Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Favourite U2 songs.
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.15.2007, 04:59 PM   #21
Torn Curtain
invito al cielo

Torn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel
whats that song that goes ' hanging on - you always seem to doo doo doo' eh? i made up the do doo of course. is it called 'red mining town'?

You were near that's "Red hill mining town".
Torn Curtain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2007, 05:04 PM   #22
sarramkrop

U2 have some coating to explain, and the coating gets irritating. Still, they wrote (I dunno about their current output) some good songs.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2007, 05:07 PM   #23
Hip Priest
invito al cielo

Hip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's asses
I like a few things from Unforgetttable Fire and Joshua Tree.

The songs A Sort of Homecoming, Unforgettable Fire, Bad and Bullet the Blue Sky stick in the mind.

Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/outsidethecamp/
Hip Priest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2007, 08:50 PM   #24
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
my favourite U2 song is the one where they ripped of sonic youth.

no, i dunno... they have some good songs. maybe that live version of bad.
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2007, 10:45 PM   #25
flophousefloozie
expwy. to yr skull

flophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokkeherrie
my favourite U2 song is the one where they ripped of sonic youth.

no, i dunno... they have some good songs. maybe that live version of bad.

You're talking about the "dirty boots" ripoff, I believe? What was the name, though.... I think it's fairly new?
flophousefloozie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2007, 10:54 PM   #26
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
i have to admit i kind of found them tolerable during the pop era, i actually applauded them from stepping away from their usual crap and for saving enough money to buy the retch a phase pedal and a wah and hiding his digital delay. discoteque was hilarious, mofo had some good production and staring at the sun is their best song ever. most of it's still crap though.

of course, they got afraid because they sold 4 trillion tickets of their tour and the album went quintuple platinum instead of sextuple, so they decided to give the retch his pedal and write sunday crappy sunday over and over again.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.16.2007, 02:26 AM   #27
CHOUT
invito al cielo

CHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's asses
We got a gig last St Patricks day doing U2 songs...not much of a fan, but Wire is probably my favorite
here is a video of us covering it:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=HYKANxdHHiE

CHOUT is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth