Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Roundhouse - Friday
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.02.2007, 10:40 AM   #21
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
i was aprehensive about it but i was really impressed and i thought they where excellent. the trilogy was fantastic.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.02.2007, 10:48 AM   #22
farmhouse
bad moon rising

farmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's asses
yes, agreed. the trilogy was my highlight from friday . . and schizophrenia.
farmhouse is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.02.2007, 12:19 PM   #23
Bertrand
expwy. to yr skull

Bertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's asses
diamondsea told me the previous night, Thurston hadn't spoken a word during the DDN set.
It happened again friday (to repeat itself saturday).
That was a bit odd.
When the encore got played, he then spoke to the crowd.
I really enjoyed the show. The sound for me was great, Steve Shelley's performance wonderful (Cross the Breeze and more).
Highlights were Breeze, Joni, Kissability, Jams (Steve Shelley one more time) and Pink Steam, the into of which seems to stretch more and more in a beautiful way.
I liked Providence by the way; it was Thurston playing with the Watt tape. "Thurston?" was repeated quite a few times, which was funny.
On the whole it was a bit (I mentioned that the following night to _slavo_) as if we were watching a wrestle game. On one side, the audience favourites, DDN, on the other, the band's new faves, the RR songs. No winner, but I felt the RR show was a tad better in that band members enjoyed that a lot - not that they played DDN badly - far far from that.
To lalie : Kim was wearing the same outfit she was wearing in Paris.
Bertrand is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.02.2007, 12:38 PM   #24
zhivago
empty page

zhivago has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicfit
Good question.
Am I wrong or those three London show were supposed to be "officially" recorded for a dvd or something??

I saw them on Friday and Saturday...the Saturday show was definitely being filmed...there was a camera on a tripod in the soundman's box...I dunno if there were other cameras around though...
zhivago is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.02.2007, 12:58 PM   #25
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhivago
I saw them on Friday and Saturday...the Saturday show was definitely being filmed...there was a camera on a tripod in the soundman's box...I dunno if there were other cameras around though...
Thanks for the infos, and welcome on the board!
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.02.2007, 01:47 PM   #26
nick2767
bad moon rising

nick2767 kicks all y'all's assesnick2767 kicks all y'all's assesnick2767 kicks all y'all's assesnick2767 kicks all y'all's assesnick2767 kicks all y'all's assesnick2767 kicks all y'all's assesnick2767 kicks all y'all's assesnick2767 kicks all y'all's assesnick2767 kicks all y'all's assesnick2767 kicks all y'all's assesnick2767 kicks all y'all's asses
Agree with with everyone's thoughts here. It was a great show. The guitars sounded awesome - really loud but crisp.

Lots of highlights - first couple of tracks, total trash sounding funky(!), the trilogy. I was impressed with the RR tracks. They sounded really good live. The only downside for me is that I've not had the chance to see a RR set (and I doubt I will). But then again RR live wouldn't have pulled 9000 punters.

Schizophrenia was a bit lacklustre. Lee seemed to mess it around a bit.
nick2767 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.02.2007, 02:28 PM   #27
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
It was great, i got to meet Phil (h8kurdt) finally after years of talking on msn, Danny (Dannyhimself), Jon (jonboy), Racehorse who has the prettiest eye's and greatest hair ever! and Tom (toilet and bowels).
screamingskull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.02.2007, 02:33 PM   #28
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Himself
I was too excited to even consider taking out my camera during the daydream set..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=S0tnWUxy0Mc

Here's some noise I recorded.

I beleive i would have been smacking into the back of your head for most of the second half of the gig Danny.
Looking at some of those videos makes me kinda wish i hadnt been jumping around and stuff but had just stood somewhere and listened a bit more. Still, once in a lifetime eh.
the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.02.2007, 02:35 PM   #29
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
HA danny is that my head in the way there ^ ??????
Old 09.02.2007, 02:46 PM   #30
lalie
bad moon rising

lalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertrand
To lalie : Kim was wearing the same outfit she was wearing in Paris.

Merci Bertrand. Et aussi merci pour le cd, c'était vraiment une gentille attention de ta part.
Fais moi signe quand il y a un concert intéressant ŕ Paris, je suis sűre que tu connais beaucoup de bons groupes.

lalie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.02.2007, 03:56 PM   #31
zhivago
empty page

zhivago has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Thanks for the infos, and welcome on the board!

hey thank you
zhivago is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.02.2007, 04:16 PM   #32
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
i was skeptical about these shows, and i only got a ticket at the last minute on the day of the show itself, but i'm so glad i did, i loved it, it's totally reinvigorated my love for SY which had waned considerably after the last 2 LPs, anyway, i thought the RR songs sounded totally bog standard in comparison to the DDN stuff, and it was obvious which the crowd enjoyed more.
i briefly got to meet racehorse, danny, screaming skull & co after the show and was a bit disappointed that you guys all scarpered so quickly.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.02.2007, 04:31 PM   #33
screamingskull
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels is intimidating and tall in person!
Old 09.02.2007, 07:07 PM   #34
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by screamingskull
HA danny is that my head in the way there ^ ??????

You bet. I was nestled in between you and that other guy with Jon Boy behind me, but I forgot you were there and you eclipsed Lee. No worries though..

Quote:
Originally Posted by toilet, bowels
briefly got to meet racehorse, danny, screaming skull & co after the show and was a bit disappointed that you guys all scarpered so quickly.

We had to catch our last tube to the hotel, sorry about that. Your midnight snack looked truly disgusting, though I've never met anybody that can look so nonchalant and suave as you in a chinese chip shop in the middle of night.
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.02.2007, 07:10 PM   #35
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
what camera did you use? It's kinda nnoying how the sound goes off while zooming ...but it looks good.

A cheapo (well, not exactly cheap, but nothing professional) Samsung D75. It's not really built to be a video camera but you'd expect Samsung to pick up on that zoom/vol problem. I'm really pissed off because my Turquoise Boy footage is sorta useless without the audio.
Old 09.03.2007, 01:13 AM   #36
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
oh, I see, well, there's always the "synch your video with the audio of a nice bootleg when it will surface" option.
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.03.2007, 03:34 AM   #37
Bertrand
expwy. to yr skull

Bertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalie
Merci Bertrand. Et aussi merci pour le cd, c'était vraiment une gentille attention de ta part.
Fais moi signe quand il y a un concert intéressant ŕ Paris, je suis sűre que tu connais beaucoup de bons groupes.

OK d'acc !
A +
Bertrand is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.06.2007, 07:07 AM   #38
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhivago

I didn't see any cameras on stage or at the front during any of the nights... so maybe just that one camera then.
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.07.2007, 09:23 AM   #39
shakeyjake
empty page

shakeyjake has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
hey i was there on friday most amazing gig i saw them perform both nights at ATP but this was even better
highlights for me were the sprawl cross the breeze and the whole of trilogy
specially everyone shouting along with cross the breeze
does anyone know if there is any decent audio or video recordings of it cos i will love to hear it
not sure how if these pictures will work i got a whole tonne of them if anyone is interested...

(turns out they dont work)

heres a facebook link if u have it
http://oxford.facebook.com/photo.php...99&id=36817556
shakeyjake is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.07.2007, 12:53 PM   #40
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakeyjake
does anyone know if there is any decent audio or video recordings of it cos i will love to hear it

A recording exists- as far as I know every show is taped at the sound board. Keep checking here and the dimeadozen news thread in 'sonic sharing', it should surface soon..

I have video for everyone to see but without a decent audio clip to sync it I'm witholding it for the time being. You can have a sneak peek at www.youtube.com/jrnls80s to see what the video quality is like.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth