Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Fuckin' roommates...
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.18.2007, 03:34 AM   #1
CHOUT
invito al cielo

CHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's asses
Just gotta vent...

One of our roommates left a pretty scathing note on the board in the kitchen tonight...calling the rest of us us pigs and saying maybe we should move back in with our parents if we can't act like adults...

Saying everyone makes messes and doesn't take out the garbage...well, that's between him and the other guy who lives upstairs, not everybody, I live in the basement with another person, and what we do down here is our fucking business...I'm never upstairs...I go in the door and right down into my room.

I think he's being a passive-agressive prick given all the times he has had the option to speak to us about any issues about this house.

Fuck him anyway, I try to talk to him and be friendly and he gives nothing back.

CHOUT is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.18.2007, 07:37 AM   #2
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
i had a housemate that stole all my food, i know its a common gripe but she literally cleaned out the fridge. to top it all off she then made a hat for me out of the empty boxes and cried when i wouldnt wear it. she had to go to the doctors soon after that.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.18.2007, 07:50 AM   #3
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
I used to share a house with three other guys, two of whom were the laziest most ignorant good-for-nothing twats the world has ever seen. One would go away every weekend and leave his clock radio to switch on at 6 o'clock in the morning, and could never understand why it was unplugged when he came back. The other was unable to enter any room without switching the light on, regardless of what time of day it was, but could never be bothered to switch them off again. Both of them would also just put dirty dishes in the sink and never wash them up. The fourth housemate and I reached a stage where kept one set each of cutlery and crockery in our rooms and allowed the sink to pile up with dirty washing - the lazy twats, once they had run out of clean crockery, took to eating microwave meals straight from the packaging they came in.

One day the other non-idiot flatmate got home from work to find the front door wide open and no-one home. One of the idiot flatmates had been running late that morning and left the house without remembering to shut the door. Quite how my stereo and CDs came to still be there when I got home I will never know. It was only after we moved out of the house that the other non-idiot told me about that incident, because he knew that if I knew I would probably have done my best to beat the living daylights out of the idiot who left house open for anyone to walk into.
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.18.2007, 08:04 AM   #4
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Living with girls is infinitely preferable to men, but theres the perennial issue of the toilet seat, one girl got so mad with me she wrote "PUT THE TOILET SEAT DOWN" in purple lipstick on the tiles behind the loo, it was very Shining-esque
Needless to say i purposely left it up every time from then on.
the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.18.2007, 08:21 AM   #5
Washing Machine
expwy. to yr skull

Washing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by the ikara cult
Living with girls is infinitely preferable to men, but theres the perennial issue of the toilet seat, one girl got so mad with me she wrote "PUT THE TOILET SEAT DOWN" in purple lipstick on the tiles behind the loo, it was very Shining-esque
Needless to say i purposely left it up every time from then on.

Even as a guy that annoys the hell out of me. Worst still is when people dont bother to flush the damn thing. They dont appreciate that even if you just take a piss it needs to be flushed.

I'm lucky when I go to uni next year im having an en-suite. The only thing we have to share is the kitchen/living area. I like the people im living with anyway so its not such a big deal.

Im glad to see im not the only one annoyed by people turning a light on when im in the room. Im the kind of guy that has the blinds closed all day and my room is lit solely by my PC screen....The Light It burns!!!!
Old 04.18.2007, 08:25 AM   #6
SynthethicalY
invito al cielo

SynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's asses
I am moving to a dorm next year, so hopefully it goes well.
SynthethicalY is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.18.2007, 09:10 AM   #7
Onani Nic
the end of the ugly

Onani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's asses
In my first year of university (i'm now in third) I lived on student accomodation in a town-house with three other people. One was a 40 year old Indian school teacher who had lived with his parents all his life. Friendly guy but a nightmare to live with. He left massive turds in the toilet (HUGE ones as he saved it up until he had his daily shower), left hair everywhere (he was the hairest guy i've ever seen),pissed on the seat (wasn't used to western toilets) and I swear once I found a piece of shit on my towel as must have got them mixed up.

We had to leave him notes for him to work on his aim and to flush the toilet as it was too weird discussing such issues with a 40 year old, especially since I was only 17.
Old 04.18.2007, 09:24 AM   #8
fishmonkey
invito al cielo

fishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's asses
i live with a couple but they are like my 2 bestie buddies, so to be honest i never really have any bother with em at all, just the usual arguming over the remote control and playstation and all that, but never anything big.

i'm moving out this weekend though and back to live with me Daddie!! awww
Old 04.18.2007, 09:25 AM   #9
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
I live by myself. Ah, the bliss of solitarytude....
Old 04.18.2007, 10:30 AM   #10
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
a friend of mine used to say "the best roomate is the one you never see". & how right.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.18.2007, 10:33 AM   #11
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
The non-idiot housemate that I referred to in my earlier thread is a great guy. When we quit the idiot house we rented another place, just the two of us, for two years, and we had a great time. The only reason we moved out of there was that we both decided it was time to get on the housing ladder. We live about forty miles apart now, but we still meet up for a beer and a gossip once or twice a month.
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.18.2007, 11:14 AM   #12
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
a friend of mine used to say "the best roomate is the one you never see". & how right.

Definitely. This is from one year in a dormatory
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.18.2007, 11:48 AM   #13
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
agreed with that, i try and keep a respectful distance from the people i live with, i dont feel too close to them and thats fine with me. If i started getting close to them arguements might flare up.
I hated living in halls of residence, you just see the same people every sodding mealtime, you get sick of some people who you would get on well with if you saw them maybe once or twice a week.
the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.18.2007, 03:53 PM   #14
Norma J
invito al cielo

Norma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's asses
I move out tomorrow. With three other people. Ones my girlfriend so that's ok. I'm difficult at the best of times... well I can get pissed off at the littlest of things. I'm a clean guy and very respectful of others, but I sure do get the shits when others aren't the same back and little things erk me. So it'll be a test, and hopefully a learning curve in life for me. I'm more talking about the other two here, not my girlfriend, we already live together basically. I live a fair drive out of town, and I'll be in town as of tomorrow, so I'll be close to friends and alot closer to do band stuff and just about everything that now requires a lengthy, tiring drive to do. Save my car too not driving so much.
Old 04.18.2007, 04:24 PM   #15
Style
stalker

Style kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's asses
When I went to university, I only lived in the dorms for one semester, as a transfer it was required of you to live on campus for only your first semester.

I lucked out, since i got a private dorm, no roommates, and best of all, a private bathroom.

It actually worked out pretty good, since my bio partner who has a hot female didn't like to shower in a public bathroom, so she'd just come over and shower at my room.

I'm looking to go back to school for next year, art school this time, since i already went to a "real" school. I'll be living on campus, so i'm hoping for as good of an experience as possible. Although I will be 24 then, and it's kind of wierd living in a dorm once again, but since I'll be going to school out of state, I don't really want to invest in buying a house there.
Style is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth