Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The pro gun movement
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.04.2010, 02:13 PM   #61
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by knox
yeah sorry
this is wrong in a thousand levels

I love when people can so easily say "yr wrong" without providing any reason for thinking so.
Old 08.04.2010, 02:15 PM   #62
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ann ashtray
I love when people can so easily say "yr wrong" without providing any reason for thinking so.

In this case it's because it's so obvious no one has to.

clue 1:
Control the population of dears, because people get into funny dear accidents on the road.

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.04.2010, 02:15 PM   #63
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
I highly doubt you know anything about Charlie. There was more love between members of Manson + his crew than there is between most families....thats for sure.
Old 08.04.2010, 02:16 PM   #64
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I highly doubt you know anything about Charlie. There was more love between members of Manson + his crew than there is between most families....thats for sure.

LOL.

Old 08.04.2010, 02:17 PM   #65
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
LOL.

clever.
Old 08.04.2010, 02:19 PM   #66
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

I love this, I've yet to "attack" anyone...seems the anti gun folks are doing the most attacking...so odd. THAT worries me.

Everyone likes to fight, I suppose.
Old 08.04.2010, 02:33 PM   #67
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
There was more love between members of Manson + his crew than there is between most families....thats for sure.

With LSD, anything is possible.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.04.2010, 02:40 PM   #68
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

They weren't on acid ALL the time. They weren't at all when they'ed wait outside the courthouse, living in the streets, while Charlie was on trial.

I don;t know many people that would do that.
Old 08.04.2010, 02:46 PM   #69
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
They weren't on acid ALL the time. They weren't at all when they'ed wait outside the courthouse, living in the streets, while Charlie was on trial.

I don;t know many people that would do that.

You can't be on acid ALL the time. but honestly...take 30 hits of acid in lets say.......two months period and have a psycho constantly brainwashing you while yer on acid....you'll "be in love" too...Acid rots yer brain man. Have you ever done it? You become extremely gullable while high.....So yeah this "love" is gonna grow when you have the mind of a 4 year old and this guy is all you have left.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.04.2010, 02:52 PM   #70
knox
invito al cielo

Quote:
I love this, I've yet to "attack" anyone...seems the anti gun folks are doing the most attacking...so odd. THAT worries me.

Everyone likes to fight, I suppose.

I think this is going to be the best thread ever.

The anti-gun folks are attacking, just like people who are against racism are intolerant, right, right? Pacifists are attacking me with their pacifism.

Love in the Manson family. I like the way you said "you know nothing about Charlie" like he's your pal or something lol.

Some I know did a bit more acid than he should in the 70's. He still has all these flashbacks like opening the fridge and staring at the light.

Old 08.04.2010, 03:09 PM   #71
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

He's not my pal. I've never spoken to him...but I can read, and I can def separate the bullshit people say, from the things he's said himself. Don;t care what he may or may not actually have done...I care about the things he's said because I get it.

Dude loves the planet...man. It's quite beautiful. The ignorant just follow that shithead attorney's "theories" though...I mean, all Charlie ever wanted to do was kill, right? The most famous serial killer that never killed anyone.
Old 08.04.2010, 03:13 PM   #72
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah Charles Manson was such a beautiful innocent flower.
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.04.2010, 03:15 PM   #73
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
In this case it's because it's so obvious no one has to.

clue 1:
Control the population of dears, because people get into funny dear accidents on the road.

deer accidents do kill many people every year. MANY. I am sure the families of the dead would appreciate your concern for them.

and when the population runs unchecked due to no natural predators, thousands, if not tens of thousands of deer starve and die in winter.

hunters EAT the venison you know. It's delicious.
Old 08.04.2010, 03:24 PM   #74
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
d
hunters EAT the venison you know. It's delicious.

mmmm.... venison. not just delicious but super-healthy. i wanna get me a hunting license for this fall. and a big freezer.

and salmon fishing! oh i wanna go salmon fishing. salmon salmon salmon salmon wonderful fish. those you hook though-- it's a bizarre thing.

i'd write more about the delights of wild game but i just had breakfast & have work to do.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.04.2010, 03:25 PM   #75
FreshChops
100%

FreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's asses
This country has so many more vital epidemics that are almost taboo to talk about while guns are always at the forefront and the most convenient cop-out. Why not focus on the poison and corrupt ethics of pharmacuticals; obesity; unemployment and dwindling economy and most importantly drug abuse epidemics. Gun control is not an epidemic.... it's the culmination of most of the things mentioned above that are the root of the countries crime and murder problems. Ceasing all guns would do absolutely jack shit unless you magically eradicated the countries poverty and drug abuse epidemic. How many murders (guns or not) are caused in direct relation to either drug abuse or poverty?

Why are pharmaceuticals not in the conversation regarding murders and murder rates? I don't know where y'all get your news but as far as I can tell, there is almost always a factor of illegal drugs or pharmaceuticals involved with murders. To make a reference to one countries murder rates to another without looking at the big picture such as poverty, drug abuse and economy is just retarded (at best).... because those are the factors that lead to crime, not having guns available.

The VT shootings and Columbine: convenient time to talk about banning guns right.. weren't the shooters on antidepressant medications? Have we not learned that that poison can create monsters?... yet, if you mention them in relation to the story, you will be sued out of submission by the pharmaceutical companies. How many mothers have we seen drown there kids in tubs and butchered their children with knives as a result of being on anti-depressents (A: all of them)? It's not OK to question the integrity of the drugs though because you will be sued.

You want to talk about numbers.... I'm pretty sure more people are killed by alcohol and drunk driving than by firearms. Should we lump in banning alcohol into the conversation? I'd sooner see alcohol go than firearms, wouldn't the country be safer then?

Guns are just at the thin surface of all and any epidemic worth debating. They are a simple-minded cop-out for the naive masses.

I'm willing to bet that those opposed to guns talking here have little to no experience with guns. I've never heard anyone opposed to guns, who actually spent any amount of time with them. I see it as a completely ignorant, paranoid opinion.... the no further than the bloated stereo types expressed here.... it's laughable. It's like anti-gun people are coming from another planet, or they lump their whole outlook together based off of lifetime of watching COPS TV to no end.

My whole neighborhood owns guns. We're all different people, different walks of life, but all have guns. The key is, we're all law abiding people with wholesome morals.... thus is our privilage. I love the fact knowing we're all armed. It's our own form of "neighborhood watch". After Hurricane Katrina, we were all cut off from communication and there was a lot of crime, robbing and looting. Not in my neighborhood and not in any others where residents were armed.

I see a general stereotype in here that those who own guns represent a lower intelligence and lower demographics. That's simply an ignorant stereotype again expressed by those who don't really know the reality of the situation. There is a small percentage of gun rights activists who are just obsessed and you will see them at NRA meetings and all... but to assume they represent the majority of all gun owners is just stupid.

I think that anti-gun people have a pacifist attitude in a modern day minimalists-hippie kinda way and frankly I think what scares them more than knowing the next person could own a gun is the consideration for the responsibility of owning a gun themselves.

I have a concealed carry permit. I felt like I needed it because I was doing photography sessions in bad urban areas (mainly Baton Rouge and New Orleans) where on top of taking out all my expensive gear, lighting, power supplies, cameras, etc.... I was out with models, and the whole ordeal attracts a lot of attention, often the wrong kind of attention. I felt like protecting myself, all of my gear and most importantly the models. I never hoped to shoot anyone (w/ a gun - bad pun) and only hoped it'd work as a deterrence if really needed. I've been around guns all my life so am comfortable with them. I've never shot anything with fir only snakes and stuff, bottles, cans and lots of targets.

Recently here where we live, there was a jail escape by like 4 inmates in for murder. There was a HUGE manhunt for them. All were caught except for one who escaped to an older couples camp in an isolated woods area. The couple pulled up to the camp and saw the window open and a light on. Not knowing what was going on, the old man approached the camp are to see what was going on. He was met by the inmate who was approaching him with a knife taken from the camp. Well, the old guy had a pistol with him and sent the convict running. This lead to his capture as well probably saved other lives aside from themselves. Also, my brothers friend who shot a robber... probably saved innocent peoples lives. The thief was a career criminal and as you can imagine, your crime escalates as your need to feed your addiction does. This guy would have eventually killed someone.... so Rene likely saved some innocent poeple(s) lives from this already dangerous piece of shit by putting him down.

can you pacifist hippies comprehend that? How quick would that couple have been butchered had they not had the right to own a gun? Where's the logic in taking protection out of responsible, law abiding citizens hands leaving them defenseless against those are going to threaten others lives regardless?

here's the story (watch the second video for an interview w/ the armed couple): http://blog.nola.com/tpnorthshore/20...n_trailer.html

I have a question: of all of the anti-gun people here.... how many have actually shot guns? My theory is that it's more of a fear of the unknown and inexperienced than it is rational thinking.

Quick, someone look up the rate of concealed gun carriers crime and misuse of firearms....

FreshChops is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.04.2010, 03:37 PM   #76
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek
Yeah Charles Manson was such a beautiful innocent flower.

no such thing exists......unless one realizes NO ONE is a beautiful innocent flower.
Old 08.04.2010, 03:38 PM   #77
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
FreshChops is the light and the way....
Old 08.04.2010, 03:39 PM   #78
knox
invito al cielo

Quote:
He's not my pal. I've never spoken to him...but I can read, and I can def separate the bullshit people say, from the things he's said himself. Don;t care what he may or may not actually have done...I care about the things he's said because I get it.

Dude loves the planet...man. It's quite beautiful. The ignorant just follow that shithead attorney's "theories" though...I mean, all Charlie ever wanted to do was kill, right? The most famous serial killer that never killed anyone.

I was right about this being the best thread ever.

Old 08.04.2010, 03:48 PM   #79
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Ol' Charlie Manson is a different thread altogether.

knox, have you read abouyt his "childhood?" (I put that in quotes because being abandoned, raised in juvenile detention centers for years, being beaten, sodomized, abused by inmates as well as guards, beaten by police, abuised by foster parents, etc is not a CHILDHOOD)

Like Charlie says, he is a monster that society created, in every aspect. and society is scared shitless of it's bastard offspring.
Old 08.04.2010, 03:54 PM   #80
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

Again, Rob says it best. He looked for love and eventually he found it. Sad things had to turn out so harsh.

+ I should add...he found it through YOUNG ADULTS that had SERIOUS problems before ever even meeting him. For a while, they were doing realy good for themselves.
> »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth