Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page >>the last movie you watched
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.10.2009, 08:16 AM   #4941
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Ohh that looks sexy.

I just watched Rope and Rear Window. Both solid 7's.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.10.2009, 09:46 AM   #4942
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
I have Rope, but never watched it. Rear Window is great. Vertigo is my fav Hitch film.
noisereductions is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.10.2009, 09:51 AM   #4943
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
FRENZY's mine, but vertigo rules as well.

Old 01.10.2009, 02:24 PM   #4944
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses

Even Dwarfs Started Small.

"While filming the scene where a van drove in circles with no one at the wheel, one of the actors was run over, but immediately stood up uninjured. During the flower burning scene, the same actor caught fire and Werner Herzog raced over and beat the fire out. The actor only had minor injuries from the fire. After these two accidents, Werner Herzog promised the actors that if they made it through the rest of filming without any more injuries he would jump into a cactus patch and allow the actors to film him doing so. The film was finished without any further injuries and the director made good his promise and dove into the cacti. Herzog has said, "Getting out was a lot more difficult than jumping in." (wiki)
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.10.2009, 03:14 PM   #4945
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

That film's pretty good. I'm a Herzog virgin, only having seen 3 of his films.

Old 01.10.2009, 05:31 PM   #4946
fugazifan
invito al cielo

fugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson

Even Dwarfs Started Small.

"While filming the scene where a van drove in circles with no one at the wheel, one of the actors was run over, but immediately stood up uninjured. During the flower burning scene, the same actor caught fire and Werner Herzog raced over and beat the fire out. The actor only had minor injuries from the fire. After these two accidents, Werner Herzog promised the actors that if they made it through the rest of filming without any more injuries he would jump into a cactus patch and allow the actors to film him doing so. The film was finished without any further injuries and the director made good his promise and dove into the cacti. Herzog has said, "Getting out was a lot more difficult than jumping in." (wiki)
that film is amazing. such an original film, and really beautiful

i just saw vera cruz

www.myspace.com/dellilahtheband
www.myspace.com/lecirquedesvampiresmusic
fugazifan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.10.2009, 05:34 PM   #4947
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
That film's pretty good. I'm a Herzog virgin, only having seen 3 of his films.

I've only seen Grizzly Man.
noisereductions is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.10.2009, 05:43 PM   #4948
fugazifan
invito al cielo

fugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
I've only seen Grizzly Man.
ive seen a good amount of his features and one documentary (GM), he is defiantly in my top five directors.

www.myspace.com/dellilahtheband
www.myspace.com/lecirquedesvampiresmusic
fugazifan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.10.2009, 07:07 PM   #4949
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

these:

and

the films of kenneth anger vol. 1 and 2

Don't know how to rate these since there's a bunch of films on each other, but probably between an 8 and 10 for all of 'em overall. Check em out...

Old 01.10.2009, 07:13 PM   #4950
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
'Invocation of my Demon Brother' is one of my favourite things, never mind films, ever. Up there with Songs the Lord Taught Us and olives.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.10.2009, 07:16 PM   #4951
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

!!!!!!!!

Old 01.10.2009, 07:18 PM   #4952
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
I have to admit that I fell asleep through a screening of "Lucifer Rising" at the Hoxton Lux cinema - oops. Must try to watch that again at some point.
Old 01.10.2009, 07:20 PM   #4953
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Lucifer Rising is a bit clunky compared to most of his other stuff but you should give it another go. It's the hardest one to enjoy though, definitely.
Old 01.10.2009, 07:21 PM   #4954
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

For people who don't know what we're talking about...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...02155224808588 = INVOCATION

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...83728662460695 = LUCIFER RISING

Good stuff!!

Old 01.10.2009, 07:34 PM   #4955
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark

Do you remember if that's version you saw? The music is different. The original Jagger score is more like a repeating electronic pulse. Really becomes intense in relation to the footage. I know Anger is infamous for replacing scores but it'd be a shame if he's taken the original Jagger one off. This is the Jagger version, just out of interest. Sorry it's in two parts:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=fZs4cIqfyWU
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=mwKNqvCnT4w
Old 01.10.2009, 07:39 PM   #4956
chairman of the bored
the destroyed room

chairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard sucka
thanks for reminding me, i've been meaning to get anger vol 2...1 was so good...for whatever reason, puce moment may be my favorite on the disc...good late night viewing.

the jagger score was one thing keeping me from getting vol 2. is it really good? i can only think of jagger as some cheesy rock and roll business man, not some dude who makes noise soundtracks to art films.
Old 01.10.2009, 07:41 PM   #4957
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Yeah, it really works. Adds a sort of edge to the whole thing.
Old 01.10.2009, 08:34 PM   #4958
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Do you remember if that's version you saw? The music is different. The original Jagger score is more like a repeating electronic pulse. Really becomes intense in relation to the footage. I know Anger is infamous for replacing scores but it'd be a shame if he's taken the original Jagger one off. This is the Jagger version, just out of interest. Sorry it's in two parts:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=fZs4cIqfyWU
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=mwKNqvCnT4w

You know, I think the soundtrack is the one on the vids you posted, not the one I posted.

Old 01.10.2009, 09:09 PM   #4959
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
Well, I was going to go to sleep 1/2 hour ago, but decided to watch "Lucifer Rising" instead. Visually, a very striking and appealing film, with some great use of edits, and many good juxtapositions. The usage of Egyptian, Luciferian and English Pagan iconography makes this to me actually quite a religious film, in the respect of it being a dedication from Anger to his inspirations..."An offering in pursuance of a vow"...The music works well within the film too.

Having said that, I would still go for "Inaugeration Of The Pleasure Dome" and "Invocation of my Demon Brother" as being my fave Anger films, but "Lucifer Rising" definitely is a memorable and striking piece of film-making.
Old 01.10.2009, 09:27 PM   #4960
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
WALL-E

Loved it. If I was 11 with my sci fi lovin nerd ass I would have creamedgasmed over this flick
198238245246247 248 2492502512582983487481248 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth