Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page note from thurston
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.21.2006, 09:37 PM   #41
bumbasics
empty page

bumbasics has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
I guess it is to be expected to have people mistake Rather Ripped as mellow, but I have to say, mellow compared to what? This album has some of the best rifts that SY has ever had. The distortion has been refined to perfection! The Asheville show was incredible! Once again, a five star performance!
bumbasics is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.21.2006, 11:09 PM   #42
Geofoco
empty page

Geofoco has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
somebody knows if RATHER RIPPED come someday to Mexico?
Geofoco is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.25.2006, 04:41 AM   #43
little trouble reena
empty page

little trouble reena has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Hello Thurston and company!!! I have a nephew who is only 4 years old and loves RR! He has asked me if you will come to Barcelona on the European dates because he really wants to see you. This is not joke, haha!! I love the album too, it has very good songs. However, I prefer the Sonic Nurse one.

I discovered SY in the year 2000, when I was 22. The first album I heard was EJSTNS (a friend of mine had it), and I liked it very much. Then I listened to A thousand laves (fucking good) and later on I bought Goo, Dirty and EVOL. Recently a friend of mine recorded Washing Machine to me and all I have to say is that you're the most exciting band of the last to decades!!! I have also listened some tracks of the rest of your albums, and also from Psichic Hearts (very good!). I saw you in Barcelona on the year 2003, in the Primavera Sound festival (you played after Television, another band I love). That concert will be unforgettable to me.

Well, that's all. I hope you can come to Spain!!! Do it for my nephew!!!

Thank u for existing!

Alex.
little trouble reena is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.25.2006, 12:30 PM   #44
Zebu
empty page

Zebu has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
im crazy, crazy for feeling rather ripped.
that titled sucks.

anything would have been better. album sounds great. mastered real well! woo hoo!

the cover and the whole of the images - okay.

Kim eating Thurston head with a small dull spoon would hace made a more interesting titled and/or image. It makes you think, get you in the heart and in the head.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jmm11.jpg (59.3 KB, 7 views)
Zebu is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.25.2006, 12:31 PM   #45
Zebu
empty page

but not a five star cover and name!
Old 06.25.2006, 12:33 PM   #46
Zebu
empty page

stupid titled
Old 06.25.2006, 12:34 PM   #47
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott v
stupid child indeed,
but don't bother reasoning with him,
can't reason w/ something dumber than brick.

I guess I am stupid being as I can't read that post.

Fucking idiot.
Old 06.25.2006, 12:38 PM   #48
Zebu
empty page

GARY IS COMING!!!!!!!

@ northsix.com

Wensday July 5th

Gary Wilson and the Blind Dates !

Be there, nowhere else is safe...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg garywilson.jpg (30.4 KB, 3 views)
Old 06.27.2006, 11:34 AM   #49
Darkswan
empty page

Darkswan has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
This was my 7th SY show, and Rather Ripped is just F^$%n excellent. I would say captivating and smoothy and creamy textures between Lee and Thurston are more intertwined than ever. They must be the most complementary duo of giters in RNR history. Kim's move to the front adds an awesome dynamic to there repertoire.

If your looking for a band to play there golden oldies from the 80s or whatever I hear that Poison is touring, you might wnat to check that out.
Me, I'll take the vital fresh product that SY crank out every single year. the new stuff is so good that idon;t miss hearing the older material. The quality of music keeps coming out their stacks man. I love it!
Darkswan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.27.2006, 11:37 AM   #50
Darkswan
empty page

As for the Titles what do you expect? Washing Machine, Made in the USA, is that what you were hoping for? Sitting and dissing the title is pointless, they have never spent to much time worring about what they call a record, its about the groove baby!
Old 06.27.2006, 11:40 AM   #51
m^a(t)h
expwy. to yr skull

m^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkswan
As for the Titles what do you expect? Washing Machine, Made in the USA, is that what you were hoping for? Sitting and dissing the title is pointless, they have never spent to much time worring about what they call a record, its about the groove baby!

i dont think you get it, rather ripped sounds like they are trying to hard, thought about it too much, its an phrase too characterize their music. "washing machine" was cool because it was plain and their was nothing behind it.
m^a(t)h is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.27.2006, 01:00 PM   #52
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Rather ripped sounds like they are ROCKING! You don't like ROCK? You don;t LOVE to ROCK OUT? then you do not enjoy half of sonic youth's music.
Old 06.27.2006, 01:02 PM   #53
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
Sonic Life!!!!
Old 06.27.2006, 01:18 PM   #54
Darkswan
empty page

Quote:
Originally Posted by m^a(t)h
i dont think you get it, rather ripped sounds like they are trying to hard, thought about it too much, its an phrase too characterize their music. "washing machine" was cool because it was plain and their was nothing behind it.

Trying to to hard to what, impress you with how cool they are? They don't have to try, they did it 20 years ago with an album awesomely entitled Sister.

Sorry, Im not much of a board wallflower who pontificates over insignificant opinions, but in a thread that Thurston started the response could hopefully elicit some type of meaningful response. Then again it doesn't really matter.

What I get is the music, I could care a less what they title the album.

Goo Goo Goo
Talkin bout goo
Goo goo goo
My friend goo
Goo goo goo
You would too
Goo
Old 06.27.2006, 02:54 PM   #55
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Rather ripped sounds like they are ROCKING! You don't like ROCK? You don;t LOVE to ROCK OUT? then you do not enjoy half of sonic youth's music.
You are the man Rob.....my thoughts exactly.
Old 06.30.2006, 01:55 PM   #56
Molly
empty page

Molly chews with a vagina dentataMolly chews with a vagina dentataMolly chews with a vagina dentataMolly chews with a vagina dentataMolly chews with a vagina dentataMolly chews with a vagina dentataMolly chews with a vagina dentataMolly chews with a vagina dentataMolly chews with a vagina dentataMolly chews with a vagina dentataMolly chews with a vagina dentata
I absolutely love Pink Stream. And, loved seeing you all in Lawrence! Have a great tour!!! XXXXX
Molly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2006, 09:53 AM   #57
skiesfalling
little trouble girl

skiesfalling is a splendid one to beholdskiesfalling is a splendid one to beholdskiesfalling is a splendid one to beholdskiesfalling is a splendid one to beholdskiesfalling is a splendid one to beholdskiesfalling is a splendid one to beholdskiesfalling is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by m^a(t)h

I would disagree...rather ripped could have just come out in conversation on e day and probably has a meaning behind it.

Washing Machine totally makes sense and has plenty of meaning....when it comes into the lyrical content and evreything around it, the sounds, the lyrics leading up to that incredible moment!!.....you didn't get it?
skiesfalling is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2006, 10:55 PM   #58
etertiena
little trouble girl

etertiena has tongues queuing up for a rim-festetertiena has tongues queuing up for a rim-festetertiena has tongues queuing up for a rim-fest
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaydenAsche
Thurston is just an old-ass man leeching off the noise scene because it is 'hip' and 'underground'.

Hayden Asche is just a sour fagg.
etertiena is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.12.2006, 03:53 AM   #59
king_buzzo
invito al cielo

king_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's asses
are they like too busy to post?
king_buzzo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth