Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page how much pot do you smoke in a given day?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.21.2016, 07:28 PM   #361
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Who the fuck are you, dicktaint?
I think we all know who it is and what is funny is he has to know how obvious it is!

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.23.2016, 12:06 PM   #362
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
In college I had a pothead girlfriend who pushed me to smoke when I didn't want to. She was some special kind of crazy. Never run into an adult female who tried to force me to smoke weed since then though.

My girlfriend likes her weed, but she goes through if very slowly. Everyday smoker? Yeah, probably. But not to the point of getting stupid stoned. She actually has a lot of pain problems and a very demanding job that kicks the shit out of her, and I'm glad she's the kind of person who can tolerate weed, and for whom weed acts as a painkiller. I wish I was that kind of person honestly, because whenever my back flares up or the tendons in my arm ache, or any of my other creaky parts start to creek, I rely on narcotics. Legal ones. Prescribed ones. But still, those things come with a whole host of side effects and dangers.

Weed is exponentially safer. Like... There's no way to measure how much safer weed is than opiates and benzodiazepines. If Weed is a 100 on the safe scale, benzos are like a 12 and opiates are not on the scale because they're closer to 100% UNSAFE. Speaking simply of course.

So glad my girlfriend hasn't had to deal with the weird pseudo-addict like lifestyle that even people who use their Rxs responsibly deal with. I use mine exactly as the bottle says and try to take less as often as possible. But still.. it's always a little bit of a rollercoaster.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.23.2016, 02:15 PM   #363
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
In college I had a pothead girlfriend who pushed me to smoke when I didn't want to. She was some special kind of crazy. Never run into an adult female who tried to force me to smoke weed since then though.

My girlfriend likes her weed, but she goes through if very slowly. Everyday smoker? Yeah, probably. But not to the point of getting stupid stoned. She actually has a lot of pain problems and a very demanding job that kicks the shit out of her, and I'm glad she's the kind of person who can tolerate weed, and for whom weed acts as a painkiller. I wish I was that kind of person honestly, because whenever my back flares up or the tendons in my arm ache, or any of my other creaky parts start to creek, I rely on narcotics. Legal ones. Prescribed ones. But still, those things come with a whole host of side effects and dangers.

Weed is exponentially safer. Like... There's no way to measure how much safer weed is than opiates and benzodiazepines. If Weed is a 100 on the safe scale, benzos are like a 12 and opiates are not on the scale because they're closer to 100% UNSAFE. Speaking simply of course.

So glad my girlfriend hasn't had to deal with the weird pseudo-addict like lifestyle that even people who use their Rxs responsibly deal with. I use mine exactly as the bottle says and try to take less as often as possible. But still.. it's always a little bit of a rollercoaster.

THIS is a significant reason why the NBA and NFL players associations are continually petitioning to allow for Medical Cannabis in pro-sports because SOOOOOOOOOOOOO many athletes use opiates and narcotic prescription meds even for minor aches, pains, and inflamation.

Old 02.23.2016, 02:42 PM   #364
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
I never really understood the whole insisting thing...it's annoying. Not jsut with weed though...like anything...alcohol, food, cleaning, and other drugs. fuck man...just leave me alone...damn.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.23.2016, 02:48 PM   #365
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real McCoy
Suchfriendsaredangerous is a wigga. White, middle-class, pretentious embarrassment who adopted African American culture making a complete ass of himself in the process. I respect American black culture by not trying to parody it in a misguided, pc posturing, farcical way.

fuck off keepingitsimple

he's actually a devoted church going/participating rastafari and educator so its hardly "posturing"
dead_battery is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.23.2016, 03:39 PM   #366
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
i am still sober and still as disgusted with the constant lies and damage of drug culture.

ironically it drove me to become a hardcore eliminativist and so i dont believe anything anyone says about what they think drugs do and how they can handle them. sorry, you dont have any access to whats going on in your brain and body other than the after effects and you dont have free will and cant control it

people talk about "experimenting" but they dont record their results and they aren't interested in scientific rigour, only folk romantic rebelliousness, hedonism etc. and when it ends in brain damage, misery, death, destruction, crime, poverty etc. they still refuse to think or seek the truth.

you're being harvested for profit by other people, we all are, but drugs are the worst way.
Old 02.23.2016, 04:18 PM   #367
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead_battery
fuck off keepingitsimple

he's actually a devoted church going/participating rastafari and educator so its hardly "posturing"
Haha thanks for the support, it is sincerely appreciated! One love to you my friend and brotha "across the pond" i hope all is well and improving for you

Old 02.23.2016, 04:20 PM   #368
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
i am still sober and still as disgusted with the constant lies and damage of drug culture.

ironically it drove me to become a hardcore eliminativist and so i dont believe anything anyone says about what they think drugs do and how they can handle them. sorry, you dont have any access to whats going on in your brain and body other than the after effects and you dont have free will and cant control it

people talk about "experimenting" but they dont record their results and they aren't interested in scientific rigour, only folk romantic rebelliousness, hedonism etc. and when it ends in brain damage, misery, death, destruction, crime, poverty etc. they still refuse to use think or seek the truth.

you're being harvested for profit by other people, we all are, but drugs are the worst way.

You Must Spread Some Reputation Before Giving It To dead_battery Again.

Old 02.24.2016, 12:47 PM   #369
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
I never really understood the whole insisting thing...it's annoying. Not jsut with weed though...like anything...alcohol, food, cleaning, and other drugs. fuck man...just leave me alone...damn.

Yeah no shit. I especially hate it with food. Like, when you're hanging out with someone and they're chewing down on some big disgusting sandwish and they start to try to force you to take a fucking bite?

This happenens so much at social gatherings where food is served. "Oh my god you have to try these cucumber & cream cheese melba snacks that my fingers have been all over" ... no ... "Oh but you've got to, here take a bite!" no thanks haha please get your hands out of my face you're making me vomit in my mouth...
Old 02.24.2016, 12:54 PM   #370
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:

people talk about "experimenting" but they dont record their results and they aren't interested in scientific rigour, only folk romantic rebelliousness, hedonism etc. and when it ends in brain damage, misery, death, destruction, crime, poverty etc. they still refuse to think or seek the truth.

This is excellent. Yes. I feel the same way. I still know people who talk about drugs like this. It's infuriating. As soon as something fucks with your neurotransmitters, you start to act differently. I don't care how many times you've driven on mushrooms, if you think you're safe doing it you're a goddamn fool.

Young people are the worst about this shit. Somewhere around age 20-22 they become the world's foremost authority on psychopharmacology, and they proudly lecture to anyone who will listen about what they've "know" from experience, and what they've read on Erowid, and it never occurs to them that what they're talking about might be more complex than what their dorm experiments have revealed to them.
Old 02.24.2016, 01:18 PM   #371
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

for young men it becomes about hedonistic or nihilistic machoism - i can handle more than you etc.

the thing is - up until modern science we just didnt know shit about the stuff we put into our bodies other than folk memories and 1st hand observation and still to this day every year a few people die in england from picking toxic mushrooms that look exactly like the edible ones.

so the sensible approach is to limit your consumption to tried and true substances and be hesitant about what you consume. dont even trust the doctors who get bribed by pharma which hides its trail results if they interfere with marketing. understand that addictive substances are the most profitable commodity in existence, so profitable that the state can't even handle them and that its literal war for most of the players in the game.

i mean, i will eat proteins fats carbs vitamins and minerals in the best doses i can. anything beyond that requires that you show me peer reviewed research or its something generic and low risk. i dont need to fuck around.

the drug culture should mature and let science do its thing and be skeptical and enquiring about the results. and dont convince yourself you can transcend neuro-chemical reality because you cant. noones gonna fix your brain damage, they are just gonna harvest you for profit until you die
Old 02.24.2016, 06:50 PM   #372
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
for young men it becomes about hedonistic or nihilistic machoism - i can handle more than you etc.

the thing is - up until modern science we just didnt know shit about the stuff we put into our bodies other than folk memories and 1st hand observation and still to this day every year a few people die in england from picking toxic mushrooms that look exactly like the edible ones.

so the sensible approach is to limit your consumption to tried and true substances and be hesitant about what you consume. dont even trust the doctors who get bribed by pharma which hides its trail results if they interfere with marketing. understand that addictive substances are the most profitable commodity in existence, so profitable that the state can't even handle them and that its literal war for most of the players in the game.

i mean, i will eat proteins fats carbs vitamins and minerals in the best doses i can. anything beyond that requires that you show me peer reviewed research or its something generic and low risk. i dont need to fuck around.

the drug culture should mature and let science do its thing and be skeptical and enquiring about the results. and dont convince yourself you can transcend neuro-chemical reality because you cant. noones gonna fix your brain damage, they are just gonna harvest you for profit until you die

I used to be one of those kids who humble bragged about how much I could drink, smoke, blah. A long, long time ago. Now I don't do anything illicit, and I take the absolute minimum of my prescriptions because I know that an Rx doesn't mean or even really suggest safety. I'd like to get to a place where I can handle my pain with diet and excercise and .. Fuck, I don't know... yoga.

But even at my dumbest and most naïve, I took a cautious approach to anything I tried. I have a reputation for being sober among my friends and family because I refuse to get loopy on anythjng, but being on medications, I know that my brain's being affected in ways I can't perceive while it's happening. Which is why I take extreme precaution not to drink or double dose or fuck around at all.

There have been several deaths just this year from overdoses in my county, which is small and relatively rural. It's a problem that I honestly don't believe will ever be solved. And as much as I respect and appreciate science, it's hard not to blame neuroscience and psychopharmacology and chemistry for a lot of the drug related issues the world faces. People tend to say it's "bad science" that leads to off label recommendations and early FDA approvals, but it's not that simple. I'm sure most of the white coats developing that shit are perfectly capable researchers and scientists. The problem is that they work for institutions that are either privately owned or affiliated, and the scientists don't necessarily have any say over what results are released to the public. Rather, the administrators, MBA's, CFO's, etc. make the call, based on earnings potential and other economic projections.

It's an entire culture that everyone is feeding. College kids buying e-bombs on the weekends, the research community, the medical and psychiatric professions, the government, the private sector. It's not going to change in our lifetime(s).
Old 02.24.2016, 08:13 PM   #373
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Haha thanks for the support, it is sincerely appreciated! One love to you my friend and brotha "across the pond" i hope all is well and improving for you

Hey man, I called the guy a dicktaint. That's gotta count for something.
Old 02.25.2016, 07:39 PM   #374
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper_green
that's cool.

but yeah, nothing to do with you but, the whole pain prescription nation thing is just out of control. those things are nasty. makes me sick thinking about it.

like cocaine, was great during the honeymoon but then the bitch slapping and the manipulating 'I hate you, I love you, lets fuck' thing kicked in. the handful of people that I know are 50/50. those who do shit pills and those that don't.

hard drugs are bad kids.

In my defense (even though I know you weren't on the offense), I was in three major car accidents in as many years, and I also had reconstructive surgery on my arm. I tried going without pain meds for a long time but as I got older it just made things really hard. So I take a positively microscopic amount of narcotic pain meds each day. I could have asked for more, because my body is definitely a bit narfed up. But instead I asked for the bare minimum.

I know people who don't have any surgeries, lasting injuries or physical conditions who take 3-5 times my dose.

I keep thinking one of these days I'll just wash my hands of it all, because that's what I want. But man... easier said than done. I'll certainly never increase my meds. Sure does fuck with my confidence sometimes though.. just the fact that I take them.
Old 02.25.2016, 07:51 PM   #375
Severian
invito al cielo

I always hated cocaine, man. That shit was evil as hell. It was fun ONCE: for the 45 minutes immediately following my first time doing it. Then it was awful. And when I dd it after that, I didn't even experience the good part because I was bracing myself for the comedown.

In terms cost vs. benefit, it's simply the single stupidest drug in the world to do.

I can't imagine being addicted to cocaine and thinking, when I'm coming down from a week long bender, my brain is a dopamine desert, praying for sweet death to take me away from my filthy self, that doing more cocaine would be a smart move! I mean... What the hell? Why don't those folks ever just get ahold of a shit fucking ton of Xanax to help with the comedown, and never touch Coke again?
Old 02.26.2016, 09:27 AM   #376
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper_green
sorry about yr pain Sev. I believe you but I lot of people use that as an excuse.

cocaine was awesome after the 10th time.

though I've never done crack. I believe it takes longer for THAT addiction to kick in too. the COME DOWN with coke gets worse each time and maybe it's the same with both crack and coke. don't know.

coke is such a shitty drug that will rob yr soul. and I don't regret doing it because I got sick of sitting on the bleachers and I decided to participate in it. cool for the experience but not cool for the aftermath.

need to watch those pain pills man. I say this because they have ruined friends and family im close to.

Yeah, I appreciate it man. I've been taking them for quite some time now, and I don't want to be taking them forever, so I've talked to my doctor about alternatives and I've started to test myself, skip doses when I'm not having a flair up, and I'm going back to physical therapy so that might help.

It's a tough thing to get away from once you've been in it for a while. Even if you're not abusing. I think that's the biggest misconception right there: that if you're doing what the doctor or the bottlle says, you're safe. Fucking wrong as shit. You develop a physiological dependency no matter what. It only takes a few consecutive days of taking any opiate for your body to start depending on it. And the next step from that is addiction, which is different psychologically, but still happens even when you're doing everything "right," which very few people who take any kind of narcotic actually do.
Old 03.08.2016, 03:33 PM   #377
Dr.Mambo
empty page

Dr.Mambo kicks all y'all's assesDr.Mambo kicks all y'all's assesDr.Mambo kicks all y'all's assesDr.Mambo kicks all y'all's assesDr.Mambo kicks all y'all's assesDr.Mambo kicks all y'all's assesDr.Mambo kicks all y'all's assesDr.Mambo kicks all y'all's assesDr.Mambo kicks all y'all's assesDr.Mambo kicks all y'all's assesDr.Mambo kicks all y'all's asses
I get drug tested randomly. So, not really ever. Used to all the time
Dr.Mambo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.08.2016, 04:50 PM   #378
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Cocaine was fucking awesome.....but it's only good for one thing. Partying....fortunately, I no longer like to party like that. I honestly was never big on drinking....I'm awful at it...and coke was there to allow me to drink more than like 6 beers....in retrospect....I don't really like partying(like that anyways). I like to hang out with my friends and just have a few and not like you know....get tanked to where I can't walk properly. Anyways...every now and then a buddy of mine offers, and if I had a couple in me already, the temptation is definitely there, but I know I don't need that now.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
161718 19
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth