Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page post comething completely irrelevant!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.09.2015, 10:11 AM   #38901
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmku
At the same time, the client who paid most timely and most consistently was a big corporation.

true on what you said before, that's exactly what i'm dealing with, but about this bit i just quoted--

megacorporations can be great at paying, but often you have to deal with this massive passing of the buck because nobody wants to "own" anything. so much fear and so much caution and so much inaction,it's ridiculous. can't find a person to make a decision-- or can't find a person who says "yes, i am responsible for this."

i'v been toying with the idea of setting up a product business so that i don't have to deal with "clients". something automated, like a vending machine-- buy or don't buy, your choice, but let's not have to talk about it. know what i mean? not having to answer phone calls on a friday night.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.09.2015, 12:06 PM   #38902
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Hmm. Yes. I've always wondered how profitable coin laundromats are? They also have them set up to take credit and debit cards these days.

Here's something I hate about my current office: The Walk Around. This is where the big boss comes hustling through our cubicle aisles, usually a Monday morning, going "Good morning! Good morning. Hello. How are ya? Hi, how was your weekend." All this at top crusing speed, barely pausing long enough to make eye contact, no time to hear a repsonse. It makes me want to step out from my desk and block him with, "Ah... Well, hello, there, sir. Thank you for asking. How are you this morning. Say, while I've got you, did you catch that Braves action last night...?"

Like, if you're gonna do that, slow down and at least look like you mean it.
Old 06.09.2015, 01:03 PM   #38903
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
^^ ha ha that's classic extrovert vs introvert interaction.

laundromats: HELL YES. cash business, no waiting to get paid. add-ons like soda machines, snacks, overpriced detergent, plastic bags. still needs an employee on the premises, for security and cleanup and to fix problems, with the crap such things entail.

i just want a robot army.

damn.
Old 06.09.2015, 01:24 PM   #38904
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Who's the intro and who's the outro, in this case? I wonder if my boss is secretly an intro and that's why he walks thru so fast, so he doesn't have to interact? I, on the other hand, am definitely an intro--I wish everyone would just shut up and leave me the hell alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
^^ ha ha that's classic extrovert vs introvert interaction.

laundromats: HELL YES. cash business, no waiting to get paid. add-ons like soda machines, snacks, overpriced detergent, plastic bags. still needs an employee on the premises, for security and cleanup and to fix problems, with the crap such things entail.

i just want a robot army.

damn.
Old 06.09.2015, 02:29 PM   #38905
gmku
invito al cielo

The humble yet ever so handsome Parker Pens Jotter. This pen says 1963 to me so much I could cry. Available for around $12 at your favorite office supply store.

Old 06.10.2015, 10:46 AM   #38906
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
ooh. that's lovely. i'm fond of my pilot g-2s- only pen i've used for years. they're one of few pens whose ink don't smudge on my hands when i write (being a southpaw.)
Old 06.10.2015, 11:04 AM   #38907
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

i love those g2s they're like butta and i buy them by the jumbo pack and scatter them all over the house but i hate the fact that they make trash when i'm done with them

i fucking hate non-compostable / non-recyclable trash

i think i'm gonna do like the russians in space & go with pencils

i don't know
Old 06.10.2015, 11:06 AM   #38908
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.chron.com/news/local/crim...ex-6318573.php

DO NOT FUCK HORSES
Old 06.10.2015, 01:29 PM   #38909
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
every day i think, nah i've read the worst shit people can do... then a new day happens.

!@#- i hate pencils. unless it's mechanical, then i can sort of deal. but g2s or bust. ive just stockpiled all my dead ones, not really sure what to do with them.
Old 06.10.2015, 04:11 PM   #38910
gmku
invito al cielo

Ha ha, well, ain't that a kick in the head. I bet he thought he could move like a stud, like he could kick in the stall all night. I bet he was chomping at the bit to get at that horse. He needs to learn to reign in his impulses. Once he recovers in the hospital, I'm sure he'll be ready to jump in the saddle again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Old 06.10.2015, 04:38 PM   #38911
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
too ......many......horse.......puns.........
ha!
Old 06.10.2015, 04:54 PM   #38912
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
every day i think, nah i've read the worst shit people can do... then a new day happens.
ha ha yes. count on humans to never disappoint with the entertainment.

Quote:
!@#- i hate pencils. unless it's mechanical, then i can sort of deal. but g2s or bust. ive just stockpiled all my dead ones, not really sure what to do with them.

i hate hard pencils like 2H, but a well-made 2B can be a pleasure. 4B-- nice & greasy. you can draw & shade with it.

o wait, i can see the smudge happening to your left hand. yeah, non-smudge pencils are scratchy and unpleasant. they make that sound. iiijjjjjjj!

learn hebrew! they you can write leftwards.

i just toss the dead pens in the trash because what else can i do? see, if they were metal i'd throw them with the cans & sell for scrap-- then they'll end up in a prius or something.

i used to like fountain pens but they stain my fingers, clothes, etc. i'm too neanderthal for them. and then if you don't have good paper they scratch & scratch & drag-- french paper is nice for fountain pens but ogh! that's overcomplicating it.

maybe i'll find a good rollerball/gel pen w/ metal refills. then i can use it for 3 days before i lose it and have to buy another one ha ha ha. hmfff...

Quote:
Ha ha, well, ain't that a kick in the head. I bet he thought he could move like a stud, like he could kick in the stall all night. I bet he was chomping at the bit to get at that horse. He needs to learn to reign in his impulses. Once he recovers in the hospital, I'm sure he'll be ready to jump in the saddle again.

that was quite a ride with the puns. you take the triple crown-- by two lengths.
--

ps - REIN.
Old 06.10.2015, 05:18 PM   #38913
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
I rock those fine point Pilot pens.. though i fell in love with these gel ink pens this year..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.10.2015, 05:35 PM   #38914
gmku
invito al cielo

Quote:
--

ps - REIN.

Damn. Thanks! You know, that is one word I consistently mess up. I make the same mistake time and again.
Old 06.10.2015, 05:53 PM   #38915
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Damn. Thanks! You know, that is one word I consistently mess up. I make the same mistake time and again.

it's easy if you think of the etimology/cognates

rein is related to retain (reins are retainers). google says from the latin retinere. (like retina!?). in spanish, rienda (the vowels got transposed in the process). but in english, re[ta]in.

reign (easy if you know spanish "reino") derives from rex/regnum. problem is the cognates have a different order of the consonants-- the name reginald or words like regiment (so, reign not regin, like regina). but they have the G. yo, g! retain has no g. so the reins don't.

i've noticed the nerdy kids on the spelling bee always ask for the language of origin. makes it easy that way. the fucking little cheaters. these 2 bātards come from latin via french. latin reigns supreme!

Old 06.10.2015, 06:05 PM   #38916
gmku
invito al cielo

Interesting. It's not that I don't know the difference. I just always slip. There are words like that, where I have some kind of weird block. Sometimes I do that with their and they're and there, especially if I'm typing without really looking closely at what I'm doing.
Old 06.10.2015, 06:21 PM   #38917
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

eta i know you know, i was just offering a memory anchor

==

one time here i typed "genious" instead of "genius." i got some shit for it, as if it was a crime.

also i often type while reclining and this makes me type more with my fat thumbs. then everything comes out wrong.

fack spellyn
Old 06.10.2015, 09:55 PM   #38918
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

Quote:

i've noticed the nerdy kids on the spelling bee always ask for the language of origin. makes it easy that way. the fucking little cheaters. these 2 bātards come from latin via french. latin reigns supreme!

knowing language of origin pays dividends though, as a former county spelling champ haha. it's a good strategy. and for watching jeopardy.

i actually used to do the da vinci mirror writing thing as a kid

how do you guys deal with like, criticism? my manager at work told me today that they love having me at work but that my obvious focus issues get in the way and i have a month til another "review" to get it together... my first instinct is to beat myself up
Old 06.10.2015, 10:43 PM   #38919
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
how do you guys deal with like, criticism? my manager at work told me today that they love having me at work but that my obvious focus issues get in the way and i have a month til another "review" to get it together... my first instinct is to beat myself up

criticism is fucking great. if it's constructive, it's a big favor. rather than flying blind you're getting radio from teh control tower. when someone gives you good criticism give them a big thank you. in management science it's actually not called criticism-- it's called feedback. all organisms need a feedback function to survive.

as for focus-- practice being present, always. you have a really fun mind and it likes to take you away places... sometimes too far away, ha ha. i may only know you from the internet but i think i know you well enough to know this.

so, pretend it's gymnastics-- or better yet, pretend it's band, and keep the beat for whatever hours you're there. it's a different music, but you gotta stick with the drill.

if you really *can't* keep track then realize your talents lie elsewhere and start looking for something more suitable. e.g., working at a bookstore, ha ha ha.

i tried being a waiter once but got fired after 2 months. as an introvert, engaging a table meant getting sucked into the whole drama going on in each one of them. i couldn't do my job. these people were characters in a theatre. i couldn't just dish out their orders on a busy lunch schedule with everyone in a hurry. plus i don't have a lot of fine motor coordination and i can't carry a lot of plates. it was definitely not a job i was cut out for. and with the stress, i sweated a lot. i would have made a better dishwasher, but an angry salvatrucan already had the job. plus the cook hated me. yeah, not the best fit.

on the other hand, i am great at having no boss and fixing/ troubleshooting/ planning/ devising systems/ solving puzzles/ etc. so i take to that with little effort and great joy.

here's a little article i saw the other day. maybe it helps:

im looking for the link, just hold on a minute

here it is!

http://lifehacker.com/this-flowchart...y-t-1708911601
Old 06.10.2015, 11:05 PM   #38920
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

oh i've seen that flowchart! i wish the library were hiring in any capacity. i'd be so stoked.

and haha. i just like- i do not fucking care about doing the same thing every single day, just at different times and speeds. i hate going up to customers who come in and saying the same things over and over. i'm forcing myself to like it because i like paychecks and that's it. but i'm glad i'm liked, at least... yeah, it was helpful and obviously i'll improve myself, but ugh. i appreciate the words a lot though. i'll think i'll just stick at where i am... i do like my routine now, actually having a flow.
1446184618961936194319441945 1946 194719481949195619962046 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth