Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Do you males on this board ever feel any shame about the way you view women?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.03.2010, 11:55 AM   #301
ni'k
invito al cielo

ni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's asses
symbol, have you ever thought "hey, maybe i'm coming off as patronising, maybe i should think why i need to do that for over 4 pages"?

i know that you are too stuck up to read my posts. but if you had you might have found these quotes, which are in my opinion highly relevant and could be useful to you in a time of introspection, hint hint:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ni'k
its time for certain fatuous self important males to realise that if they only shut up and listened to other people, like, women, they might learn something instead of boring us all to death with their need to drone on and on till everyone has heard them express their judgement and finality on the subject proving them king of truth for all eternity.

because it does seem like you have being doing that so far and aren't going to stop anytime soon. it would be infuriating if it wasn't so hilarious, but it's too boring to be that either.... hmmmm.... so if i was to follow the symbol man school of thought, were you don't need to listen or try to understand why someone else feels the way they do, and that that could matter more than your opinions, couldn't i just shorten it and say: "no, you're wrong to feel this way because of MY different opinions"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ni'k
because you all went on and on, as if to say "we are gonna just keep posting whatever the hell we want and you can listen to us justify it." you started arguments about the definition of objectification, but it all seemed to be solely for the purpose of proving you didn't have to change anything about the way you thought or behaved. it seemed only to occur to you to prove yourselves, not consider changing anything

i disagree with what you said about "the price of freedom". you are being requested not to behave in a certain way that is offending people, and they are trying to explain why they feel this way. freedom doesnt mean i get to act like a douche because i can so fuck everyone else. you make it harder for other people to have freedom unless you listen to what they have to say and try to show them some respect.

dont pretend that asking for some respect is a demand that everyone goose step to intellectualism. you just mean you want to use it when it suits you so you can always suddenly switch from being serious if you can't win an argument.

you are coming across as condescending, smug and self assured that anyone wants to hear more of your opinions. when you should only be self assured at how annoying it is to hear you go on and on forever. oh sorry, am i being "overheated" again? don't worry i've got a fan beside me now.

and to tell us all we need to do is "give people shit for it" in response, is both patronising and sounds like you are saying you won't stop offending people unless they try to offend you back. we asked people to be courteous. we don't want to get dragged down into pissing battles on a board. because thats really stupid and excruciatingly boring and really doesn't interest us.

you go on to suggest we have to "fight" as a solution, suggesting you are going to keep fighting back unless we do. we don't CARE about dominating other people. we aren't asking for a fight. we are asking people to be considerate of how we feel. are you really so wrapped up in yourself you can't see that?

EDIT: well it seems like you finally have stopped now. without realising that no, noone really was interested in a "good" discussion, however thrilling that might have been.

all that shit about the prosecutor? complaining about accusations that sully your might pride when you've said insulting things to people again and again when they've been keeping it civil? you'd almost expected me to say something like "get off your high horse you pompous fuck" but that would be being overheated again, wouldn't it? oh how i can not wait for the next installment in this gripping saga.
ni'k is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.03.2010, 11:57 AM   #302
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
Why don't you guys just counter the hot naked women with hot naked men? Fight fire with fire.
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.03.2010, 12:14 PM   #303
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i can't give you a long answer right now (you know it takes time) but i dont know where you get the notion that i don't care about your requests, but i think that dialogue requires for people to attempt to understand each other and where the other is coming from, and i fell like you're just projecting a lot onto my answer, things i have never said/ supported/ etc., like "i'm uncomfortable with the whole debate". i've answered your previous post point by point and i'm not the one who said "this thread sucks, let's go jerk off". it's fucking annoying to be mischaracterized like that. here i am trying to understand and be understood and i get this "you don't wanna talk about this" bullshit thrown in my face. that's a cheap tactic and you know better.

anyway, i get that you want a politically correct board/ society/ world, i get that some of these things hurt your feelings, and i get that you want to restrain the trash to a single thread, and i get lots more that i don't have time to clarify right now (but i will later). however, please, if you want do have a good discussion don't start by with assuming or projecting ill will ontp your discussion partner, or you'll end up arguing with the ghosts in your head instead of the person in front of you.

anyway i need to go have breakfast, make some phone calls, clean my cat's crap, and set up my work table, among other things, but i'll come back to answer the prosecutor's charges at a later time. and i don't call them prosecutor's charges because "i don't wanna hear"-- i call them that because you're unfairly depicting my position on this matter to a degree that it appears purposeful. but yeah, ok, i'll give you the benefit of the doubt & presume good will on your part before i write my own answers.

By "you" I don't mean you in specific. I mean "you" in general (the people unwilling to take part in the debate and actually listen).

Now on you particularly I've noticed that you haven't been reading so why bother replying?

Also, I don't like assumptions made about me.

I don't want a politically correct nothing.

I don't particularly like things to be PC.

But mediocricity bores me. It's more of the same.

I'm always looking for people to bring me a different insight about things, and a lot of the times they do. But some men just repeat whatever they have been repeating since they were 12 ITS ALL OK MY DAD SAID ITS OK MY UNCLE SAID TOO SO IT MUST BE THIS, THIS IS IT< THIS IS WHATS LIKE TO BE A MAN.

(and then I have the imaginary vomit)

I'm not even trying to fight anything. I just thought an interesting discussion could happen, rather than this overall simplification of everything that is slightly insulting to my intelligence.

People are simply being too defensive. What a turn off.

None of you are dumb enough to think this is simply about some photos of naked women that 'insult' people. So why simplify it?

Also, nobody is reading. So there is no debate. All there is the eventual defensive post. Selective reading. (I don't think I've learnt that tecnique).

It leaves me wondering: do people not get me or do people don't want to get it?

Who knows.

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.03.2010, 12:14 PM   #304
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
Why don't you guys just counter the hot naked women with hot naked men? Fight fire with fire.

because most girls aren't knuckle draggers like you
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.03.2010, 12:21 PM   #305
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
Just another thing: it made me laugh a little that no one commented on the fact that women are rarely posting anymore, and many of them have clearly said (in one way or another) that this whole situation has something to do with it. Who cares right? Who needs women posting.

Old 06.03.2010, 12:23 PM   #306
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
Exactly.

NO GIRLS ALLOWED!!!!
Old 06.03.2010, 12:25 PM   #307
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Internet polieece sez no moer boobiez they hiurtz my eyez and my feelingz.

FUCKING FASCISTS
Old 06.03.2010, 12:30 PM   #308
space
expwy. to yr skull

space kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by knox
Just another thing: it made me laugh a little that no one commented on the fact that women are rarely posting anymore, and many of them have clearly said (in one way or another) that this whole situation has something to do with it. Who cares right? Who needs women posting.

I'm sorry, but I've brought that up so many times (prior to this thread), and it's just pointless, the people that don't understand, aren't going to, or just don't care.

part of me wants to think that if a female has made it "this far" on the internet, she should be toughened to the aspect of what it brings out in males; however, mostly, I agree with you, and although it's slightly stupid and wistful, I really do think that Sonic Youth fans should behave with more respect toward women. maybe it's because I love Kim Gordon, maybe it's because I just respect women, I don't know....

but yeah....not going to change people.

ps: this isn't about posting pictures of tits!
space is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.03.2010, 12:31 PM   #309
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Seriously though, guys.

One of the most extraordinary things about this board is it's complete lack of strict moderation. Anything goes here, and we all seem to get along greatly for the most part.

One could argue that to ensure perfect harmony, that we must contribute to a more harmonious community where everyone can feel safe, and have fun. But, you all know, deep down, that once you start saying one thing "isn't okay" then another thing quickly becomes "not okay", and then another, and another, and another... and pretty soon we might as well be posting on Nickelback Gossip.
Old 06.03.2010, 12:31 PM   #310
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I miss the ladies POV on everything.
Come back ladies! we will sequester our perversions!
Old 06.03.2010, 12:34 PM   #311
ni'k
invito al cielo

ni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Seriously though, guys.

One of the most extraordinary things about this board is it's complete lack of strict moderation. Anything goes here, and we all seem to get along greatly for the most part.

One could argue that to ensure perfect harmony, that we must contribute to a more harmonious community where everyone can feel safe, and have fun. But, you all know, deep down, that once you start saying one thing "isn't okay" then another thing quickly becomes "not okay", and then another, and another, and another... and pretty soon we might as well be posting on Nickelback Gossip.

no, because we aren't saying it isn't ok. we are just saying could you guys please keep it all in the one thread. it's not going to open the door to anything else, or else it would have happened before. it's just that recently it has gotten very frequent and bad and it's making the board nauseating for many of us.
Old 06.03.2010, 12:38 PM   #312
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

For the most part, it pretty much is kept in one thread. I mean, other than amerikangod talking about slaughtering women with his massive member, and Rob's appreciation of big asses every so often in the "comething comepletely irrelevant thread". But that's part of their gimmick, and we all love them for that.

All I wanna do is admire pretty goth girls, and make obviously sarcastic jokes with the fellas. I'll be damned if I'm gonna let anyone take that away from me. I mean, didn't SYG used to pride itself on how "hard" and "rarely offended" it's members were? When I first joined, I was led to believe that I would need thick skin to fit in here. Guess not.

Grow some balls, SYG. You're embarrassing me.
Old 06.03.2010, 12:41 PM   #313
space
expwy. to yr skull

space kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

good sir, I don't care what you do or say.

but do you not notice a distinct lack of females around these parts???

ask yrself "why?" sometime.

(not pointing fingers, just sayin')
space is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.03.2010, 12:45 PM   #314
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

There's a distinct lack of females on any internet forum.

I still see knox, ploesj, Satan, phoenix, and Deux posting here regularly. That's more females than most forums would ever dream of having.

Like the symbol guy said, it's not too hard to avoid reading/discussing things on here that you don't want to. If no one reacted to the sexism on here, or the reaction was mostly negative, then it would surely cease. But, the truth of the matter is, is that it's been demanded by many of the members on this board, and respected as quality entertainment. Democracy ftw.
Old 06.03.2010, 12:50 PM   #315
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I am down for keeping the freakfreak in a couple threads.

I think the fact that not that many ladies (as far as we kno, for screen names do not tell gender necesarily) are not here or leave is because of individual interactions with certain SYG members, more so than random tits and ass.

use the word FUCK. The word is love.
Old 06.03.2010, 12:50 PM   #316
ni'k
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by eugene
For the most part, it pretty much is kept in one thread. I mean, other than amerikangod talking about slaughtering women with his massive member, and Rob's appreciation of big asses every so often in the "comething comepletely irrelevant thread". But that's part of their gimmick, and we all love them for that.

All I wanna do is admire pretty goth girls, and make obviously sarcastic jokes with the fellas. I'll be damned if I'm gonna let anyone take that away from me. I mean, didn't SYG used to pride itself on how "hard" and "rarely offended" it's members were? When I first joined, I was led to believe that I would need thick skin to fit in here. Guess not.

i don't think any of the females who asked you keep gross stuff in the one thread are really interested in growing balls.

it's not really that important you prove how endowed with balls and think skin you are that you can't just keep certain images in the one thread is it?
Old 06.03.2010, 12:56 PM   #317
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Internet polieece sez no moer boobiez they hiurtz my eyez and my feelingz.

FUCKING FASCISTS
Look mate, nobody can stop you from posting what you like on here. There is a moderator for that. It would help if you saved face by coming across less like the real fascist because not everyone thinks like you do and they are not afraid to tell you.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.03.2010, 12:58 PM   #318
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

It's not about that, man. It's about this place being one of the most intelligent, and liberated communities on the internet, and you guys are trying to censor it, or tell people what to post, and where to post it under the disguise of "liberation". That truly sickens me.
Old 06.03.2010, 12:59 PM   #319
knox
invito al cielo

Quote:
There's a distinct lack of females on any internet forum.

I still see knox, ploesj, Satan, phoenix, and Deux posting here regularly. That's more females than most forums would ever dream of having.

Like the symbol guy said, it's not too hard to avoid reading/discussing things on here that you don't want to. If no one reacted to the sexism on here, or the reaction was mostly negative, then it would surely cease. But, the truth of the matter is, is that it's been demanded by many of the members on this board, and respected as quality entertainment. Democracy ftw.

really?
really?
hahahah
lol

fuck.

more females than the internet could ever dream of having.
LOL

thats the best one today.

democracy only suits some, right.

as if i ever get 'offended'

i have no hope for anyone sir.

Old 06.03.2010, 01:00 PM   #320
knox
invito al cielo

Quote:
It's not about that, man. It's about this place being one of the most intelligent, and liberated communities on the internet, and you guys are trying to censor it, or tell people what to post, and where to post it under the disguise of "liberation". That truly sickens me.

nobody is trying to censor anything.

in fact, one could argue that you're the one trying to censor the people who are free to say they DONT LIKE SOMETHING.

now deal with it. and stop moaning.

oh the female fascists blah blah boo hoo.

i mean you're not allowed to masturbate in public, im sure your 4th grade teacher told you that.
is that fascist?

131415 16 17181926 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth