Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Windows 7 - Sound Card Recording
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.25.2013, 03:57 AM   #1
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Does anyone know if there is an easy route to record from the sound card on Windows 7 without hearing external noises? I have tried several approaches but they didn't work. The internal microphone is powerful enough if I point the laptop to my guitar's amplifier, even more so if I plug in an external mike. I'd just like to record layers without having to work on improving the way they sound too much.

Thank you.

~Jeremy~
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.25.2013, 09:18 AM   #2
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
Does anyone know if there is an easy route to record from the sound card on Windows 7 without hearing external noises? I have tried several approaches but they didn't work. The internal microphone is powerful enough if I point the laptop to my guitar's amplifier, even more so if I plug in an external mike. I'd just like to record layers without having to work on improving the way they sound too much.

Thank you.

~Jeremy~
i don't know where you found this but it's funny. a little cruel but funny.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.25.2013, 09:25 AM   #3
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Help Me Please!!
Old 07.25.2013, 09:27 AM   #4
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
ha ha ha
Old 07.25.2013, 10:24 AM   #5
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

okay i'll play (briefly)

jeremy, the problem you have is because the Windows 7 sound card has no barrier between itself and the outside. therefore all kinds of noises get recorded as well.

what you need to do is install a firewall and make sure to close all ports except for the microphone port. in this way the external sound will stay out and your recording will be clean. i recommend the norton personal firewall product if you can still find it. norton is the best!

you can also place a magnet or magnets next to your external microphone cables. you want to orient them north/south perpendicular to the cable. this will reduce any interference from nearby radiation (e.g., the sun) which may interfere with your recording, because the magnets will absorb any extra radiation. when you're finished recording, wash your magnets with salt water so they are ready to work for the next time.

best wishes!
Old 07.25.2013, 11:14 AM   #6
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses

dead_battery is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.25.2013, 01:11 PM   #7
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
okay i'll play (briefly)

jeremy, the problem you have is because the Windows 7 sound card has no barrier between itself and the outside. therefore all kinds of noises get recorded as well.

what you need to do is install a firewall and make sure to close all ports except for the microphone port. in this way the external sound will stay out and your recording will be clean. i recommend the norton personal firewall product if you can still find it. norton is the best!

you can also place a magnet or magnets next to your external microphone cables. you want to orient them north/south perpendicular to the cable. this will reduce any interference from nearby radiation (e.g., the sun) which may interfere with your recording, because the magnets will absorb any extra radiation. when you're finished recording, wash your magnets with salt water so they are ready to work for the next time.

best wishes!

~ thank you ~

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth