Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page post comething completely irrelevant!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.10.2015, 11:12 PM   #38921
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
oh i've seen that flowchart! i wish the library were hiring in any capacity. i'd be so stoked.

and haha. i just like- i do not fucking care about doing the same thing every single day, just at different times and speeds. i hate going up to customers who come in and saying the same things over and over. i'm forcing myself to like it because i like paychecks and that's it. but i'm glad i'm liked, at least... yeah, it was helpful and obviously i'll improve myself, but ugh. i appreciate the words a lot though. i'll think i'll just stick at where i am... i do like my routine now, actually having a flow.

i love books (or used to?) but i couldn't work in a library because i hate paperwork, sorting, files, etc.

as for the hostess job, it's just a job-- do it the best you can and use it as a springboard to find something more fitting-- even within the same restaurant if need be. maybe start covering for someone whose job you'd like to do?

the other thing about that infographic-- some people are a mix. e.g. you can be artistic/builder or thinker/creative or etc.

but anyway, if all fails/it's ADHD, start your work shift with a big cup of coffee. it helps with focus. no need to truck with ritalin and shit like that.

i can't do repetitive work. gives me a massive headache. something like cleaning shrimp or peeling potatoes makes my head explode-- but give me a puzzle/math problem/ mystery to solve, and i giggle with fun.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.10.2015, 11:54 PM   #38922
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
basically as front people we do all the jobs- cashiering/running food/behind counter stuff. so unfortunately unless i wanted to start making sushi, which i don't, i'm stuck.

i down about a solid 500 mg of caffeine a day. i wish it helped more. repetitive anything drives me absolutely bonkers- and i did band for all those years. but i got something fulfilling out of it.

oh, i love puns, i'm re-reading the horse puns up thread from gkmu. tee hee.
Old 06.10.2015, 11:58 PM   #38923
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
basically as front people we do all the jobs- cashiering/running food/behind counter stuff. so unfortunately unless i wanted to start making sushi, which i don't, i'm stuck.

i down about a solid 500 mg of caffeine a day. i wish it helped more. repetitive anything drives me absolutely bonkers- and i did band for all those years. but i got something fulfilling out of it.

oh, i love puns, i'm re-reading the horse puns up thread from gkmu. tee hee.

it can help more if you time it better.

1) don't start the day with a cup, but wait until after you eat because before that your cortisol is already up and rising. if you start on coffee then it will have less effect and you'll need more later.

2) caffeine takes a full hour to go into full effect so time it before your task.

random thought: have you thought of teaching ESL?
Old 06.11.2015, 12:26 AM   #38924
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
one of my best friends is getting her TOEFL licensing right now so she can go teach english in korea. i have. just need a degree and licensing.

i'll try that. i get a headache fast in the morning, though.
Old 06.11.2015, 12:45 AM   #38925
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

i know these fucked studies change like a vane in a tornado but here's the latest one (supposedly)

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...-10291621.html

as for the teaching, no need to go that far-- there are many immigrants in florida who want to learn the language. so there's a demand. maybe you don't have the credentials to teach but maybe you can tutor. i mean-- you're crazy about language. so that's probably a better entry level job for your "industry"--at least you deal in language somehow, and that love shows through, you have a natural aptitude, etc.

just a random idea. could be a million different things-- you don't need a degree to write copy
Old 06.11.2015, 01:13 AM   #38926
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

hm. i'm a little afraid to mess with whatever calibration of caffeine consumption i've achieved lately, but might try.

if i were still in miami i'd definitely have a calling doing tutoring. not that many up here, and i'm out-credentialed because of the university right here. but i've thought about that too. time for the ever-present crushing self-doubt to rear it's head. blah. how does one get into writing copy?
Old 06.11.2015, 09:57 AM   #38927
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

for a copywriter? read some marketese books/websites/magazines. start with any opportunity you can find, build a network of clients and a portfolio. make yourself a nice website that proves what you claim-- you can get hosting for $3/mo these days. have problems with your name? use a pen name, then get an EIN with that name (sole proprietor, "DBA"). you can even start for free. hey, you can even start with your current employer. no business owner gives a shit about where a freelancer went to school. all they care is that you can do the job and have good samples/references. i've never got a freelancer job by sending my resume to anyone. connections/work samples/a record, not diplomas.

not saying quit studying, but if you're studying mass communications this is right in your line of study-- i mean, you have experience doing this shit since you were a kid, in a way-- weren't you in some kind of "street team" or something? best to get practice in what you're learning than in a totally different industry. hey, maybe a professor can connect you/refer you. or connect with a graphic designer who needs a writer.

write some promo materials for your jefe! or some other small business around. maybe your tattoo shop or some other place. start cheap until you get good, then charge the big bucks.

eta: http://www.theguardian.com/careers/b...riter-top-tips

you seem to know sports...

===

saturday there's work so i'm taking today day off. woohoo!
Old 06.11.2015, 11:46 AM   #38928
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Hardly irrelevant but I'm "meh" these days about starting new threads. RIP Ornette Coleman. Another great jazz musician gone. Sad. http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/12/ar...-obituary.html
Old 06.11.2015, 12:01 PM   #38929
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
One of my faves. I will spin the 7-8 albums I own of his tonight and get wasted and explore the mindway.....
Old 06.11.2015, 01:34 PM   #38930
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Cool. I don't have that many. I'll spin Free Jazz and The Shape of Jazz to Come.

Which of his LPs are your favorites, Rob?
Old 06.11.2015, 01:49 PM   #38931
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I like Science Fiction, and Change of the Century best, b ut I dig most of it
Old 06.11.2015, 01:50 PM   #38932
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

oh! and THIS IS OUR MUSIC. awesome LP
Old 06.11.2015, 11:15 PM   #38933
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmku
Hardly irrelevant but I'm "meh" these days about starting new threads. RIP Ornette Coleman. Another great jazz musician gone. Sad. http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/12/ar...-obituary.html

aw man

and dusty rhodes (sigh, dated a dude super into wrestling; otherwise i'd really have no idea who he is) died too. and christopher lee... the rule of three still going strong, i see.

!@#$%!- well, shit. i'm going to sit down and take a look at all this my next string of days off.
Old 06.12.2015, 01:34 PM   #38934
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

what happened?

Old 06.12.2015, 02:45 PM   #38935
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

seriously?!
Old 06.12.2015, 04:46 PM   #38936
gmku
invito al cielo

Too much botox, callagen, and other injectible fillers?
Old 06.12.2015, 07:16 PM   #38937
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Wandered around LA Plaze and Grand Park today.. everytime i come here there is a new exhibit somewhere on some really cool LA history. Today found three.. checked out one of LA oldest houses "Adobe House" which is furnished with period pieces from early 19th century LA.. sublime for a history nerd like me, i was totally enthralled. Then found an exhibit on Chicano activists with a really kick ass section on the real Dr Gonzo who is one of my favorite people from the 60s.. lastly found an even better detailed exhibit on LA history includkng mock set ups of early 20th century LA downtown shops and stores with shitload of pics from 19th and early 20th century. I LOVED it like a little kid, im still grinning in awe on the metro heading home

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.12.2015, 07:59 PM   #38938
gmku
invito al cielo

Nice, SFAD. That is why I am so looking forward to getting off the prairie and moving to the city. Three more weeks. Three more lonnggg weeks.
Old 06.12.2015, 08:04 PM   #38939
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Don't come here unless you plan on staying forever. No one ever escapes LA yo..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.12.2015, 08:07 PM   #38940
gmku
invito al cielo

I heard a biologist use a term last week. She was talking about ornate box turtles and how, if you move them, they struggle to get back to where they were born. She said that they have "extreme site fidelity."

So do I.

I feel like I've spent the last 8 years trying to get back to the place I left. It's also my hometown. I'm an ornate box turtle.
1447184718971937194419451946 1947 194819491950195719972047 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth