Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page top 100 albums of the 00's
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.20.2009, 07:40 AM   #61
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Keeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's asses
I've clearly hit a nerve with some of the users of this board who know only too well what I'm talking about, and hate being tragic figures of fun on the net over their eulogising of painfully obscure, mostly unlistenable music only a handful of others have heard of.
Keeping It Simple is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.20.2009, 08:03 AM   #62
ni'k
invito al cielo

ni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's asses
so you find some music "painfully" obscure? that's just bizarre and stupid. and not in a good way. does it need to have a certain level of popularity for you not to feel self conciouss about listening to it. is it some sort of "oh i can't like this because not enough other people do so i don't make the right cultural statement about myself by listening to it" thing?

didn't you say earlier that this was the worst decade for treating music as a commodity rather than an inspirational art form, and yet you find music painful and attack people who listen to it if it isn't popular enough?

"tragic figures of fun on the net"? what? why should anyone worry about being made fun of for liking music that somebody else hasn't heard of?

methinks it is you that has the sore nerve. might i suggest a ceasefire in your war against the wire readers or whoever and turning that crossfire inwards until you wise up and stop douche-tarding up the thread because i ripped on you for saying the best band of the 00's was fleet foxes/british sea power back on page 1.
ni'k is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.20.2009, 08:11 AM   #63
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Keeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's asses
http://rateyourmusic.com/list/Kevvy/...e_a_music_snob
Old 11.20.2009, 06:51 PM   #64
samuel
the end of the ugly

samuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's asses
I think I could manage a top five...

1. The Glow Pt. 2 - The Microphones
2. Popular Songs - Yo La Tengo
3. Heart to Elk - Point Juncture, WA
4. Sonic Nurse - Sonic Youth
5. MACHINA II - Smashing Pumpkins (whatever)
samuel is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.20.2009, 09:15 PM   #65
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ni'k
so you find some music "painfully" obscure? that's just bizarre and stupid. and not in a good way. does it need to have a certain level of popularity for you not to feel self conciouss about listening to it. is it some sort of "oh i can't like this because not enough other people do so i don't make the right cultural statement about myself by listening to it" thing?

didn't you say earlier that this was the worst decade for treating music as a commodity rather than an inspirational art form, and yet you find music painful and attack people who listen to it if it isn't popular enough?

"tragic figures of fun on the net"? what? why should anyone worry about being made fun of for liking music that somebody else hasn't heard of?

methinks it is you that has the sore nerve. might i suggest a ceasefire in your war against the wire readers or whoever and turning that crossfire inwards until you wise up and stop douche-tarding up the thread because i ripped on you for saying the best band of the 00's was fleet foxes/british sea power back on page 1.

thanks for being bothered to reply to stupidity
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.20.2009, 09:20 PM   #66
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeping It Simple

great that that guy took time to make a list about a describing a pretty much fictional category of people. how fucking old are you?
some people just like weirder stuff than you, get fucking over it.
Old 11.21.2009, 01:03 AM   #67
SYRFox
invito al cielo

SYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ni'k
pseudo muso? so they aren't really muso's? what's a muso?

"wire-reading" WHAT CUNTS! THEY READ THE WIRE! WHAT SCUM!

"poseurs?" what are they posing as? knowing more than you about music? reading the wire? posing at being a muso who reads the wire? how do you know they don't read the wire and have something to do with music? is it because you are the real anti wire - wire reading anti muso - muso who is against hating popular mainstream music just because it's popular and mainstream but still is clued in enough to know that it is mainstream. are you this mighty king?

keep fighting the good message board fight. you'll win in the end.
ahahah repped
SYRFox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.21.2009, 09:32 AM   #68
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
great that that guy took time to make a list about a describing a pretty much fictional category of people. how fucking old are you?
some people just like weirder stuff than you, get fucking over it.

I'll get you a "Music Snob" t-shirt for xmas. This is what is on the t-shirt.

Old 11.21.2009, 05:16 PM   #69
dionysusundone
the end of the ugly

dionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard sucka
Goth Pop and Instrumental Hip Hop are real genres. Fail.
Old 11.22.2009, 07:41 PM   #70
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Quote:

whatever makes you feel good i suppose
Old 11.22.2009, 07:47 PM   #71
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dionysusundone
Goth Pop and Instrumental Hip Hop are real genres. Fail.

and you could say that "skate folk" is an apt term for something like gogol bordello, and "ambient metal" pretty much describes stuff like sunn o))), nortt, and the more slow and droney end of doom/black metal crossover
Old 11.22.2009, 11:35 PM   #72
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

music snobs like mash-up bands?

news to me
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.22.2009, 11:42 PM   #73
SuperCreep
expwy. to yr skull

SuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's asses
hipster irony.

SuperCreep is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.23.2009, 12:05 AM   #74
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Keeping It Simple:

What's really funny is that you're accusing others of being music snobs and being insufferable cunts, when you're acting like a huge music snob and an insufferable cunt.

You seem to be rather quick to a completely uninformed opinion about this decade, when it really seems that you haven't explored this decade's music.

I don't see how a lot of the bands that have been mentioned who are all that painfully obscure. In this age, nothing's obscure. It's all a matter of where you get your news from.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.23.2009, 02:12 AM   #75
dionysusundone
the end of the ugly

dionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
and you could say that "skate folk" is an apt term for something like gogol bordello, and "ambient metal" pretty much describes stuff like sunn o))), nortt, and the more slow and droney end of doom/black metal crossover

Yeah I was thinking about those too. Skate folk could even be like that folk-punk shit. Industrial Soul, I've seen that term in reviews before too, for stuff like the early Frontline Assembly junk or something.
Old 11.23.2009, 02:29 AM   #76
alteredcourse
expwy. to yr skull

alteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's asses
I'd rather never hear the words "skate folk" ever again. The actual content is different.

Edit, or the older "folk-punk" or anything attatched to the word "punk" or...haha, industrial soul, Really?

I've really enjoyed some frontline assembly. They were perfect for a particularly mind phasering time in my life where bathroom stalls and acid were my classrooms. Theres this one time where I could swear that there was this intense night-long programming of variously orchestrated experimental sounds going on inside the intro to this one song, but all it turned out to be was a 5 second segment of bleeps and blops. oops?
alteredcourse is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.23.2009, 02:37 AM   #77
dionysusundone
the end of the ugly

been there dude
Old 11.23.2009, 02:40 AM   #78
alteredcourse
expwy. to yr skull

alteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's asses
and ?
Old 11.23.2009, 02:58 AM   #79
dionysusundone
the end of the ugly

and it ruled.
Old 11.23.2009, 03:00 AM   #80
alteredcourse
expwy. to yr skull

Do you ever feel like its way harder to invent a meaning to life, when before all you had to do was do shit like that and cause distraction ?

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth