Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page history was just made at bonnaroo
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.18.2006, 10:08 PM   #21
mushmanski57@hotmail.com
stalker

mushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's asses
Dammit, I've got Depeche Mode playing on Ethel right now.

What's the setlist been so far?
mushmanski57@hotmail.com is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.18.2006, 10:13 PM   #22
Dan
bad moon rising

Dan has tongues queuing up for a rim-festDan has tongues queuing up for a rim-festDan has tongues queuing up for a rim-fest
Incinerate
Reena
Sleeping Around
Pattern Recognition
Do You Believe in Rapture?
Jams Run Free
100%
Turquoise Boy
Rats

Expressway to Yr Skull still to come....
Dan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.18.2006, 10:18 PM   #23
mushmanski57@hotmail.com
stalker

mushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's asses
How was Pattern Recog.? Any other highlights?
Old 06.18.2006, 10:20 PM   #24
Dan
bad moon rising

Dan has tongues queuing up for a rim-festDan has tongues queuing up for a rim-festDan has tongues queuing up for a rim-fest
It was sweet. Nothing too special yet. Although it sounds like both Lee and Thurston were playing guitar on Rats, instead of Mark and Thurston trading.
Old 06.18.2006, 10:34 PM   #25
mushmanski57@hotmail.com
stalker

Anything unexpected yet?
Old 06.18.2006, 10:35 PM   #26
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
I'm playing Ethel right now, but it's a song by Razorlight or something. Have I missed it? I have the 3-day trial.
Old 06.18.2006, 10:44 PM   #27
Dan
bad moon rising

Either this dude is lying to us or I'm driving down to DC tomorrow and attaching some C4 to the XM headquarters. They did Lights Out as the encore and then read off the closing credits.

I'm pretty sure Expresway really happened though. Otherwise it would be 11 Rather Ripped songs plus 100% and Pattern Recognition. That wasn't a full hour and a half either, and they were going to broadcast until midnight. Someone's gonna die.
Old 06.18.2006, 10:46 PM   #28
kingcoffee
expwy. to yr skull

kingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaydenAsche
No. They all sucked. Burma's might be decent but the others weren't. It doesn't help that the Pixies and Dino weren't that great to begin with.

Holy shit! How can you say the Pixies and Dinosaur Jr sucked? Blasphemy!!! They do not suck. They never have sucked, don't suck and never will suck. They are truly talented bands. I can't believe my eyes!!!!

Pixies and Dinosaur Jr are two of the greatest bands of the past 50 years and there's just no other way to it. You're simply mistaken, my friend. I pray for your rock and roll soul.

P.S. Mission of Burma's reunion was more than "decent". It was fantastic. I saw them perform the first gig after 2 decades when they played the Fleet Boston Pavilion while filling in on the Sonic Youth/Wilco tour a few years ago. And I have to say they were in top form. And after they officially reunited and realeased OnOffOn, it just proved to me and the rest of the music-savvy world that a band that hadn't played together in 20 some odd years can still kick the shit out of most of the other bands half their age. MoB's reunion has been magnificent. An all-out bliss-fest. Truly one of the greatest bands in the past 30 years. They just haven't found their right audience.

"Yes. Pick up your puppy."
kingcoffee is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.18.2006, 11:01 PM   #29
Dan
bad moon rising

I'm pretty sure this dude's not lying. He mentioned shooting for Newsday before. I sent an e-mail to XM. I'm getting that recording. Maybe somebody at the show taped it though-- we'll see. God, those motherfuckers did me dirty. They had 24 minutes of airtime left but instead they played The Killers.
Old 06.19.2006, 09:15 AM   #30
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
thanks for info!

Quote:
I'm pretty sure this dude's not lying. He mentioned shooting for Newsday before. I sent an e-mail to XM. I'm getting that recording. Maybe somebody at the show taped it though-- we'll see. God, those motherfuckers did me dirty. They had 24 minutes of airtime left but instead they played The Killers.

dan yr. last message bit confused me. did you record it or not?
greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.19.2006, 09:54 AM   #31
Dan
bad moon rising

I recorded the entire set, but Expressway wasn't part of it. So I'm pretty sure it was the second song in the encore but XM didn't broadcast it for whatever reason. I'm still waiting for a reply from them.
Old 06.19.2006, 12:11 PM   #32
badgercorn
bad moon rising

badgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's asses
The Fall never split up in the first place..
The Pixies reunion was good, but running out of steam without the addition of any new songs (despite countless new Frank Black albums)
badgercorn is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.19.2006, 12:17 PM   #33
hey alex
the end of the ugly

hey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgercorn
The Fall never split up in the first place..
The Pixies reunion was good, but running out of steam without the addition of any new songs (despite countless new Frank Black albums)

Ok, just remember she-bam o walla or whatever that song was. You know on the shrek soundtrack. 'nuff said.
Duran Duran's 1995 covers album Thank You was recently voted the worst album of all time by a Q magazine poll. Although we respectfully disagree (Sonic Youth's NYC Ghosts & Flowers is clearly the worst album of all time) -Pitchfork (hahahah!)

Here's a myspace of my music and 4-track ramblings
the electric kites--the jamz of me n my friends
hey alex is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.19.2006, 12:35 PM   #34
wishful thinking
empty page

wishful thinking has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaydenAsche
No. They all sucked. Burma's might be decent but the others weren't. It doesn't help that the Pixies and Dino weren't that great to begin with.

Is instigating your reason for being?
wishful thinking is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.19.2006, 01:06 PM   #35
habanero
empty page

habanero has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by finding nobody
exept for the nirvana one

Yea, I'm all for a Nirvana Reunion. And Courtney should sub for the injured Kurt.

Think that would piss off a few dumbasses?
habanero is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.19.2006, 01:37 PM   #36
dietzer123
stalker

dietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard sucka
i was there and that was fucking amazing. they ripped that stage up
Old 06.19.2006, 03:34 PM   #37
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses

scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.19.2006, 03:36 PM   #38
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishful thinking
Is instigating your reason for being?

I think we all can answer that one, without knowing how he'll respond.

scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.19.2006, 03:41 PM   #39
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
cool
greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.19.2006, 03:44 PM   #40
Pax Americana
expwy. to yr skull

Pax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's asses
That's fucking killer! I've got to see SY this summer.
Pax Americana is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth