Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Parents.
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.19.2006, 10:14 PM   #1
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, well my mom has looked at my myspace messages because I had left myspace signed in. She told me. That in itself is pretty messed up. But then my mom went on to say something like this: "Don't think we don't know about programs that record everything you do on there." Now, I don't know if she was being serious or not, but there are certain things I'd rather not have them know about me (notice how I've changed my custom text).

What do you think about these obvious invasions of privacy? How would you react? Do you think it is okay for parents to do this to their children?

And...How would I know if my parents use a certain program to record all the crap that goes down on my computer? I went through my programs list and removed a couple that I don't know what they do, but I imagine it'd probably hide itself somehow and that it isn't that simple.

There is a fine line between good parenting and being really fucking controlling that my parents crossed a long time ago.

Edit: You wouldn't do this to you're kids would you, Kegmama or Gmku?
Alex's Trip is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.19.2006, 10:17 PM   #2
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Location: if there is a bright spot in the universe, the farthest point from it
Sonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's asses
Rule #1
Always Always Always Make sure you sign out

Rule #2
Different passwords for everything
Old 12.19.2006, 10:21 PM   #3
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
Right now, I have a solution. I created an account password, and since this is the only account on the computer they won't be able to access it. Once they find out that I have a password (if they are actually spying on me), they'll either confront me, and I'll know that they were spying on me, or they'll do nothing which is what I want.
Old 12.19.2006, 10:22 PM   #4
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Location: if there is a bright spot in the universe, the farthest point from it
Sonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's asses
Good idea.
Old 12.19.2006, 10:23 PM   #5
Better_Than_You
the destroyed room

Better_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's asses
[quote=Alex's Trip]
What do you think about these obvious invasions of privacy? How would you react? Do you think it is okay for parents to do this to their children?

[quote]

First questions answer:

I flip out when my parents go into my room to hang up clothes, I would be fucking pissed out of my mind.

Second questions answer:

I would probably leave ridiculous things for them to find, or write messages for them on myspace like 'Mom, you're being dumb. Trust me, I've been a good kid for the last 6 months, lay off.'

Third questions answer:

It honestly depends. Have you been naughty or nice lately?

Better_Than_You is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.19.2006, 10:24 PM   #6
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
I know exactly what you mean. My parents recently looked through my "my pictures" folder and found party pictures hosted at my place that they had not known about. They look through my room often enough as well.

I would reccomend that you sign out of SY gossip too, in case they by some slim chance find the "so yeah..." thread. Or do they know? Parents can be terrible, terrible people when it comes to curiousity. They usually want to know everything that's going on in your life especially since you're an adolescent, where a lot of problems can arise. It's really up to them to decide whether it's morally right to do that or not. Parent's can really be annoying sometimes, I know.

I'm going towrite a more elaborate response in regards to this tomorrow when I have more INTERNET TIME because my parents shut the modem off.
Old 12.19.2006, 10:24 PM   #7
ALIEN ANAL
invito al cielo

ALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's asses
i think it depends on the kids age, but 15 maybe just old enough to not have to have your parents watch you on the internet.
Old 12.19.2006, 10:24 PM   #8
Better_Than_You
the destroyed room

Better_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex's Trip
Right now, I have a solution. I created an account password, and since this is the only account on the computer they won't be able to access it. Once they find out that I have a password (if they are actually spying on me), they'll either confront me, and I'll know that they were spying on me, or they'll do nothing which is what I want.

You are much more clever than me.

Old 12.19.2006, 10:26 PM   #9
ALIEN ANAL
invito al cielo

ALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's asses
Hah yeh im exactly the same, i wont allow my folks to enter my room.
[quote=Better_Than_You]
Quote:

First questions answer:

I flip out when my parents go into my room to hang up clothes, I would be fucking pissed out of my mind.

Old 12.19.2006, 10:26 PM   #10
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
[quote=Better_Than_You][quote=Alex's Trip]

Quote:

I would probably leave ridiculous things for them to find, or write messages for them on myspace like 'Mom, you're being dumb. Trust me, I've been a good kid for the last 6 months, lay off.'

This is one that I decied to take up. Since they browse through my pictures files, I decided to photoshop a picture of my stepdad smoking a joint in the family room. I live in a VERY conservative household, so she'd be shocked.
Old 12.19.2006, 10:26 PM   #11
Norma J
invito al cielo

Norma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's asses
A big fuck you to Alex's Trips mom.
Old 12.19.2006, 10:28 PM   #12
Better_Than_You
the destroyed room

[quote=Inhuman][quote=Better_Than_You]
Quote:

This is one that I decied to take up. Since they browse through my pictures files, I decided to photoshop a picture of my stepdad smoking a joint in the family room. I live in a VERY conservative household, so she'd be shocked.

HAHAHA! Thats pretty darn funny. I'm repping you. Please, post it.

Old 12.19.2006, 10:29 PM   #13
Better_Than_You
the destroyed room

wtf?

It won't let me. I guess I rep you too much.

Old 12.19.2006, 10:33 PM   #14
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norma J
A big fuck you to Alex's Trips mom.
Haha. Part of me really wants her to read that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inhuman
I would reccomend that you sign out of SY gossip too, in case they by some slim chance find the "so yeah..." thread. Or do they know?
They don't know, and that is really the only thing that worries me. I wouldn't be as angry if I didn't have anything to hide. Part of me thinks they might now, but just won't tell me.
Old 12.19.2006, 10:42 PM   #15
Norma J
invito al cielo

Norma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's asses
I was lucky and gifted with parents who are cool.
Old 12.19.2006, 10:43 PM   #16
Better_Than_You
the destroyed room

Quote:

I 50% second that.

Old 12.19.2006, 10:44 PM   #17
ALIEN ANAL
invito al cielo

yeh my folks are pretty rad too, they rarely nag, and dont tell us to do much.
But my mom is way overprotective and mommys us to much its frustrating.
Old 12.19.2006, 10:46 PM   #18
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Quote:

I nearly had that! But now with my stepdad everything's terrible. My brother and I get in shit for offering him lunch.
Old 12.19.2006, 10:47 PM   #19
Norma J
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALIEN ANAL
yeh my folks are pretty rad too, they rarely nag, and dont tell us to do much.
But my mom is way overprotective and mommys us to much its frustrating.

It must be an Australian thing.
Old 12.19.2006, 10:48 PM   #20
Norma J
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inhuman
I nearly had that! But now with my stepdad everything's terrible. My brother and I get in shit for offering him lunch.

Mind games, my man. Mind games.

Or just dont offer him lunch. Ha.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth