Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Ive got $13.....
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.04.2006, 03:42 PM   #41
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaydenAsche
I have:
Here Comes The Indian
Who Could Win A Rabbit 7"
Grass 7"
Leaf House 7"
Prospect Hummer EP
Feels
Sung Tongs
Campfire Songs.
Lucky bastard...

I only have Prospect Hummer, Feels and Sung Tongs.
Old 07.04.2006, 11:01 PM   #42
m^a(t)h
expwy. to yr skull

m^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard sucka
actually now im starting to hate animal collective, i love that hollindaigan lp but everything else is so inferior and uninteresting, i think im just going to listen to that LP and no others by them so my mental image of the band is not tarnished. And of course Ill buy the reissue of the LP...
m^a(t)h is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.04.2006, 11:56 PM   #43
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by m^a(t)h
actually now im starting to hate animal collective, i love that hollindaigan lp but everything else is so inferior and uninteresting, i think im just going to listen to that LP and no others by them so my mental image of the band is not tarnished. And of course Ill buy the reissue of the LP...

You sound like an idiot here again. How can you say the other albums are "inferior"? Honestly, no two Animal Collective albums are even within the same league as one another. AC changes as the world changes.
Old 07.05.2006, 12:21 AM   #44
m^a(t)h
expwy. to yr skull

m^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaydenAsche
You sound like an idiot here again. How can you say the other albums are "inferior"? Honestly, no two Animal Collective albums are even within the same league as one another. AC changes as the world changes.

i dont know if you could follow me on this but:
i have had a strange thing with music and the arts in general, i have realized that when i had first heard that LP i fell instantly in love with it, but by buying more albums i would only tarnish the mental imagery i had of how great they are. Do you really feel completely sastified owning all of those records or do you wish for more? I have realized that I can enjoy when i am limited to one thing, one record. i enjoy having an image in my mind of the band playing on that album, its not how they actually look or play, but that doesnt matter to me because its all about how I interpret the listen, its using ignorance for self-pleasure.

I do this with other bands to such as my bloody valentine and jesus and the mary chain, if i find that i love the record and am creating my own beautiful interpretation of it, i will only listen to that so as not to spoil that ecstasy...

so i will not be buying any animal collective albums anytime soon, but i still love their music...
m^a(t)h is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.05.2006, 01:11 AM   #45
drrrtyboots
invito al cielo

drrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by m^a(t)h
i dont know if you could follow me on this but:
i have had a strange thing with music and the arts in general, i have realized that when i had first heard that LP i fell instantly in love with it, but by buying more albums i would only tarnish the mental imagery i had of how great they are. Do you really feel completely sastified owning all of those records or do you wish for more? I have realized that I can enjoy when i am limited to one thing, one record. i enjoy having an image in my mind of the band playing on that album, its not how they actually look or play, but that doesnt matter to me because its all about how I interpret the listen, its using ignorance for self-pleasure.

I do this with other bands to such as my bloody valentine and jesus and the mary chain, if i find that i love the record and am creating my own beautiful interpretation of it, i will only listen to that so as not to spoil that ecstasy...

so i will not be buying any animal collective albums anytime soon, but i still love their music...
No, you love their first LP. If you open up to more albums from a band, not just one "magical" release, you'll probably get a lot more pleasure out of listening to them. You don't have to love all of their music of course, but a band like Animal Collective that's fairly young is still deffinitely at the point where they're progressing with their sound a lot, especially a band that does so many interesting things with their music.

drrrtyboots is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.05.2006, 09:15 AM   #46
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
has anyone but me heard Parts & Labor? Am I in an indie rock vaccuuum?
what can be happening?

here is their website, where you can check out some MP3's
http://www.partsandlabor.net/

here is their myspace page where you can listen to songs off their latest album STAY AFRAID.
http://www.myspace.com/partsandlabor

fuck I love this band and that album. someone tell me what ya think.
Old 07.05.2006, 05:26 PM   #47
drrrtyboots
invito al cielo

drrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's asses
Haha Instigator i've been leaving messages about them in response to yours all over the place. I've been lisetning to them for awhile now, but have you check out their first full length, Groundswell, or their split with Tyondai Braxton? Those two are fucking ace as well.

drrrtyboots is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth