Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page louder's hip-hop café II
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.14.2013, 06:50 PM   #681
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Come on assholes. Don't let this thread- which has become one of the highlights of my day to day life- lose its momentum.

Aw shit
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.14.2013, 11:54 PM   #682
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
no man, i think that Jay E actually had the better verse. but Kendrick yelled a lot, claimed to be the king of NY (which is sort of crazy considering that he's from the west coast y'know), said that he's killing all the other "newschool" rappers then called them by their names, etc. so yeah, overall Jay E had a great verse but normal people won't even notice, while Kendrick's verse will go down as historical.

the technical rapping on Section.80 might be better, but Good Kid is a better crafted album, in my opinion, a total masterpiece.

sorry i've been busy studying lately. Doris and Trap Lord leaked and they're both pretty great so far.
louder is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.15.2013, 12:03 AM   #683
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
seriously it sucks that Jay E's verse is so unnoticed. dude pulled a DOOM on this one. "Jay Electricity, PBS mysteries".. damn.
Old 08.15.2013, 12:09 AM   #684
louder
invito al cielo

a lot of people are really mad at Kendrick right now tho. pulling out diss records and shit. maybe hip-hop will get interesting for a while.

btw Eminem dropped a new song last night which sounds like Recovery 2.0. if it's going to be on his album then i won't even listen.
Old 08.15.2013, 12:35 AM   #685
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
What y'all got on the Grouch? Though in truth, the CD remix of Don't Talk To Me was SOOOOO much fucking better than the original demo version. The post-2000 beats from the Grouch are epically Yay Area. Good shit. Stage show is ok though..but I only saw him do a few songs with Zion-I at Amoeba in Hollywood so it might not have had the full effect. More and more I realize that I really just don't like new hip hop artists, and its not that I am entirely stuck in the 1990s, its just that all the artists I bumped in the 90s keep putting out great albums through out the 2000s so I just stay stuck in my zone. I wish I could expand, I just don't really feel it. Though I did like the Tree mix-tapes, maybe the only contemporary hip-hop I like (by the way, louder introduced that to me from posts on this thread ) What is hilarious is I can't STAND trap, its just a crunk, gutted version of that Yay Area Hustle (E-40, B-Legit, The Mossie, Al Kapone, Celly Cell, Funk Mobb) rap but I don't like those beats. What sucks is I can't find ANYWHERE to buy the first Sunday School, and I like it better than the more widely distributed Sunday School II.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.15.2013, 12:50 AM   #686
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
Mr. Roger's was gangster back in the day: http://youtu.be/Fw_GnjE-des

That was priceless, I love Fred Rogers now more than ever!! Pop-locking!! hot damn

Old 08.15.2013, 02:28 AM   #687
louder
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Though I did like the Tree mix-tapes, maybe the only contemporary hip-hop I like (by the way, louder introduced that to me from posts on this thread )
am pretty sure it was Bytor, but yeah good stuff.
Old 08.15.2013, 02:37 AM   #688
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
am pretty sure it was Bytor, but yeah good stuff.

Even better!

Old 08.16.2013, 06:44 AM   #689
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Dudes... Louder... SuchFriends... noisereductions....

Um... "Doris."

I just wanted to be the one to say it.
"Doris" ... My drive to work is going to be fuckin baller.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.16.2013, 06:47 AM   #690
louder
invito al cielo

yeah, i've already heard the whole thing.

lyrically it might be the best album of the year so far.
Old 08.16.2013, 09:08 AM   #691
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses

Stream it here: https://soundcloud.com/ofwgkta-official/sets/earl-sweatshirt-doris
Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.16.2013, 10:23 AM   #692
louder
invito al cielo

HOLY SHIT, that new Captain Murphy x Viktor Vaughn x Earl track is so dope!

http://pitchfork.com/news/51934-list...ween-villains/
Old 08.16.2013, 11:15 AM   #693
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:

Dude, I can't fucking STAND odd future ( I think they are almost a bad movie caricature of LA rap and their music is pure negativity) however I am REALLY digging this! thanks for posting that link, much like with TREE bytor has introduced me to perhaps the only two contemporary rappers that can catch fame on my iPod. By they way, this sound IS 100% that dark, almost gothic west coast beats epitomed by rappers like Luniz or E-40's Element of Surprise. I dig that shit most of all! Dr Dooom First Come First Served just might be my all-time favorite rap album, and its as dark as they come. I do like that odd future are a bunch of south central skaters, and I admit, by harsh judging of them is based on a limited sample size, but I checked out their earlier shit and totally didn't like it. It felt like it was forcing a gangsta or ruff sound. I checked out some more recent shit and it seems more realistic as to who those cats are. This earl sweatshirt is EXACTLY what I expect from skateboard hip hop from South Central. I go to church 2-4 days a week in South Central, and I take the bus/train so I ain't just passing through. I'm walking up and down the hood, I know all kinds of folks in all kinds of spots in the hood, I still love it. One of the best parts of the hood is the advent of skateshops and skateboarding around post-2005. When I was skating in middle and high school, simply put, dudez in the hood didn't skate. Gangsters in particular were hostile to skateboarding. So there weren't kids in the hood skating, and there weren't skateshop. The first skateshop to open up in the hood was on Compton BLVD and MLK in 2005. Since then, there are skate shops all over the hood, and now I see so many kids skating in the hood its fucking epic. I lOVE it. Its such a radical shift to how it was when I was growing up. These kids aren't posers either, they're fucking kick ass skating! There are even city-made skate parks in Compton and South LA now, reflecting the growing demand. Best of all, gangstas be giving props to skaters now, no longer diss. I think Odd Future properly reflect that change

Old 08.16.2013, 11:59 AM   #694
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

While the lyrics on doris are much better, the beats are pretty cool on this too

If theses dudes could resurrect this style of beats I just might start to get more interested in contemporary rap and hip hop. Either way, I'm really excited, that is FIVE new albums from two new artists I've found this year, probably the most for me in years!

Old 08.16.2013, 03:19 PM   #695
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
however I am REALLY digging this! thanks for posting that link, much like with TREE bytor has introduced me to perhaps the only two contemporary rappers that can catch fame on my iPod.

Glad you found some enjoys with it.

Speaking of, I hope this doesn't cause you to starts dancing......don't want you to bust a stitch.

......Reppin' For The Nativz: http://youtu.be/05O73uOE_bE
Old 08.16.2013, 04:41 PM   #696
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Glad you found some enjoys with it.

Speaking of, I hope this doesn't cause you to starts dancing......don't want you to bust a stitch.

......Reppin' For The Nativz: http://youtu.be/05O73uOE_bE

I'd love to have some stitches to bust, open wound to heal. go back on sunday. hoping not have to be repacked, may get stitches or not then. as to the hip hop, i'm listening to it for the third time today so its pretty dope. I've also been particularly enjoying Black Sabbath. Probably the narco-haze..

Old 08.17.2013, 04:51 AM   #697
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Quote:
hoping not have to be repacked

I've also been particularly enjoying Black Sabbath. Probably the narco-haze..

If possible, you should post a pic of your wound

narco-haze?

Ex-member of B2K, Raz-B on life support

Old 08.17.2013, 06:04 PM   #698
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
If possible, you should post a pic of your wound

Its not that bad looking. I was fucking proud of myself, I changed my own bandage this morning. Now as to the bandage? That was indeed disgustingly awful sight. I got lucky, its the back of my leg, its small. If it were same procedure on the stomach or back it'd be a gaping hole!

Quote:

narco-haze?

I'm trying to figure out why on earth any yputube user would post videos from that weird Ian Gillan era of Sabbath. He was a step up from Dio, but really? No. I'm thinking narco-haze more like Volume IV or Sabbath Bloody Sabbath

Old 08.17.2013, 08:06 PM   #699
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Quote:
I'm trying to figure out why on earth any yputube user would post videos from that weird Ian Gillan era of Sabbath. He was a step up from Dio, but really? No. I'm thinking narco-haze more like Volume IV or Sabbath Bloody Sabbath

The Ian Gillan Sabbath was my first concert that wasn't country (Willie Nelson, Statler Brothers, Alabama).....Night Ranger was the opening act.

I more than understand, 'Born Again' is an odd album and most Sabbath fans hate it. However, songs like, "Disturbing The Priest," "Zero The Hero" and "Keeping It Warm" are some of my favorites. NO - they're not classic Sabbath, but they have always held a special place in my heart.

Being able to see Sabbath perform, "Smoke On The Water" as part of the encore with classics such as, "Iron Man" and "Children Of The Grave" was something special for this 8th grader.
Old 08.18.2013, 12:29 AM   #700
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

I don't think Born Again is the worst of the 80s Sabbath, indeed, on the bridge and jam moments its really not half bad. The real problem is that it wasn't meant to be black sabbath in the first place, but as always, the band got persuaded by record label folks to roll with the marketing success and name recognition of Sabbath. It was meant to be its own group, and it sounds very much that way. Also, a lot of metal heads dig it.

323334 35 36373845 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth