Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Orphan Fairytale clip online at myspace
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.21.2006, 06:41 AM   #1
Jef Mertens
100%

Jef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's asses
Hi guys,

been working on some new stuff for the Ultra Eczema label from Dennis Tyfus. I have a short clip of the performance by Orphan Fairytale online at myspace page - link in my signature

She's probably not really known to you guys but check it out nonetheless.

Jef Mertens is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.21.2006, 07:14 AM   #2
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
Interesting stuff Jef. Nice one!
Have you heard anything from SY, concerning the Elegy from the Hearts DVD? It looks cool.
Old 09.21.2006, 08:09 AM   #3
Jef Mertens
100%

Jef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokolosh
Have you heard anything from SY, concerning the Elegy from the Hearts DVD? It looks cool.

Haven't heard anything yet no. It's a little bit small scale that dvd I think, besides a couple of screenings soon, I don't think as far as sending out copies anytime near. It doesn't really have that production like the one you made.

I am though pretty excited about that new stuff I'm doing. This saturday will see Sunburned perform without amplifiers for an afternoon exlusive session at the exhibition, be shooting that. Afterwards traveling with the band to Brussels to shoot their performance there.

Old 09.21.2006, 09:24 AM   #4
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
Cool. Have fun and let us know how it went.
Old 09.27.2006, 03:32 AM   #5
Jef Mertens
100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokolosh
Cool. Have fun and let us know how it went.

The performance they did at the gallery was quite amazing: they used all the spaces starting downstairs where they were all moaning like zombies pulling each other round the floor. One by one they started going upstairs and started percussions and bells. Paul, Moloney and another guy went into the pit construction and started to do a hell of a performance with stone debris wooden sticks, gloves, glass and so on... while one guy was running around downstairs arod the pit construction - crazy. We taped with three persons --- have yet to fully check my footage.

All this was in the afternoon, afterwards I took the train to Brussels and met up with everyone there. First up was Hardline Elephants, this time with Dennis Tyfus. A geat performance that one lasting up to 4 minutes with reggea hardcore, noise and mucid drooling.
Sunburnbed started there performance with Moloney picking a fight with the rest of the band. An hour long set with great performances, horse masks and loads of freaky goody stuff. All in all a great set but nothing was ever comparable to that afternoon set.

This Thursday will see Mauro Antonio Pawlovski and one go for an hour of free improv. Starts at 8! doors close, come early.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth