNTRY game in my list -- no Rare games at all, actually). I hope my list is a little different than all the others you read, since I've played every single SNES game ever made (thanks to emulation), most quite thoroughly. So, you can really trust me here -- I have put comments next to a few of the choices. Enjoy.

1. Super Metroid (my favorite game ever made, PERIOD. Only game that comes close in any way is all 80 hours of Xenogears for the PS1, which has a rat crucified. Nothing beats this game's atmosphere, music, graphics, nonobtrusive storyline and gameplay... playing OTHER M the other day almost made me cry because it was so horrible. This game makes me cry because it's genuinely FAULTLESS. I have bought many copies of this game for other people. I am a good friend. I have enhabced my friend's lives through this game.)

BTW, this is fucking badass:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFMsrHCFXj0
SUPER METROID GAMES DONE THROUGH THE GENESIS SOUND CHIP. Sounds awesome!

2. Tetris Attack (the best puzzle game ever made; Lumines is a better game for single player, Puzzle Fighter and maybe Puyo Puyo are better games multiplayer. Tetris Attack is fun in single, multi, WHATEVER. Just an amazing game... though, if you have an N64, you should get pokemon puzzle league -- it's actually usually cheaper -- and if you have a DS, get the definitive version, PLANET PUZZLE LEAGUE. Actually, if you can import Gamecube games, get the nintendo puzzle collection one -- which is usually really cheap. Nothing beats 4 player Tetris Attack. I know people who have never had any interest in puzzle games who have played this game for days on end.)

3. Yoshi's Island (brilliant. MASSIVE. Beautiful. The best platforming game ever made, period. Fun as hell. Almost feels effortless in its beautiful design and control. A real sense of inertia.)

4. Super Turrican II (ever wanted to play a game where every single moment of every single level makes you go, "holy fucking shit -- this is the coolest game ever?" Well, besides Contra Hard Corps and Ikaruga and Rez... this is about the only game I can say that about. This motherfucker NEVER lets up. You HAVE TO have this game.)

5. Super Mario RPG (so fucking fun! The battle with axe'em rangers is one of the best battles ever! I don't care what anyone says -- this is the best RPG on the system, and what got me into RPG's back in the day. Sure, it gets obscenely easy if you get a certain armor 75% through the game, but man... Bowser and Mario teaming up = genius)

6. Actraiser (part strategy game, part side scrolling sword swinging epic. Best soundtrack ever, possibly. What more could you want? Enix are geniuses... and, actually, I didn't realize this when first compiling the list before writing these little comments here and there -- but the next few games are enix games)

7. Ogre Battle (a hardcore strategy game for hardcore strategy buffs. That doesn't include most people. But I LOVE it)

8. Terranigma (more fun -- and epic -- than Zelda: Link to the Past, this has more in common with the Ys games. Which is to say, this game is fucking awesome.)

9. EVO (Sold this puppy for $80. And I miss it. Another Enix game that's all over the fucking map, seems like an inspiration for SEAMAN of all things. Truly a work of art, the likes of which is all to rare in games)

10. Demon's Crest (Damn 4 picture per post limit. Well, that's the final beautiful SNES screenshot! Oh well. Reason # 232r552 why Genesis was a better system: Look at this screen. Games like this were a dime a dozen on the Genesis.. Kid Chameleon, the Monster World games, Chakan, Ranger X, etc... you're some crazy looking hero exploring evil catacombs, with a foreboding atmosphere... unfortunately, the Genesis never got one of the ultimate games in this "genre" -- not really a platformer, not really anything else -- and this game rockS. i LOVE how there's no little energy display. So unobtrusive! Capcom made a very innovative, brilliant game here. People who gave a fuck = almost none)

11. The Adventures of Batman and Robin (GENIUS. Absolutely genius! The graphics, the music, the levels.. gives me chills.. if you love Batman... this game is unbelievable! Fuck! Fighting Joker on a moving rollercoaster while he throws bombs at you.. brilliant! The only good Batman game besides the original NES Batman and Arkham Asylum.)

12. Illusion of Gaia
13. Mega Man X3
14. DoReMi Fantasy
15. Treasure Hunter G
16. Chrono Trigger
17. Kirby Superstar
18. Final Fantasy III (really VI) (this is one game where you'll feel compelled to do EVERYTHING in)
19. Link to the Past
20. Kirby's Avalanche
21. Super Mario All-Stars + World (5 great games on one cartridge!)
22. Contra III (though Hard Corps for the Genesis is a TRILLION times better)
23. Secret of Mana
24. Rendering Ranger: R2 (see my post way above)
25. Earthbound (as much as I LOVE this game, people have a tendency to overrate it, I think, because they feel like they're part of a secret club, haha. Look, it's a modern day Dragon Quest that feels a bit awkward and even dull in places, but its wackinesss -- especially the music -- makes it compelling.)
26. Breath of Fire II (ah, the BReath of Fire games... I think 3 is the crowning achievement, but this game is really really fun. Another difficult, fun Capcom game, basically. colorful, too!)
27. Umihara Kawase (this is one of the most brilliant sidescrolling/platforming games ever, all you do is swing around and shit... yep, that's it. And it's fun!)
28. Super Street Fighter II Turbo
29. SUper Turrican
30. Ganbare Goemon 2: Kiteretsu Shougun Magginesu
31. Zombies Ate My Neighbors (which is better on Genesis, only with a 6 button; AVOID Ghoul Patrol)
32. Castlevania IV (AVOID Dracula X)
33. Final Fantasy II (IV!)
34. The Firemen
35. The King of Demons
36. Gradius III
37. Skyblazer (this game is so fucking fun! It's hard, though.. jumping around EVERYWHERE... if you enjoy jumping really really high, swinging around, sticking to walls, etc.. youll dig this one!)
38. Ninja Gaiden Trilogy (sold, like, 2 copies.. despite being 3 of the best fucking games EVER MADE, with a really beautiful graphical update... go figure)
39. Run Sabre (like a Strider for the SNES, but better. Yep, better.)
40. Cybernator
41. Pocky and Rocky
42. Space Megaforce (one of the most overlooked shoot em ups ever)
43. Lufia II
44. Soul Blazer (don't mix this up with Skyblazer!)
45. Wario's Woods
46. Super Bomberman 4 (only came out in Japan, so just get 2)
47. Metal Warriors
48. Dragon View
49. Tales of Phantasia
50. Blackthorne

...whoo!

If you need any games in a specific genre, lemme know.

Old 11.17.2010, 01:48 AM   #3143
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Finally, I am playing SLAPP HAPPY! RHYTHM BUSTERS (I think I only got it because the name is SLAPP HAPPY!, like that awesome band that Henry Cow did some albums with...) (no, seriously, the game fucking rules too) THIS IS THE MOST FIGHTING GAME I'VE EVER PLAYED. My absolute favorite fighting games are, like, Bushido Blade 1-2 and Street Fighter III and Guilty Gear and whatnot.. but if you just want fun, this is fun! You get to swing around and fly around and shoot things with guns and one character rips his own head off and throws it at you... the special attacks are timed punches/kicks, like PaRappa the Rapper as a fighting game or something. Just AMAZING. Fuck!

Insanely fun 2D fighting game for the PS1, fast and colorful and great. Up there with DarkStalkers 3, Guilty Gear, and SF Alpha 3 as far as great PS1 games go. I seriously discover a new awesome PS1 game every day. What a fucking system.

ps: cel shading on the ps1! (even though Sega claims they invented it)

pps: one of the best techno soundtracks ever.

Old 11.17.2010, 02:58 AM   #3144
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

As for the beat-em-up discussion earlier on this page, the best beat-em-up game ever is STREETS OF RAGE 3...

Followed by GUARDIAN HEROES..

Followed by X-MEN (arcade):

Followed by ODIN SPHERE (yeah, it counts)..

Other favs:
- Panzer Bandits
- God Hand
- Final Fight 3
- Streets of Rage 2
- Mystical Fighter
- Simpsons Arcade Game
- Turtles in Time
- River City Ransom
- SPLATTERHOUSE 3!
- Battletoads/Double Dragon
- VIEWTFIUL JOE!
- Sengoku 3
- various Capcom brawlers ( Alien vs Predator, Punisher, Battle Circuit, Cadillacs and Dinosaurs, Armored Warriros, various Dungeons and Dragons beat em ups)
- Comix Zone
- 3 Dirty Dwarves
- Castle Crashers

are all fucking awesome.

I have the Capcom Classics Collections volume 1 and 2 and there are seriously a good 10 or so beat em up games on there that are just badass, between the two of them. Can't beat the 4 player action of CAPtain COMmando (if you have a multitap, which I do). Beat em ups are the best game to play 2 player besides puzzle games imo.

Old 11.17.2010, 08:37 AM   #3145
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
I just added a blog post about the Konami Hyper Boy.
Old 11.17.2010, 09:43 AM   #3146
chairman of the bored
the destroyed room

chairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard sucka
Big thanks to atsonicpark(must spread etc) and dr. eugene (repped). awesome people like you keep me hanging around this board.

i'm definitely gonna take a couple things you guys suggested and seek 'em out. i'd give a more thoughtful response but i'm at work. blech.
Old 11.17.2010, 10:42 AM   #3147
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
I just added a blog post about the Konami Hyper Boy.

go read my blog!
Old 11.17.2010, 12:03 PM   #3148
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
Ha, I was wondering what the hell that thing was! How much did you drop on that beast, NR?

Oh, and thanks Chairman!
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.17.2010, 06:36 PM   #3149
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses

R-Type (GB)

Puyo-Pop Fever (GC)
Old 11.17.2010, 07:32 PM   #3150
noisereductions
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson

R-Type (GB)

FUCKING YES! I have R-Type (GB), R-Type DX (GBC) (which is basically R-Type I & II), and R-Type III (GBA) fuckers! Yeah!
Old 11.17.2010, 10:32 PM   #3151
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Anyone else pumped for Marvel VS. Capcom 3? Comes out in Feb.....gonna be sick.
Old 11.18.2010, 12:37 AM   #3152
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
FUCKING YES! I have R-Type (GB), R-Type DX (GBC) (which is basically R-Type I & II), and R-Type III (GBA) fuckers! Yeah!

Buuuuut you're missing Delta and Final -- those are the best two!!

I have all the ones you mentioned, and R-Types for the PS1, which is R-Type DX, but for the PS1/PS2. FINAL is mindblowing, but Delta has to be the best.

There's a new PSP strategy one too.

Old 11.18.2010, 01:00 AM   #3153
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

BTW, thanks to all the people who repped me for this post. Glad it was appreciated. It got buried pretty quickly so I'm going to go ahead and bump it, but remove some of the text...
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
My top 50 favorite SNES games.

1. Super Metroid (my favorite game ever made, PERIOD. Only game that comes close in any way is all 80 hours of Xenogears for the PS1, which has a rat crucified. Nothing beats this game's atmosphere, music, graphics, nonobtrusive storyline and gameplay... playing OTHER M the other day almost made me cry because it was so horrible. This game makes me cry because it's genuinely FAULTLESS. I have bought many copies of this game for other people. I am a good friend. I have enhabced my friend's lives through this game.)
2. Tetris Attack (the best puzzle game ever made; Lumines is a better game for single player, Puzzle Fighter and maybe Puyo Puyo are better games multiplayer. Tetris Attack is fun in single, multi, WHATEVER. Just an amazing game... though, if you have an N64, you should get pokemon puzzle league -- it's actually usually cheaper -- and if you have a DS, get the definitive version, PLANET PUZZLE LEAGUE. Actually, if you can import Gamecube games, get the nintendo puzzle collection one -- which is usually really cheap. Nothing beats 4 player Tetris Attack. I know people who have never had any interest in puzzle games who have played this game for days on end.)
3. Yoshi's Island (brilliant. MASSIVE. Beautiful. The best platforming game ever made, period. Fun as hell. Almost feels effortless in its beautiful design and control. A real sense of inertia.)

4. Super Turrican II (ever wanted to play a game where every single moment of every single level makes you go, "holy fucking shit -- this is the coolest game ever?" Well, besides Contra Hard Corps and Ikaruga and Rez... this is about the only game I can say that about. This motherfucker NEVER lets up. You HAVE TO have this game.)
5. Super Mario RPG (so fucking fun! The battle with axe'em rangers is one of the best battles ever! I don't care what anyone says -- this is the best RPG on the system, and what got me into RPG's back in the day. Sure, it gets obscenely easy if you get a certain armor 75% through the game, but man... Bowser and Mario teaming up = genius)
6. Actraiser (part strategy game, part side scrolling sword swinging epic. Best soundtrack ever, possibly. What more could you want? Enix are geniuses... and, actually, I didn't realize this when first compiling the list before writing these little comments here and there -- but the next few games are enix games)

7. Ogre Battle (a hardcore strategy game for hardcore strategy buffs. That doesn't include most people. But I LOVE it)

8. Terranigma (more fun -- and epic -- than Zelda: Link to the Past, this has more in common with the Ys games. Which is to say, this game is fucking awesome.)
9. EVO (Sold this puppy for $80. And I miss it. Another Enix game that's all over the fucking map, seems like an inspiration for SEAMAN of all things. Truly a work of art, the likes of which is all to rare in games)

10. Demon's Crest (Reason # 232r552 why Genesis was a better system: Look at this screen. Games like this were a dime a dozen on the Genesis.. Kid Chameleon, the Monster World games, Chakan, Ranger X, etc... you're some crazy looking hero exploring evil catacombs, with a foreboding atmosphere... unfortunately, the Genesis never got one of the ultimate games in this "genre" -- not really a platformer, not really anything else -- and this game rockS. i LOVE how there's no little energy display. So unobtrusive! Capcom made a very innovative, brilliant game here. People who gave a fuck = almost none)
11. The Adventures of Batman and Robin (GENIUS. Absolutely genius! The graphics, the music, the levels.. gives me chills.. if you love Batman... this game is unbelievable! Fuck! Fighting Joker on a moving rollercoaster while he throws bombs at you.. brilliant! The only good Batman game besides the original NES Batman and Arkham Asylum.)
12. Illusion of Gaia
13. Mega Man X3
14. DoReMi Fantasy
15. Treasure Hunter G
16. Chrono Trigger
17. Kirby Superstar
18. Final Fantasy III (really VI) (this is one game where you'll feel compelled to do EVERYTHING in)
19. Link to the Past
20. Kirby's Avalanche
21. Super Mario All-Stars + World (5 great games on one cartridge!)
22. Contra III (though Hard Corps for the Genesis is a TRILLION times better)
23. Secret of Mana
24. Rendering Ranger: R2 (see my post way above)
25. Earthbound (as much as I LOVE this game, people have a tendency to overrate it, I think, because they feel like they're part of a secret club, haha. Look, it's a modern day Dragon Quest that feels a bit awkward and even dull in places, but its wackinesss -- especially the music -- makes it compelling.)
26. Breath of Fire II (ah, the BReath of Fire games... I think 3 is the crowning achievement, but this game is really really fun. Another difficult, fun Capcom game, basically. colorful, too!)
27. Umihara Kawase (this is one of the most brilliant sidescrolling/platforming games ever, all you do is swing around and shit... yep, that's it. And it's fun!)
28. Super Street Fighter II Turbo
29. SUper Turrican
30. Ganbare Goemon 2: Kiteretsu Shougun Magginesu
31. Zombies Ate My Neighbors (which is better on Genesis, only with a 6 button; AVOID Ghoul Patrol)
32. Castlevania IV (AVOID Dracula X)
33. Final Fantasy II (IV!)
34. The Firemen
35. The King of Demons
36. Gradius III
37. Skyblazer (this game is so fucking fun! It's hard, though.. jumping around EVERYWHERE... if you enjoy jumping really really high, swinging around, sticking to walls, etc.. youll dig this one!)
38. Ninja Gaiden Trilogy (sold, like, 2 copies.. despite being 3 of the best fucking games EVER MADE, with a really beautiful graphical update... go figure)
39. Run Sabre (like a Strider for the SNES, but better. Yep, better.)
40. Cybernator
41. Pocky and Rocky
42. Space Megaforce (one of the most overlooked shoot em ups ever)
43. Lufia II
44. Soul Blazer (don't mix this up with Skyblazer!)
45. Wario's Woods
46. Super Bomberman 4 (only came out in Japan, so just get 2)
47. Metal Warriors
48. Dragon View
49. Tales of Phantasia
50. Blackthorne

Old 11.18.2010, 01:03 AM   #3154
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by krastian
Anyone else pumped for Marvel VS. Capcom 3? Comes out in Feb.....gonna be sick.

It looks fucking amazing, doesn't it? Just to play as Wesker is pretty badass! I wasn't the biggest MvC2 fan in the world (my strategy: pick Cable, Mega Man, and Tron Bonne.. fire lots and lots of projectiles so quickly from far away that no one can come at you.. if they jump in, do a special attack. It's nearly impossible for another character to hit you this way, unless they fire projectiles, too, in which case you're just going to go back and forth and whoever is luckiest wins)... it was insane and fast and graphically amazing, but I like fighters like Capcom vs SNK2 and SFIII and SFA3 with a bit more strategy. But if you just want a fun little mindfuck, MvC2 is fun as hell -- can't beat the roster list, either. Hopefully, they make the gameplay in MvC3 a wee bit deeper. Either way, it looks too good for words.

Anyway, I've put about 15 hours into persona 2: Innocent Sin. EXCELLENT game, excellent translation. Wow. I can't believe a bunch of people made this translation patch -- for free. I am going to donate some cash to them via paypal, definitely. And they're localizing MORE smt games! Wow... heroic.

Anyway, I dunno if it's really better than Eternal Punishment.. seems a LOT easier too.. but it's still fun as hell, some of the best dialogue ever, and reminds me why I like the smt games to begin with. Do whatever you can to pick up some SMT games -- there were tons released on the ps2 over here. Hell, Nocturne -- which was, seriously, $80-120 for 3 years -- recently got a reprint and you can easily find a complete copy for $20 now. Hell yeah.

Just picked this baby up.

Old 11.18.2010, 02:15 AM   #3155
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

^ I was looking at that a few days back. Looks pretty fresh. I've never played a game in the series before.

And yes, yes, YES, R-TYPE FINAL RULES!
Old 11.18.2010, 02:30 AM   #3156
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

But yeah...

Downloaded the Chrono Trigger OST, and I couldn't help but get sucked in all over again. I love how legendary this game is. This is one of those games where you can legitimize the quality of a human being, soley based on whether or not they've played this.

Oh yeah, and it's sweet that you like Metal Warriors too, AC! Aside from my cousin and I, I've never met anyone else who has even heard of it! CHAIRMAN GET METAL WARRIORS. IT'S REALLY FUN, AND WILL SCORE YOU MAD INDIE NERD POINTZ.

Old 11.18.2010, 08:31 AM   #3157
noisereductions
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Buuuuut you're missing Delta and Final -- those are the best two!!

I have all the ones you mentioned, and R-Types for the PS1, which is R-Type DX, but for the PS1/PS2. FINAL is mindblowing, but Delta has to be the best.

There's a new PSP strategy one too.

why is it so hard to understand collecting for a specific platform?
Old 11.18.2010, 11:26 AM   #3158
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses

I will be playing this later today. I'm thinking Golden Axe or SoR.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.18.2010, 11:56 AM   #3159
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

How much didyou drop on that Konami Hyper Boy NR, and where from? That thing is sick! Was it a staggering amount? I see one on ebay for $100.

Here's a sealeD NM copy of Chrono Trigger going for $7,500!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/1995-SNES-Chrono...em336227e a37
Old 11.18.2010, 12:06 PM   #3160
noisereductions
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
How much didyou drop on that Konami Hyper Boy NR, and where from? That thing is sick! Was it a staggering amount? I see one on ebay for $100.

I was purposely ignoring the question, as I've done a dozen or so times elsewhere as well. haha. but if you must know I think it was like $45 for the Hyper Boy itself, but int'l shipping ended up almost doubling that.
108148155156157 158 159160161168208258 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth