Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Michael Phelps Blah Blah Woof Woof..
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.14.2008, 01:24 PM   #1
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
aren't there thousands of other athletes competing in the games? Why does my TV always have to tell me how many minutes until Michael Phelps comes in and swims so fast it is a no brainer, there is no surprise or suspense, aside from swimming being a lame even at that!

thumbs down for the hype...

dude looks like:

everytime i see Phelps on the TV, I see this scene and hear this lame techno tune in the in my mind..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.14.2008, 01:26 PM   #2
al shabbray

sport sucks
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.14.2008, 01:27 PM   #3
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
i'll tell you what.
if my country had a dude who would score five gold medals in one olympic games, we would fucking build him a statue and organise regular 6.00-6.15 am prayers to his pictures at our own private altars.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.14.2008, 01:35 PM   #4
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
he desevres the praise

however, the extremely "hero" oriented coverage on NBC in USA is what sucks so hard. they spend most of their time showig back stories to try to build up a specific person as the "olympic hero" instead of letting the competition determine it, and, when it backfires they are screwed, as happened wityh the ladies USA gymnasts.

phelps is not to blame for how the news covers him

NBC is the single worst american network covering the olympics. back in 1992 they did a HELLISH horrible job, so much fluff, so much soap opera forced drama

I wish that ABC or CBS were covering this olympics.

the entire angle of NBC's coverage is to base it like a Reality TV show. it sucks ass.instead of showing as many competitors and events as possible they just have cameras followig people who are sitting or warming up or standing or just bored shitless, because they are the designated "Olympic heroes"

the whole american coverage is very politicized. they try to suck china's asshole and ignore rumania, russia, or any other "unfriendly" country.
Old 08.14.2008, 01:37 PM   #5
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
Rumania? What the fuck is Rumania? If you mean Romania, do you really think it's considered an "unfriendly" country in the US?

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
Old 08.14.2008, 01:38 PM   #6
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by _slavo_
i'll tell you what.
if my country had a dude who would score five gold medals in one olympic games, we would fucking build him a statue and organise regular 6.00-6.15 am prayers to his pictures at our own private altars.

medals are bullshit if you just keep winning em with what appears to be no challenge. I get that he works hard blah blah swimming hours a day blah blah, but so do ALL the other fucking swimmers, and yet we only talk about Phelps? The American fascination with celebrity and iconism is terrifying!

I know it is not Phelps personally, my whole gripe is with the media coverage to begin with!

Old 08.14.2008, 01:41 PM   #7
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Rumania? What the fuck is Rumania? If you mean Romania, do you really think it's considered an "unfriendly" country in the US?

by our government, yes

by the multinational corporations that run our "news" networks, yes

not by people
Old 08.14.2008, 01:42 PM   #8
_slavo_
invito al cielo

Well, obviously, he keeps being talked about because he's currently the best one around. And he's on his trial to becoming an absolute winner in terms of acquiring the most medals ever on Olympic games.
NBC might overhype the whole thing, but in my eyes, Phelps has all the respect.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
Old 08.14.2008, 01:44 PM   #9
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
by our government, yes

not by people

speaking of which, have y'all noticed the Georgians provoke to Russians to draw them out into a fire fight in order to cast blame upon Russia who was previously mediating negotians between South Ossetia and Georgia, and the Georgians launched a surprise attack on the morning they were supposed to sign a cease-fire agreement...

now the Russians look like bad dudes, and the Georgians are trying to act like pussies and say they were the ones attacked and play the innocent we didnt do it role to the West, while the EU has taken over the powerstructure of the negotiations?

so the end result is this:

Russia taken out of the power balance in Georgia and the Caspian region and replaced by the EU in favor of the US who have a significant military investment in Georgia training and supplying equipment/arms, so that 2000 Georgians are fighting in Iraq?

Old 08.14.2008, 01:45 PM   #10
_slavo_
invito al cielo

Quote:
by our government, yes

not by people

You must be joking.
Some facts:

Romania acceded to the European Union on January 1, 2007 along with Bulgaria, bringing the number of EU states to 27. Romania is a strong advocate for a "larger Europe," encouraging other countries that were formerly part of the Soviet sphere to integrate into both NATO and the EU.

Romania officially became a member of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization on March 29, 2004

Romania was the first country to enroll in the NATO Partnership for Peace program.

Romania hosted President Bush's final NATO Summit April 2-4, 2008. The venue symbolized the expansion of the Alliance from the Baltic to the Black Sea, and set new goals for years to come.

If you said "Belarus" or "Iran", I would keep silent. But Romania is a bit off, isn't it?

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
Old 08.14.2008, 01:46 PM   #11
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

russia, and putin, have been very upset at georgia and the ukraine for attempting to join NATO and form alliances with the west.

Putin can go suck a dead horse's dick for all I care. that fucking asshole SCARES me and shoudl scare anyone who has to deal with hjis twisted KGB enforcer ass.
Old 08.14.2008, 01:47 PM   #12
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Quote:
You must be joking.
Some facts:

Romania acceded to the European Union on January 1, 2007 along with Bulgaria, bringing the number of EU states to 27. Romania is a strong advocate for a "larger Europe," encouraging other countries that were formerly part of the Soviet sphere to integrate into both NATO and the EU.

Romania officially became a member of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization on March 29, 2004

Romania was the first country to enroll in the NATO Partnership for Peace program.

Romania hosted President Bush's final NATO Summit April 2-4, 2008. The venue symbolized the expansion of the Alliance from the Baltic to the Black Sea, and set new goals for years to come.

If you said "Belarus" or "Iran", I would keep silent. But Romania is a bit off, isn't it?

I am just telling you how the USA network, NBC, is covering this man.
Old 08.14.2008, 01:50 PM   #13
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
russia, and putin, have been very upset at georgia and the ukraine for attempting to join NATO and form alliances with the west.

Putin can go suck a dead horse's dick for all I care. that fucking asshole SCARES me and shoudl scare anyone who has to deal with hjis twisted KGB enforcer ass.

yes, but clearly the Georgians were trying and succeeded in drawing the Russians out into a fire fight.

Old 08.14.2008, 01:50 PM   #14
al shabbray

nice thread, from sport to politics in less than 10 replies
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.14.2008, 01:55 PM   #15
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by al shabbray
nice thread, from sport to politics in less than 10 replies

well it is the olympics isn't it?

Old 08.14.2008, 01:56 PM   #16
al shabbray

oh yes I forgot
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.14.2008, 02:12 PM   #17
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
medals are bullshit if you just keep winning em with what appears to be no challenge.

so being a saint is easy coz everybody else is a sinner?
no contest here too ahah a.
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.14.2008, 02:19 PM   #18
_slavo_
invito al cielo

Quote:
I am just telling you how the USA network, NBC, is covering this man.

you're obviously mixing up Romania with some post-Soviet Union country. Romania is US's ally. Don't forget, Romanian troops serve alongside U.S. troops in both Iraq and Afghanistan.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
Old 08.14.2008, 02:25 PM   #19
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses

!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.14.2008, 02:28 PM   #20
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
I love that part of Windowlicker.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth