Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page places to meet nice people?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.17.2014, 07:12 PM   #21
foreverasskiss
Banned

foreverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's asses
fuck church. i've done that. dead end. you'll only encounter nice people who are paranoid in a nice way. stay away from those dickheads. they're the worst and will make you much more misearble. you'll put too much emphasis on their suppose niceness.

maybe all the cool nice people are hiding unlike you. i think that's the case and are fearful of the assholes like you.
foreverasskiss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.17.2014, 07:23 PM   #22
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by keep poppin pimples
, i think being an immigrant definitely makes things somewhat harder socially

I didn't know this. Well, yeah. I can imagine. Especially depending on where you live, how conservative it is, how the average citizen defines insider and outsider, that sort of thing.

(By the way, everytime I hear a foreign accent in my whitebread area, I get excited. I want to know about another culture, "what it's like over there," stuff like that. And if I happen to know a phrase or two in that language, watch out. But the vast majority of the times this has happened, the other person doesn't give a fuck about my interest. I guess they want to be a part of here, not there.)
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.17.2014, 07:34 PM   #23
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
not at all, i was raised in a worse area, most bulgarian people are really negative and paranoid and that might be part of my problem, i think being an immigrant definitely makes things somewhat harder socially

ah yeah, i see. being an immigrant definitely has its stresses. i'm one too. takes some time to adjust.

if your upbringing makes you paranoid and negative you might be tuning to the frequency of the paranoid and negative in your new place. what in bulgaria was "normal" here is more "criminal." makes sense?

it takes time to get absorbed into a culture. the humanities are a good way to "get" a culture-- art, music, literature, history... but i'd also try some kind of therapy. not sure if it's available to you, but that might be a way to tweak your attitudes/behaviors to something more fitting to your new social environment, if that makes sense.

and maybe do some theatre.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.17.2014, 07:38 PM   #24
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
yeah this is the obvious answer but i'm not religious so i'd really need to push myself to go regularly haha

This suggestion wasn't necessarily directed at church, tho it does sound like a church visit would be outside the norm.......what about a farmers market? We have one here the first two Saturdays of each month. It started small and has grown and grown. It opens at 6AM and people are all over the place, young and old, kool and not so kool......buying fresh produce and learning how to grow their own.

Just like church, it's not about becoming a person with a garden or who eats healthier, it's about putting yourself in an awkward position and seeing what results
Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.17.2014, 07:48 PM   #25
keep poppin pimples
expwy. to yr skull

keep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
ah yeah, i see. being an immigrant definitely has its stresses. i'm one too. takes some time to adjust.

if your upbringing makes you paranoid and negative you might be tuning to the frequency of the paranoid and negative in your new place. what in bulgaria was "normal" here is more "criminal." makes sense?

it takes time to get absorbed into a culture. the humanities are a good way to "get" a culture-- art, music, literature, history... but i'd also try some kind of therapy. not sure if it's available to you, but that might be a way to tweak your attitudes/behaviors to something more fitting to your new social environment, if that makes sense.

and maybe do some theatre.

oh yeah, normal elsewhere is fucked up in canada, i've been living here since i was pretty young but was brought up very differently than most, i think being from two places is a big part of who i am good and bad. i get on well with foreigners most of the time, jamaica has no connection to my background but jamaicans always understand things i say that freak canadian people out, i think maybe there's something about having a different frame of reference that has a bigger effect than being from any specific cultures.

i've been in therapy before for ocd, i do think having that disorder is a barrier to forming good relationships but shouldn't it scare off assholes too lol?
keep poppin pimples is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.17.2014, 09:44 PM   #26
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
oh yeah, normal elsewhere is fucked up in canada, i've been living here since i was pretty young but was brought up very differently than most, i think being from two places is a big part of who i am good and bad. i get on well with foreigners most of the time, jamaica has no connection to my background but jamaicans always understand things i say that freak canadian people out, i think maybe there's something about having a different frame of reference that has a bigger effect than being from any specific cultures.

i've been in therapy before for ocd, i do think having that disorder is a barrier to forming good relationships but shouldn't it scare off assholes too lol?

riiiight. i get it now.

i have a similar situation in that most of the people i get along with here-- i mean get along well enough to form friendships-- are foreigners. with gringos it's harder-- not impossible, but there is more of a cultural chasm to bridge. it's not so much about cultural referents ("where were you on 9/11"), but implicit values and behaviors. this makes me a "minority" of a kind. i was born in latin america, but US hispanics are farther away from me culturally than a european, for example-- usa hispanics are more americanized. but not just any european-- things will run more smoothly for me with "continentals" than with british people, for example.

now with gringos proper i've generally gotten along better with catholics and jews than with protestants. why? no fucking idea. it just happens. it's not like i ask for people's backgrounds, but the connection happens. maybe it's having shared values/attitudes/perspectives/traditions (e.g., forgiving "sins", or a love of argument, or a history of guilt). maybe it's that they are also minorities/outsiders of sorts here vs the wasp ethos. this is a statistical thing, not an absolute that applies to every individual, you understand-- just general trends that i don't seek but somehow find me.

now, i'm still a fucking weirdo in my own home country, and therefore a triple weirdo here, which makes me highly lynchable, so to build a friendly network of fellow eccentrics is quite a big fucking task, and often full of disappointments and frustrations, like the myth of sisyphus, but still worth pursuing, one annoying test person at a time, ha ha ha.

with some effort and patience, you'll find your own tribe, but it never hurts to get a bit of help. i had a really good shrink for years, and what i learned from the fucker was priceless-- it helped, of course, that he was a weirdo himself, and had spent some years in latin america, and while he was very much an american he had jewish/european/new york roots, and loved books too, so we could understand each other, and argue like crazy and have fun doing that, until i finally got better.
Old 04.19.2014, 03:07 PM   #27
Cunt
bad moon rising

Cunt kicks all y'all's assesCunt kicks all y'all's assesCunt kicks all y'all's assesCunt kicks all y'all's assesCunt kicks all y'all's assesCunt kicks all y'all's assesCunt kicks all y'all's assesCunt kicks all y'all's assesCunt kicks all y'all's assesCunt kicks all y'all's assesCunt kicks all y'all's asses
Tea places*.

*the kind that don't have wifi
Cunt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.19.2014, 03:13 PM   #28
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.22.2014, 09:56 AM   #29
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
What aboot hobbies? Maybe you want to learn something and there's a community for it?
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.24.2014, 05:33 PM   #30
loop cat
little trouble girl

loop cat kicks all y'all's assesloop cat kicks all y'all's assesloop cat kicks all y'all's assesloop cat kicks all y'all's assesloop cat kicks all y'all's assesloop cat kicks all y'all's assesloop cat kicks all y'all's assesloop cat kicks all y'all's assesloop cat kicks all y'all's assesloop cat kicks all y'all's assesloop cat kicks all y'all's asses

loop cat is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.24.2014, 07:48 PM   #31
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses

Look, I've spawned a bandwidth clogging image-only posting clone

Old 04.24.2014, 08:44 PM   #32
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
i think being an immigrant definitely makes things somewhat harder socially

maybe you should take up an American accent. works for me.

then again, although I meet new and interesting people, and the folks at work treat me well, I seriously have no time for any friends beyond that of my son and my wife.

I leave the house at 5:45am and I'm not back until 7:45pm, so the thought of anything more than dinner, making tomorrows lunch, a few Star Trek episodes and some sleep is beyond me.

there's been plenty of cool people on the trains, and few downtown, but I reckon until I move out of the god-cursed bush, I'm fucked for "friends".

synopsis: change the accent.

by-the-by: would you be interested in me ripping an old cassette tape I found? it's dancehall reggae from a public access radio station in Dallas, from 1993. I plan to put it to digital, for my own listening loving, but thought you might find it interesting as well....bred'rin.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.24.2014, 09:43 PM   #33
keep poppin pimples
expwy. to yr skull

keep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asses
what is it like singers from dallas or something? that sounds pretty hot
keep poppin pimples is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.24.2014, 09:49 PM   #34
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
i thought about this thread some more and i now think the best answer is death
dead_battery is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.24.2014, 10:16 PM   #35
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
^^^ yeah, all the cool people are already in Valhalla.

the tape is from a public radio broadcast of circa '93 dancehall artists from Jamdown. I just happened to live in Dallass at the time that I recorded it.

truthfully, I have almost just as large of a (dancehall) reggae collection, and could likely make a superior mix, but them again, so might you. I've just been listening to old tapes lately, and remembered how much I lived for this weekly broadcast (to the point of recording it).

of course, all of this involves time that I won't likely have for another month, but once I have a chance to upload it, I'll toss you a link.

maybe once all of that is said and done, I might also be able to take the time to make a mix of my own, from my own collection, and send you a link to that too, if you like. nobody else really likes dancehall, like I do, and maybe you too, friend.

syg is a place to meet nice people.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.24.2014, 10:25 PM   #36
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead_battery
i thought about this thread some more and i now think the best answer is death

You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

Old 04.26.2014, 07:11 AM   #37
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Keeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's asses
The library's a nice place to meet nice people.
Keeping It Simple is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.26.2014, 08:30 AM   #38
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeping It Simple
The library's a nice place to meet nice people.

people who talk to themselves and smell like weewee.
Old 04.26.2014, 10:34 PM   #39
foreverasskiss
Banned

foreverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
people who talk to themselves and smell like weewee.

people in libraries smell worse than that!!! i had a librarian to ask me if i wanted to go to new york city with him and his buttboy that smelt like straight up ass. dude, was a child molester.

humans in libraries know if you come there to socialize which makes it even more awkward. freakest most boring figurines ever. church is a whole lot easy going. at least you might get some horny eye from some hottie.
foreverasskiss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.26.2014, 10:47 PM   #40
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
the christscum in this town believe witches are real and satan is literally in their head telling them bad thoughts.

one time this asshole with his wife started preaching to me on the street. my effeminate voice moved him to tell me that he'd exorcized people and the demons came out of them in a voice belonging to the opposite gender of the body of the person they lived in. i told him "if you're god was real i'd kill him." he swung a punch at me but stopped and froze it just before making contact. i couldnt stop laughing.

these christofacist bumpkins would have me hung if they got their way so fuck them all.

FUCK EM

burn their churches and all the obese acoustic guitar players will roast alive while they're screaming "PRAISE BE!" the fucking scunges
dead_battery is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth