Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Kim Gordon to Hold Art Exhibition at the Andy Warhol Museum
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.06.2019, 05:20 PM   #1
_tunic_
expwy. to yr skull

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
Kim Gordon to Hold Art Exhibition at the Andy Warhol Museum

Quote:
Kim Gordon: Lo-Fi Glamour marks first solo art show in North America for the Sonic Youth co-founder

Kim Gordon, February 2019 (Stefanie Keenan/Getty Images for JNSQ Wines)

Kim Gordon has announced Kim Gordon: Lo-Fi Glamour, a new art exhibition of the Sonic Youth co-founder’s visual art that will be hosted at the Andy Warhol Museum in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The exhibition will be Gordon’s first-ever solo art show in North America, and will consist of two parts: a “survey exhibition of Gordon’s paintings, drawings and sculpture,” and a score that Warhol commissioned from Gordon for his 1964 silent film Kiss titled Sound for Andy Warhol’s Kiss. The exhibition component will feature “new, never-before shown figure drawings” by Gordon.

Sound for Andy Warhol’s Kiss is also getting a limited-edition vinyl release in addition to being featured in the exhibition. Recorded in the Warhol Theater, the score was recorded by Gordon, Body/Head bandmate Bill Nace, Steve Gunn, and John Truscinski. Last year, Gordon appeared in He Won’t Get Far on Foot, directed by Gus Van Sant. 2018 also saw Gordon and Nace release their most recent album as Body/Head, The Switch.

And here's an excerpt of that soundtrack!

Direct link to the Exhibition site: https://www.warhol.org/exhibition/ki...lo-fi-glamour/

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.06.2019, 08:10 PM   #2
halgreen
stalker

halgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asses
Can't wait to hear this. hopefully it won't be too much of a limited edition...

kim and all her boys

halgreen is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.10.2019, 09:08 AM   #3
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
thanks

greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.18.2019, 02:23 AM   #4
hirsute_biped
the end of the ugly

hirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asses

John Cale scored Kiss too!
hirsute_biped is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.22.2019, 06:36 PM   #5
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by halgreen
Can't wait to hear this. hopefully it won't be too much of a limited edition...

Hear, hear. I NEED that record...

GADJI BERI BIMBA CLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDE E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.10.2019, 06:56 PM   #6
skipvacuum
stalker

skipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's asses
Thursday, May 16, 2019
7–9:30pm

Join us as we celebrate the opening of our Kim Gordon: Lo-Fi Glamour exhibition and present the world premiere and album release for Sound for Andy Warhol’s Kiss, a live performance/film commission. Accompanied by collaborators Bill Nace, Steve Gunn and John Truscinski, Kim Gordon will premiere a partially improvised continual soundtrack for Warhol’s hour-long film Kiss, 1963-64, that captures close-ups of fourteen couples kissing. The performance paired with the Kim Gordon: Lo-Fi Glamour exhibition of paintings, sculpture and drawings, provides a platform to engage with both the visual and sonic work of an artist who cites Warhol as a key influence, and whose own work with Sonic Youth has been highly influential to younger generations.

Registration is required.

Sound for Andy Warhol’s Kiss will be performed at 7:30 p.m.

this is advertised as free but you need to register. 75 dollars for one person, a 100 for two
Old 05.17.2019, 09:58 AM   #7
halgreen
stalker

halgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asses
Anybody watch the live stream of the performance lag night? Streaming sound was muddy but you could still hear that the music was great. I just ordered my copy of the LP from the Warhol store. I had to call them and place the order, and it was 76 bux with shipping, but I’m still excited.

halgreen is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.17.2019, 03:09 PM   #8
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by halgreen
I just ordered my copy of the LP from the Warhol store. I had to call them and place the order, and it was 76 bux with shipping, but I’m still excited.

Jesus Christ Monkeyballs... Completely out of the question for me after spending $112 on the Peter Laughner box. Awesome for you, though! (I mean it, no sarcasm.)

GADJI BERI BIMBA CLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDE E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

Old 05.17.2019, 06:56 PM   #9
skipvacuum
stalker

skipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's asses
here is a link to the live stream of the performance

https://www.facebook.com/thewarholmu...3089251930461/
Old 05.17.2019, 07:42 PM   #10
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipvacuum
here is a link to the live stream of the performance

https://www.facebook.com/thewarholmu...3089251930461/

Thanks, skip. For us Facemook-allergics, it's been uploaded to YouTube as well.

By the way, I can't get my YouTube Video And Audio Downloader extension for Firefox to properly work anymore. Guess I'll just try removing it and then installing it from scratch. We should have a freakin' tech thread on the Non-Sonics subforum to deal with this crap...

All content 2006 Sonic Youth