Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Magik Markers - "Boss"
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.29.2007, 08:36 PM   #101
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I am too tired to try to outwit you.

But.. You know what...

I'm not going to reply to this thread anymore... unless people call me out over something.. so, if everyone else is quiet about my shit, then I will be too. I realized something very self-defeating: I am simply PROMOTING the Markers every time I bitch about them. Even though I know they are one of the worst bands ever and I'd rather listen to Yanni than them, I have proven my point many times and beaten it to the ground and I'm done. Nothing I can do or say can convince anyone that they suck, when people actually listen to them they'll know. I will say this one final time because I think it's VERY telling: Look at the internet, especially noise boards, talk to noise musicians, etc., and you will see a HUGE hatred of the Markers, you will see that many many artists -- good and bad -- really hate this band; this band has inspired more hatred than any band of recent times (maybe only eclipsed by Mars Volta). There's a good reason for that. However, regardless, almost EVERYONE on here won't say ANYTHING about the Markers, good or bad.. you'll hear an occassional "yeah, not my thing" or "Yeah, they're okay." or whatever, but most people remain completely quiet when the subject comes up. I just think that's fucking hilarious. I wish everyone could be honest on here and let everyone know their feelings about things and not have to pretend they like shit so others (specifically people who use the word "yr") think they're cool. Folks: It's OKAY to DISLIKE something Thurston endorses. I'm not speaking against everyone here, but MANY of you.

But yeah.. for now. I'm done. So, don't be calling me back to this thread with your "fuck you atsonics" or other shit and I'll simply leave this thread for what it's meant to be: Moshe posting literary dipshits pretending the Markers are important because they'll know Ecstatic Peace won't send them any more promos if they don't suck BOSS's ugly dick.

Yay!

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.29.2007, 09:00 PM   #102
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Damn, I was going to quote all the long-winded atsonicpark rants as a retrospective best of compliation but I got this error:

"The text that you have entered is too long (27742 characters). Please shorten it to 10000 characters long."
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.29.2007, 10:00 PM   #103
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses

On the hilarious side, some of the people who even bitch at me on this thread have PM'd me and said, "I actually think your rants are funny, keep doing them." Haha.

You know who you are...

Old 09.29.2007, 10:54 PM   #104
drrrtyboots
invito al cielo

drrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's asses
If you really think Wolf Eyes makes millions of dollars off of the CDRs they make in their basements and handful of studio recordings, you must be smoking some phenomenal crack.

drrrtyboots is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.29.2007, 11:11 PM   #105
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

I don't really think they make millions; obviously, I'm exaggerating.

But they do make a LIVING off of it -- they quit their day jobs years ago.

Old 09.30.2007, 12:19 AM   #106
k-krack
invito al cielo

k-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's asses
Shit, atsonicpark... this whole time I thought I agreed with you... but I just realized the immense irony of yr views on the Magik Markers, as yr 'music' is the exact same shit. I don't mean to make a personal attack here, but it takes the same amount of talent to push random buttons on electronics than to strum random guitar shit.

Danny is a C.H.U.D.
k-krack is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.30.2007, 12:26 AM   #107
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

what recording are you talking about? i write out all my songs beforehand and my songs have actual riffs and structure (and some stuff has lots of melody). i don't even really delve that much into the realm of electronics except maybe some minor keys or electronic squiggles beneath the surface of the stuff i do (obviously, i use a drum machine, but that's out of necessity to get a good recording; it's extremely difficult to record a real drummer and make it sound good, however our drummer learns most of the drum parts for the live show). but yeah. i mean, i play all the songs you hear on the myspace page live.. we use a laptop, real drummer, real bassist, me on guitar/vocals, trombone/xylaphone/double bass/accordian player. so, i'm not sure what recording you heard, but there isn't much random electronic stuff to what i do...

Old 09.30.2007, 06:09 AM   #108
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Saamamkrop, I know your gimmick is to be an asshole or whatever, but I don't think people buy it, and you can drop the act right now if you want to, because I have about 6 private messages from Porkmaraas (or was that some imposter?) about collaborating with me and how you dig my music and how you are glad people on this board are into electronic stuff and not solely "guitar tunings". So, man, if my music is "shit" (which, you know, it is), you must have liked "Shit" at some point (in the later stages of using the Porky name). My opinion IS irrelevant; so is EVERYONE's. However, the FACT is: I am successful at what I do, making innovative, creative music, and I've made plenty of money doing it (not bragging, just proving you wrong), so .. .well .. your reply proves, as usual, you have no idea what you're talking about and it has no relevance WHATSOEVER to what I was posting about. Go back to your lair and work on some new material.

1 - If memory serves me well, I sent you only a couple of messages with stuff I asked you to use for what was your new scissorshock album, also mentioning that some your music wa good and interesting for what I had heard at the time. In fact I also remember you telling me that it was cool stuff on some thread and reminding me to clear my pms because you had tried to reply. Six pms? Not really.

2 - I have since listened to a lot of your music online since you seem to promote it so keenly at any given opportunity. I even remember mentioning on the Sonic Youth tribute album thread that I had liked your cover, if it comes down to it. That doesn't help the fact that the majority of your stuff is neither innovative nor anything that is particularly appealing to the ear. For someone who made 'much money out of it' you really seem to have penchant for coming across as you haven't at all, therefore you you take the time to come across as if Magic Markes have done something personal to you to carry through on all this thread's pages slagging their music off as well as your percieved personality of them. Really, that is what successful and happy musicians seem all keen on doing, isn't it?

3 - I work on new material all the time, in fact I am humble enough to not take the easy route for self-gratification on the internet anymore, as personally I find it less satisfying for personal reasons. Just because you don't see me staring 500 threads about my new music, it doesn't mean that there isn't new music being produced all the time constantly by sarramkrop. In saying that, I'll always try to find the time to listen to the music that people who post on here put on their myspaces or else, as I am a music enthusiast, rather than someone who uses it to make themselves look cool, which on the other hand is what you seem to do a lot.

To conclude, It'd be really interesting to hear from you as to why you seem to have it in for Magic Markers so much. Did they hold you or your closed ones hostage and forced you to listen to their records as a consequence?
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.30.2007, 09:48 AM   #109
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
ha! markers rule, almost as much as ac!!!!

secretly he actually likes roxette! the thinking mans magik markers!
Old 09.30.2007, 01:47 PM   #110
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

It actually was six pm's, though they were part of us corresponding back and forth, so you were replying to what i wrote for a good four of those.

And for the record, I'm always interested in hearing new music too and I'd love to hear the music you make.

Old 09.30.2007, 05:14 PM   #111
drrrtyboots
invito al cielo

drrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's asses
I dug the markers before I ever got into the sack with big T and sucked the pseudo-epochal cock of Ecstatic Peace! Right on!

drrrtyboots is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.30.2007, 05:26 PM   #112
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

You're one of the good ones then.

Old 09.30.2007, 05:44 PM   #113
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
jeezus, fuck, you're still at it even after you say you'll stop.

fine.

if you think people like the markers because of thurston's "holy command" you've been drinking too much cough syrup. i don't give 2 shits about who's on what label. and about thurston's "commands", please just know that i don't own a copy of rather ripped because i never liked it and i don't give a shit what band made that record or who promoted it.

why i like the markers: i simply saw them at noise against fascism in 2004 and that was it. your stupid hearsay about how they act etc is nothing but slander. i stole into the backstage and arthurfest and aboarded them as a complete stranger, and they were nothing but smiles. i won't ellaborate on how much i like their records and in what circumstances i listen to them, but they are a frequent companion in my days, because i enjoy them.

since you have continued with the insults, etc, let me just say that i don't dispute your right to like or dislike whatever you like or dislike. that's fine. it's that you come out against them so strongly that obviously you have issues with them. i say jealousy, and not because of the relative success of your 2 bands (they have been more fortunate than you, and for a reason), but because of this:

1) elisa has more poetry in her little fingernail than you have in all of your prematurely balding head. and that burns you.

2) you're twitchy, and you can't climax.

now please use your time wisely. the more you foam at the mouth the more pathetic it makes you look. and again, this is not about you liking them or not, if you don't like them, fine, there are a million bands out there for you to enjoy. it's when you feel the need to start personal attacks against people who are complete strangers to you, and make ignorant assumptions about their fans, that you begin to look petty, negative, jealous, and all-around ridiculous, and if i spend time writing this to you is because i think you can do better than that.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.30.2007, 07:06 PM   #114
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

I said i'd stop as long as people didn't reply to me. People replied and said things specifically to me, so I'm replying to them.

Old 09.30.2007, 07:16 PM   #115
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Le Lo
I'm just curious. How many shows have your band played this year?

Are you talking to me?

If so, in between the two bands I play live with, about 40 shows. Not much. The year before, I played a few more shows than that.

Old 09.30.2007, 07:24 PM   #116
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
1) elisa has more poetry in her little fingernail than you have in all of your prematurely balding head. and that burns you.

excuse me?!

"i wish i had big breasts"? that's poetry?

is quoting the mc5 poetry?

man, i don't think adam is doing anything smart in this thread by replying to every single post someone else does, that's his problem.

i understand someone liking the markers music...even their live show, probably...no, not really, i don't buy it. BUT you are very delusioned if you think what elisa writes is poetry, it's just pretentious gibberish.

actually, and to complete MY explanation of why i don't like or get how someone like this band (you can look it up in this very thread, i don't have to repeat myself), i think most people like this band out of ignorance; if they knew more music, they wouldn't be so stocked over this mediocrity.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.30.2007, 07:28 PM   #117
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Yeah, it probably isn't the wisest thing to reply to people and their ignorance, since it just invites MORE arguments.. but it seems like everyone's obsessed with getting the last word in (or talking about trivial things like my "poetry"; WHAT?!). Oh well, fuck it. I'm done. I already tried to stop, but my name had to keep being brought up.... If anyone else wants to talk about this, they can PM me. Stop bringing me up on here, and I'll stop bringing the Markers up on here. There.

Old 09.30.2007, 07:29 PM   #118
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
excuse me?!

"i wish i had big breasts"? that's poetry?

is quoting the mc5 poetry?

man, i don't think adam is doing anything smart in this thread by replying to every single post someone else does, that's his problem.

i understand someone liking the markers music...even their live show, probably...no, not really, i don't buy it. BUT you are very delusioned if you think what elisa writes is poetry, it's just pretentious gibberish.

actually, and to complete MY explanation of why i don't like or get how someone like this band (you can look it up in this very thread, i don't have to repeat myself), i think most people like this band out of ignorance; if they knew more music, they wouldn't be so stocked over this mediocrity.

Yeah. What the fuck are you talking about, !@#$%!? Poetry? Elisa couldn't write worse lyrics if she tried. They're fucking terrible. I know art is subjective but calling the Magik Markers 'art' is an insult to artists worldwide.
Old 09.30.2007, 07:38 PM   #119
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
ohh yeah, BEFORE EVERYONE STARTS PILING UP ON ME.

BY IGNORANCE, i mean that SOME people MIGHT be missing some KEY bands that have done something like magik markers but HAVE EXCEL AT IT.

especially concerning boss, like many reviewers have noted, ROYAL TRUX is a band that came from incompetent noise and became AMAZING songwriters.

like rtx, there are THOUSANDS of bands that have done everything from their noise freakouts to their more tuneful crap.

a lot of people, have they look into more music, would gladly stop listening to mm as much.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.30.2007, 07:47 PM   #120
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, man.

TWIN FUCKING INFINITIVES.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth