Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Mighty Basketball Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.11.2014, 03:17 PM   #241
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
It was literally embarrassing that the undisputed best player in the NBA was not even the 5th best paid player..

The Lebrons of the NBA aren't supposed to do that, it hurts the business side of it. It hurts ALL the players, because now the NBA assumes ALL of them will take pay cuts.

There is NOTHING embarrassing about not being one of the Top Five paid players in the league......especially when you consider LeBron has never played in a Top Five Market. Truth is, in his entire NBA career, LeBron HAS NEVER even been the highest paid player on his team......NEVER!

Because of this, LeBron has only maid $490 million in carrier earnings......truly no good reason to start demanding the max now!
Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.11.2014, 03:24 PM   #242
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
There is NOTHING embarrassing about not being one of the Top Five paid players in the league......especially when you consider LeBron has never played in a Top Five Market. Truth is, in his entire NBA career, LeBron HAS NEVER even been the highest paid player on his team......NEVER!

Because of this, LeBron has only maid $490 million in carrier earnings......truly no good reason to start demanding the max now!

The fact that Lebron has never had the max or been the highest paid salary is indeed embarrassing for the NBA, no way around that. Jordan made $33,000,000.. Kobe was making $29,000,000.. Even Pau Gasol was making more than Lebron! You're right about not being in a top-5 market, but that is the thing, Lebron is such a huge market unto himself that he brings in earnings. Miami Heat were the most popular road team in the NBA for the past four consecutive years, they sold out every single one of their road games and they had the most national TV games! Guess who was the post popular road team in 2009? Yup, Lebron's Cavs

Lebron demanded Max money because its good for the players, it gets things back to the way they used to be. The 2011 CBA tried to destroy what the 1990s brought to the NBA which was a "pay the man" philosophy.

In that regard, I applaud Lebron's decision, its good for ALL the players who want to get their next big contract. When KD or Westbrook go to sign next year best to believe they will remember this

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.11.2014, 03:42 PM   #243
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Rockets trade Jeremy Lin to Lakers http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterocket...lin/?cmpid=bna
Old 07.11.2014, 04:06 PM   #244
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Oh Snap
Old 07.11.2014, 04:34 PM   #245
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator

I think its good for everybody..

Lin never got to fully develop in Houston, but to be sure, he has shown he has A LOT of potential talent wise.. Also, he easily thrived under the big lights in New York during Linsanity so he will be fine in the Purple and Gold..

My Laker fan friends don't like it, but I honestly think it can be a good deal. Lin snuck around as top-15 PG even with so restricted minutes in Houston, given the right situation I think he can continue to be good. No, is isn't the best PG in the NBA, but is surely not the worst and has a lot of potential upside if everything goes right. To be sure, Lin's offense was a MILLION times better that Patrick Beverly's...

If you ask me, Houston is like a kid at a birthday party, they just want to keep unwrapping all the next presents, don't spend enough time with the ones they just opened! They wasted Asik and Lin, two players that will definitely be better on their new teams..

Old 07.11.2014, 04:42 PM   #246
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Asik was useless with Howard around (On of the reasons I did not want Howard), and Lin is a streaky poor-man's Allen Iverson, all flash and hustle and drives to the basket while his teammates sit around waiting for him to brick one.

Lin is and was and will always be OVERRATED. Just because he had a good month and a half in a shit team NYC, the media (90% of print and Cable TV media is in NYC) sucked his ding dong hard to create a fake news story.

He is a crybaby bitch. Kobe is gonna kill him
Old 07.11.2014, 05:35 PM   #247
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Asik was useless with Howard around

Asik would have made a great back up to Dwight, and indeed, even those few minutes they played together were statistically very effective. The problem is Asik wasn't a Rocket mentally. The Rockets never made him feel like an integral player on their roster, so he always felt slighted. Sport is probably more psychological than just talent. Shit, ANY professional athlete has talent, but only when the psychology is right does this talent translate into skill, especially when its a matter of getting 6-9 guys to play together in a mental harmony as a composite unit.

(On of the reasons I did not want Howard), and Lin is a streaky poor-man's Allen Iverson, all flash and hustle and drives to the basket while his teammates sit around waiting for him to brick one.[/quote]

Bullshit, Lin averaged 8 assists per game during a 28 game stretch of Linsanity, with a shit knicks roster at that! Again, simply put, Rockets wasted it. If you thought Lin was going to score like Chris Paul or Steph Curry you're crazy, but if you think he can't make some of the best passes of any of the best PGs in the league you're tripping. Guy is a TRUE PG, and this is a PG league.

Quote:

No, Dwight is a crybaby bitch, meanwhile Lin (a) handled the spotlight of Linsanity pretty well and (b) handled becoming a third string bench guy pretty well too..

To each his own, but I think Lin will benefit from a change of scenery and a team that fits his style better. The reality is James Harden doesn't need a point guard hence why Beverly's non-existent offense has been working so effectively.

Old 07.12.2014, 07:29 AM   #248
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Quote:
Asik was useless with Howard around (On of the reasons I did not want Howard), and Lin is a streaky poor-man's Allen Iverson, all flash and hustle and drives to the basket while his teammates sit around waiting for him to brick one.

Lin is and was and will always be OVERRATED. Just because he had a good month and a half in a shit team NYC, the media (90% of print and Cable TV media is in NYC) sucked his ding dong hard to create a fake news story.

This is an accurate summation of Lin's second tour with the Rockets. SuchFriends is correct that he did have some old school Point Guard in him, but it was usually diminished by his excessive turnovers and poor judgement. In other words, he could have one outstanding game followed by three crappy ones......no consistency of good play.
Old 07.14.2014, 08:32 AM   #249
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rockets are fucked.

Chandler "Bing" Parsons goes to Dallas. Asik is gone. Lin will be gone. we re-sign Trevor Ariza, a guy we dumped nearly a decade ago right? We got played by Bosh, and now we are stuck once again with Howard/Harden as our two leaders? shit
Old 07.14.2014, 09:37 AM   #250
Bytor Peltor
Banned

The Rockets chose not to match the Mavs offer sheet on Parsons.

If Bosh would have signed with Houston, the Rockets would have matched the Mavs offer sheet and Parsons would be a Rocket today. Because Bosh elected to stay for more money in Miami, the Rockets now view the Parsons offer as not being a good value......especially in future years.

When Houston let Ariza go, he had potential to become a solid player and the Rockets didn't have time to wait. If he can duplicate what he has done over the past two season, the Rockets and their fans will be very happy.

Lin was a wash and I'm happy to see him and his contract go. Not ideal, but the Rockets should have enough room under the cap to pick up any expiring contract at the trade deadline to help fill any needs they may have.

I enjoyed Parsons and hate to see him leave, but it's a little easier to watch him go at 15 million per season.
Old 07.14.2014, 02:08 PM   #251
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

I know you guys read LeGibrone James' "I'm Coming Home" essay that was written for him by the twenty marketing/spin doctor people he keeps on staff at all times.

Here you can read Chris Bosh's essay, "I'M STAYING HOME."
Old 07.14.2014, 07:20 PM   #252
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
I know you guys read LeGibrone James' "I'm Coming Home" essay that was written for him by the twenty marketing/spin doctor people he keeps on staff at all times.

Here you can read Chris Bosh's essay, "I'M STAYING HOME."

Actually Chris gave a very good legitimate interview on ESPN worth reading

http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miam...ead-miami-heat

What I will miss most about this Heat era was all the sincere FUN those dudes were always having. The trolling the sports media during interview sessions, the video bombing, the endless laughing and joking all the time, I dare say this was one of the most fun teams of all time. Showtime was flashy but never fun. Shaq tried to have fun with Kobe but Kobe was the wet blanket. Jordan and Pippen I don't even think ever had a single fun day in their motherfucking lives.. meanwhile Heat looked like they weren't working at all.

Old 07.15.2014, 06:27 PM   #253
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Another reason you couldn't "justify" matching the Mavs offer sheet without Bosh......Parsons would be making more the James Harden. Even though Harden SUCKS at defense, he is a Top Ten All NBA Team member. Parsons production will go up as a member of the Mavericks because more plays will be drawn up for him, but I highly doubt he reaches Top Ten status.

Chris Bosh, human being
Old 07.15.2014, 09:32 PM   #254
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor

is there ever a single day where steve nash, dirk, and mark cuban dont regret that photo shoot. I saw nash on yo mtv raps in 1997 yo, he may be canadian but he was a bball player in the 90, motherfucker was hip enough to know how lame that was, even if dirk was too german and cuban too much of a social outcast, steve knew better, steve knew!
Quote:
Another reason you couldn't "justify" matching the Mavs offer sheet without Bosh......Parsons would be making more the James Harden. Even though Harden SUCKS at defense, he is a Top Ten All NBA Team member. Parsons production will go up as a member of the Mavericks because more plays will be drawn up for him, but I highly doubt he reaches Top Ten status.
top 10 player not being top paid, now the beard understands lebron.

,thank you, I LOVED this, bosh is probably the most down to earth 2x champion HOFer not named Pau Gasol. If you combine pau's twitter with bosh's off season life you have portrait of what happens when ordinary, thoughtful humans are gifted with an otherworldy talent worth enough to become rich and successful with out necessarily even wanting too

Old 09.30.2014, 02:55 PM   #255
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Rockets tip season at Lakers one month from tonight:

Old 11.17.2014, 04:03 PM   #256
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Showdown in Memphis tonight:

9-1 vs. 9-1
Old 11.21.2014, 12:17 PM   #257
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Rockets? Theyre boring as fuck to watch but they win games (in the regular season)

Old 11.23.2014, 09:02 AM   #258
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Beating the Mavs without D. Howard was a nice way to right the ship. James Harden joins Kobe and LeBron as only players to have four 30+ point games this year.
Old 11.23.2014, 02:12 PM   #259
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Lebron looks like he misses Eric Spoelstra more than he thought he missed Cleveland

Old 11.24.2014, 09:28 AM   #260
Bytor Peltor
Banned

^you're the first one I've heard mention this. I did hear another question if the Cavalier coach was trying to "force" the team to play more of a European style......time + more games played should = improvement!
101112 13 14151623 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth