Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Lightning Bolt Live Footage Full Set!!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.19.2006, 10:14 AM   #1
Sn@ke
bad moon rising

Sn@ke kicks all y'all's assesSn@ke kicks all y'all's assesSn@ke kicks all y'all's assesSn@ke kicks all y'all's assesSn@ke kicks all y'all's assesSn@ke kicks all y'all's assesSn@ke kicks all y'all's assesSn@ke kicks all y'all's assesSn@ke kicks all y'all's assesSn@ke kicks all y'all's assesSn@ke kicks all y'all's asses
http://deadcowboy.proboards100.com/index.cgi?board=bootlegs&action=display&thread=114 4629391

I've already downloaded it, it's awesome...

Quote:
alright...

so this is super raw, 1 camera, 1 angle footage(im pretty sure its the "chippendale cam" from that night)from the hook in brooklyn last year near the end of an east coast tour we went on with them. after 20 days of being on tour they had really nailed the new songs down for hypermagic mountain and this is a pretty good example in my opinion.

we have a few cameras there during this show but i dont think anybody is going to be using this footage for anything so we figured why the hell not just give it to people? we have alot of footage. plus ive already seeded the audio to this show not to mention there is NO(that i know of)high quality full sets of the bolt out there for FREE and there needs to be so...please....burn the shit out of this for everyone you know.

honestly this is NOT the most intense show ive ever seen for them crowd wise by any means but it is a very well played and you definitely get the idea of what its like...well....what its like at a really uncharacteristically mellow NYC show anyway.

my audio has not been synched up with this video but i have included it cuz its a little more stable then the camera audio for obvious reasons to do with camera mic's moving. its also at a higher bit rate then whats on the video so its a little fuller or something. all in all the cam mics arent even that bad.

we recorded this show with 2 cannon XL1's, 1 GL2 and some other little bullshit handy cam i think. this footage is from 1 of the XL1's. since they used a red light alot of times on this tour they come out a bit fuzzy. compressing the video made it fuzzier. i kinda dig it, it looks more psychedelic but i warn you its pretty red. the master is much much clearer so who knows...i probably should have put it in black and white for y'all...oh well. next time..

at 111 minutes you get the full experience. from when they are getting ready all the way to the encore its all here. maybe even a little annoyingly unedited for some but whatever...

audio/video by Brown Rainbow
video by mike guadagni
audio by chris mason
unused(for this)but still awesome video footage by mark favata
friend, crowd blocker, tour gopher, source of constant amusement jeff pageau

together we form voltron.

Sn@ke

Sn@ke is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth