Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page louder's hip-hop café II
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.14.2013, 02:35 PM   #901
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
yeah, i fuck with the Beasties. on the other hand, can't Eminem just go away?.

I always wished he had. Its like, guy wasn't that great a rapper, his flow and delivery sounded way too fake. His first singles seemed too much like parody rap to ever be taken seriously, I was surprised to find out that he wanted us to do such. Meh. I consider him like I do rappers like Wayne, all flash no substance. Pop music is meant to be shallow, empty, and meaningless, like the kind of shit you hear in an elevator or sitting in the chair at the dentist.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.14.2013, 03:29 PM   #902
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverasskiss
why in tha hell would they remix it? just fine like it is. "Heaterz" is the biggest, hardest engulfing Wu banger ever.
haha no, it's a new Drake song titled "Wu-Tang Forever". the song doesn't really have that much to do with the Wu though, so the fans are quite upset.
louder is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.14.2013, 10:57 PM   #903
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Check Your Head is my favorite Beasties album, followed closely by Ill Communications. I know it's hip to like Paul's Boutique more, but even growing up with them, those 2 albums blew my mind.
Old 09.15.2013, 12:38 AM   #904
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Jericho flesh build walls around my mind from a speck of dust
To my exodus to the black holes
To the nebulas I hear mystic messengers in raindrops

Quote:
What’s that falling fiery rings I am king
From higher heights I sit beyond the neon cloud
For eons my name rings out loud the future is now
Eternal life is in the journal I write
Exit I exist as one there is none besides the son
Beyond boundaries without change of movement
Only elements and ruins concealed within myself
Thoughts of a seahorse submerge deep in the cosmic water
I breathe the source of life the force planets small to gigantic
Gave them commandments the wings of the wind
Fly by flappin across the entire atlas
Quote:
Abraham never died.. he lives in the birthright of the lost tribes of the , double nines bullet proof vests and a cup of wine.. provocative rhymes I am David's heart, and Jesus' Flesh and Solomon's mind...

How can any MCs touch this record? Again. I don't even think Killah Priest knew how deep this record was going to get.. Its not a record, its a metaphysical reflection of Life in motion.

Old 09.15.2013, 02:31 AM   #905
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
here's the Gucci Mane x Marilyn Manson song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1s1LReScZKE
Old 09.17.2013, 03:42 AM   #906
louder
invito al cielo

new Drake album is the weirdest thing he's ever done, but i like it a lot.
Old 09.17.2013, 10:47 AM   #907
louder
invito al cielo

"Furthest Thing" is the best hip-hop song i've heard in a long time.
Old 09.17.2013, 07:23 PM   #908
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverasskiss
Sev, yr PM's need to be cleared.
What? Again?

I just cleared every last one of the motherfuckers when louder was trying to hook me with N64. What the fuck?
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.17.2013, 09:26 PM   #909
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
that Drake leaked too?

What happend to Rocky's instrumental album that was supposd to drop in the Summer?
Old 09.17.2013, 11:39 PM   #910
louder
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
that Drake leaked too?

What happend to Rocky's instrumental album that was supposd to drop in the Summer?
i don't know. i'm really excited about it, even though i don't think i've ever heard Rocky behind the boards.. oh wait, didn't he co-produce a few tracks on LONG.LIVE?

maybe he'll just drop it one day out of the blue? who knows.
Old 09.18.2013, 01:48 AM   #911
louder
invito al cielo

and yeah Drake's album is really good. although it isn't the definitive "ALBUM OF THE YEAR" i was hoping for.
Old 09.18.2013, 01:43 PM   #912
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous

Fugees "The Score"
This might be the most substantive and intellectual of rap groups to dominate the mainstream radio. This album is noticeably subversive, and yet it spawned top-40 radio hits? Lauren Hill paved the way for the Beyonce era, and she did without having to shake her ass, rather by speaking her mind. Too bad it got to her head. I think Fugees paved the way for Roots/Hieroglyhics/Outkast/Black Eyed Peas era in the early 2000s when for a brief window, actual HIP-HOP rather than rap took over the radio. I think that was actually a better era than the 80s or 90s, even if those aren't my favorite groups. Intelligent and well-crafted hip-hop had heavy rotation and radio airplay. It ain't been revived either..

You know, "Killing Me Softly" might be the only rap single EVER that my moms was always singing and fell in love with.. That I think was the massive appeal of The Fugees, they lured in a lot of pop and mainstream people through some of their singles which were like the top tracks of the year all over the radio. It was a for better or worse situation, the fame clearly got to their heads, the way it did Tupac and other underground artists when they suddenly became the It Group (Black Eyed Peas, you know I'm looking at y'all, and Fergie, seriously, chick you are too buff, it always looks to me like she is wearing shoulder pads and I ain't talking about those Delta Burke 1980s lame kind of shoulder pads, I'm talking about NFL linebacker full-contact pads )

Old 09.18.2013, 01:48 PM   #913
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
There's "rap" in that song?
Old 09.18.2013, 01:55 PM   #914
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
There's "rap" in that song?

Yeah! The beat, there are "scratches" all around, the sampling, and Wyclef be coming with those rap choruses. Its subtle, but I don't think The Fugees intended that track to become some kind of "pop" song, it was just another rap tune from that album. Listened to in a vacuum, yeah its harder to spot, but bump it in sequence on that album in between The Family Business and The Score and it fits like a glove (beats wise)

I think the folks who bumped that single like crazy as pop music might have been surprised listening to "The Mask" or "The Beast"..

That album could have changed the world, but the singles were too popular and didn't promote the rest of the album well enough. Again, I think it definitely led to my favorite era in hip-hop, between 1997-2004 when a lot of underground, conscious, and genuinely artistic hip-hop dominated the narrative, until that Crunk shit blew it off the radio. However, I don't think enough people really contemplated just how revolutionary the lyrical content was to that record. Shit, I don't think that Lauren Hill and Wyclef even kept it real enough thereafter, they succumbed to their own pop hype, and became caricatures of themselves in the spot light. The best thing that ever happened to them individually was the decline in the popularity of their careers. It forced them to go back and internalize.. get back to their roots (sort of, Lauren is still sort of crazy, but Wyclef has redeemed himself more or less)

Old 09.18.2013, 03:02 PM   #915
truncated
invito al cielo

truncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's asses
It's still around! Have there been any more mixes uploaded?
truncated is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.18.2013, 09:15 PM   #916
noisereductions
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Yeah! The beat, there are "scratches" all around, the sampling, and Wyclef be coming with those rap choruses. Its subtle, but I don't think The Fugees intended that track to become some kind of "pop" song, it was just another rap tune from that album. Listened to in a vacuum, yeah its harder to spot, but bump it in sequence on that album in between The Family Business and The Score and it fits like a glove (beats wise)

I think the folks who bumped that single like crazy as pop music might have been surprised listening to "The Mask" or "The Beast"..

That album could have changed the world, but the singles were too popular and didn't promote the rest of the album well enough. Again, I think it definitely led to my favorite era in hip-hop, between 1997-2004 when a lot of underground, conscious, and genuinely artistic hip-hop dominated the narrative, until that Crunk shit blew it off the radio. However, I don't think enough people really contemplated just how revolutionary the lyrical content was to that record. Shit, I don't think that Lauren Hill and Wyclef even kept it real enough thereafter, they succumbed to their own pop hype, and became caricatures of themselves in the spot light. The best thing that ever happened to them individually was the decline in the popularity of their careers. It forced them to go back and internalize.. get back to their roots (sort of, Lauren is still sort of crazy, but Wyclef has redeemed himself more or less)

OMG I looooooove The Score. Props.
Old 09.19.2013, 01:12 PM   #917
louder
invito al cielo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZa2lY9CFyM

Danny Brown's album is gonna be so crazy!
Old 09.19.2013, 01:26 PM   #918
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.theatlantic.com/entertain...ip-hop/279791/

I miss massive sample-heavy Hip Hop.
Old 09.19.2013, 01:38 PM   #919
louder
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by truncated
It's still around! Have there been any more mixes uploaded?
uhm well no, happy to see you're still alive though.
Old 09.20.2013, 05:01 AM   #920
louder
invito al cielo

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...8.story?page=4

Such focus has already paid off, said Steinberg. "He made his own record. He wouldn't listen to anybody. And there were songs — I'm just going to say this, and he's probably going to get mad at me — that could have been top hits on the charts that he recorded but he chose not to put them on the record. He wants to grow into his voice.

"He was like, 'I don't want to have a number one my first time around with this. Can I take my time with this?' I mean, we've had some crazy conversations."
434445 46 47484956 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth