Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page They did it for coco?!?!?!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.10.2006, 12:13 AM   #1
MusicIsMySavior34
little trouble girl

MusicIsMySavior34 has much to be proud ofMusicIsMySavior34 has much to be proud ofMusicIsMySavior34 has much to be proud ofMusicIsMySavior34 has much to be proud ofMusicIsMySavior34 has much to be proud ofMusicIsMySavior34 has much to be proud ofMusicIsMySavior34 has much to be proud ofMusicIsMySavior34 has much to be proud of
Yeah, you all say that. But do you just say it to make yourselves more comfortable with the bands indie image? How do you all know kim isnt a fan of gilmore girls, i know my girlfriends mom watches it religiously. For all we know, Kim watches it every night and makes thurston watch it too, it could be a family thing. You all just say "its for coco" to keep thy holy image of the band.
MusicIsMySavior34 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.10.2006, 12:14 AM   #2
Richard Pryor on Fire
100%

Richard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's asses
meh, who cares?

http://pissingaway.blogspot.com/
Richard Pryor on Fire is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.10.2006, 02:51 AM   #3
ShermanLoper
little trouble girl

ShermanLoper kicks all y'all's assesShermanLoper kicks all y'all's assesShermanLoper kicks all y'all's assesShermanLoper kicks all y'all's assesShermanLoper kicks all y'all's assesShermanLoper kicks all y'all's assesShermanLoper kicks all y'all's assesShermanLoper kicks all y'all's assesShermanLoper kicks all y'all's assesShermanLoper kicks all y'all's assesShermanLoper kicks all y'all's asses
I watch it. I happen to be male. I agree with Mr. Pryor - Who cares. But we're all talking about it on this forum so...
ShermanLoper is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.10.2006, 03:20 AM   #4
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
what the fuck is the gilmore girls?
Old 05.10.2006, 04:51 AM   #5
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
i used to watch it, i watched the whole of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd seriers, but its too repetitive, and completely unbelieveable.

also, whats actually the storyline for kim and co being in the episode?
screamingskull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.10.2006, 05:59 AM   #6
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by screamingskull
i used to watch it, i watched the whole of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd seriers, but its too repetitive, and completely unbelieveable.

also, whats actually the storyline for kim and co being in the episode?
the town trubedore left to try and be famous and all these people were trying to copy him and play music in the streets. that's were snoic youth came into play. they were playin music on the sidewalk
finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.10.2006, 07:07 AM   #7
toneburst20
empty page

toneburst20 has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
I Had Read An Article On This Show And Supposedly The Couple Who Created And Write The Show Are Leaving And This Was Their Last Show. They Asked A Bunch Of Musicians That They Like To Be On The Show. Some Like Sy And Yo La Tengo Agreed. Thats How They Were On
toneburst20 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.10.2006, 08:54 AM   #8
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicIsMySavior34
Yeah, you all say that. But do you just say it to make yourselves more comfortable with the bands indie image? How do you all know kim isnt a fan of gilmore girls, i know my girlfriends mom watches it religiously. For all we know, Kim watches it every night and makes thurston watch it too, it could be a family thing. You all just say "its for coco" to keep thy holy image of the band.

I'm a 51-year-old white male who tunes in regularly to the show. I mean, I have fits when my wife flips through channels during commercial breaks because I don't want to miss any of it. I really dig it! Yeah, it's stupid a lot of times, especially in scenes having much to do with the town's weird peripheral characters. But it has funny pop cultural references, and Lane and Rory are into very cool music.

Nobody should have to apololgize for being a fan of anything they want to be a fan of. I have friends into Ultimate Fighting, and while I don't like it, I don't give them shit for it and decline their invitations to come over and drink beer and watch UFC action. I wonder what they'd say if I invited them over for Gilmore Girls!!

I do have a life, and I don't watch much TV. But I would wear a Gilmore Girls T-shirt as proudly as I wear my "Confusion is Sex" T-shirt. I think it's fun.
gmku is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.10.2006, 08:58 AM   #9
candymoan
the end of the ugly

candymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's asses
i enjoy the show whenever i run into it..
it had nice indie references, and occasional funny dialogue..
it's great SY is involved..

not a big deal...

*/**
nothing here...

candymoan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.10.2006, 11:12 AM   #10
SolidZach
children of satan

SolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentata
Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicIsMySavior34

Good point,

I cant beleive I watched that show for an hour just to see kim, thurston, and coco play for about 15 seconds.
SolidZach is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.10.2006, 01:45 PM   #11
Magic Wheel Memory
the end of the ugly

Magic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's asses
Nobody knows why they did it. In an earlier post, I said Coco probably enjoyed it, and that alone is a good reason to do it. Of course, any reason is a good reason. There's nothing wrong with appearing on a sitcom!
Magic Wheel Memory is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.10.2006, 04:09 PM   #12
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
a lot of parents do stuff for their kids. they just did it on a larger scale.
Old 05.10.2006, 06:06 PM   #13
m^a(t)h
expwy. to yr skull

m^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard sucka
If anyone didnt want to be there it was Coco. She was easily the most cool out of all three of them. She looked like she felt uncomfortable in those ridicules clothes playing a bass not even plugged in....
m^a(t)h is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.10.2006, 06:29 PM   #14
hey alex
the end of the ugly

hey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Pryor on Fire
meh, who cares?
yep
Duran Duran's 1995 covers album Thank You was recently voted the worst album of all time by a Q magazine poll. Although we respectfully disagree (Sonic Youth's NYC Ghosts & Flowers is clearly the worst album of all time) -Pitchfork (hahahah!)

Here's a myspace of my music and 4-track ramblings
the electric kites--the jamz of me n my friends
hey alex is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.10.2006, 08:08 PM   #15
samuel
the end of the ugly

samuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's asses
I thought it was neat that Thurston, Kim, and Coco did this. It's not like they were trying to advertise Rather Ripped or anything. They were on for less than a minute and if I didn't know who Sonic Youth were, I would have no idea that that was them. I didn't think any of them looked ridiculous or embarrassing. And I liked the way Kim was jumping.

The show wasn't dedicated for Sonic Youth. Thurston, Kim, and Coco just made an appearance. And it obviously helped out a little for the ratings because many of you all decided to watch it.

I don't know, I'm glad I got to see it.
samuel is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.10.2006, 08:11 PM   #16
samuel
the end of the ugly

samuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Evol

I think they look awesome.
samuel is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.10.2006, 08:34 PM   #17
SolidZach
children of satan

SolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentata
sonic youth is the greastest thing that ever happened to gilmore girls.
SolidZach is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.10.2006, 09:14 PM   #18
Forensic Scene
bad moon rising

Forensic Scene kicks all y'all's assesForensic Scene kicks all y'all's assesForensic Scene kicks all y'all's assesForensic Scene kicks all y'all's assesForensic Scene kicks all y'all's assesForensic Scene kicks all y'all's assesForensic Scene kicks all y'all's assesForensic Scene kicks all y'all's assesForensic Scene kicks all y'all's assesForensic Scene kicks all y'all's assesForensic Scene kicks all y'all's asses
Musicis mysavoir needs to get a life. Who cares? If Kim likes the show, then great. For all i give a shit, I hope fuckin Lee goes over to steves house and watch the show with chan marshall and Nels cline. I hope they all fucking love the show. Me, personally, i am not a fan. Who cares if they did it for Coco or not. They did it and it did not lower their indy attitude or status. WHo gives a fuck about being indie anyways? Its about making good music, not about the genre. Yes, being indeoendent is better and more trusting, however "indie" is such a stupid referenced genre that is really dumb and you prolly tihnk your really cool, b/c kids at school or guys at work call you "indie". Fuck indie and fuck you. goodnight.

p.s. I love you musicismysavoir.
Forensic Scene is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.10.2006, 11:20 PM   #19
flophousefloozie
expwy. to yr skull

flophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forensic Scene
Musicis mysavoir needs to get a life. Who cares? If Kim likes the show, then great. For all i give a shit, I hope fuckin Lee goes over to steves house and watch the show with chan marshall and Nels cline. I hope they all fucking love the show. Me, personally, i am not a fan. Who cares if they did it for Coco or not. They did it and it did not lower their indy attitude or status. WHo gives a fuck about being indie anyways? Its about making good music, not about the genre. Yes, being indeoendent is better and more trusting, however "indie" is such a stupid referenced genre that is really dumb and you prolly tihnk your really cool, b/c kids at school or guys at work call you "indie". Fuck indie and fuck you. goodnight.

p.s. I love you musicismysavoir.

finally someone said something i agree with entirely...
flophousefloozie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth