Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page mosque at ground zero
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.23.2010, 09:05 PM   #21
terminal pharmacy
invito al cielo

terminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's asses
there has been several famous americans that were famous ie cassius clay, malcolm X, elijah muhummad...
terminal pharmacy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.24.2010, 10:11 AM   #22
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
from Gregg Easterborook

Why Isn't the Pentagon Mosque on the Front Page? There's a small chance you have heard about a plan to build a mosque near (not "at") Ground Zero in New York. The controversy is puzzling on many levels, most important, that this is America! Freedom must not be an empty concept. Freedom of religion means freedom of religion. The basic bargain of the First Amendment, as regards speech as well as faith, is that the sole way to protect the right to opinions and beliefs is to protect all opinions and all beliefs, keeping government out of the business of deciding which ones we like or don't like.

The people who attacked the United States on 9-11 may have called themselves Muslims, though clearly were breaking the tenets of their faith. All religions have produced a few murderous fanatics -- we don't hold this against the faith when Christianity or Judaism is involved. Baruch Goldstein, raised as a Jew, used a machine gun to murder 29 Muslims in 1994 in Hebron. Goldstein was a monster, not a religious believer, and was breaking the tenets of the faith he claimed. No sensible person would say that because of Baruch Goldstein, synagogues should not be built on the West Bank. Timothy McVeigh, who called himself a Christian, murdered 168 people with a terrorist bomb in Oklahoma City, and it's clear to everyone he was breaking the tenets of his faith. Why can't we understand the same thing about the 9-11 killers? No one would object to a Christian church being built near the Oklahoma City terror bomb site.

Here's what really puzzles me -- with all the snarling hatred on display regarding the proposed downtown New York mosque, there's been no discussion of the mosque that already exists inside the Pentagon. This worship space is quite close to where a plane flown by murderers struck on 9/11, and has caused no problems. The Washington Post buried the story on page A-11, while most newspapers and newscasts haven't mentioned the Pentagon mosque at all. If the people who work inside the Pentagon can see past their differences and embrace religious tolerance, how come this is impossible for people such as Newt Gingrich?

Muslims are the new boogeyman. they scare white folks.
Old 08.24.2010, 12:20 PM   #23
chicka
expwy. to yr skull

chicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asses
I don't see how anyone can object to the site. 9-11 is done and gone I feel for the folks who lost loved ones but the has come to move on. I would believe that the location for the mosque is beneficial to the folks who will pray there and the center for the children to use located where they can get to it safely.
Old 08.24.2010, 12:30 PM   #24
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicka
I don't see how anyone can object to the site. 9-11 is done and gone I feel for the folks who lost loved ones but the has come to move on. I would believe that the location for the mosque is beneficial to the folks who will pray there and the center for the children to use located where they can get to it safely.
And that's not to mention that all this blatant racism will get a chance to at least placate in years to come. How come nobody ever mentions that predominantly muslim neighbourhoods and their surroundings in big Western cities are also some of the safest to live in?
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.24.2010, 01:29 PM   #25
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
it is NOT a Mosque

It is NOT at the WTC site

Here are photos taken by a NYC photog of other businesses as close or closer to the WTC site as the proposed community center.
http://daryllang.com/blog/4421
Old 08.24.2010, 05:03 PM   #26
akprodr
the end of the ugly

akprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's asses
Wasn't there supposed to be a party at ground zero?
Old 08.24.2010, 05:27 PM   #27
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

when I was in NYCin June last year we went by the WTC site, after going by the old Murray street studios.

There is absolutely nothing there except for a massive pit and a huge construction area.

How long did it take to build the World Trade Center? Hmm.

work was started in 1966.

tower 1 was finished in 1970 and tower 2 in 1971.

so with 40 year old tech, they built those two buildings in less than adecade.

it has been a decade and there is NOTHING on the WTC site worth mentioning exccept the massive basements and subbasements

what the FUCK?

this is it in April of this year

it is huge project, but is it the corruption in NYC politics keeping this down? How many mobsters a nd teamsters and racketerering fucks are milking the funds away from the project? How many people have had to get their hands greased just to get this far?
Old 08.24.2010, 05:45 PM   #28
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...nd-zero-mosque

Charlie Brooker 'hilariously' lampooning YET ANOTHER FISH IN A BARREL TARGET. God, he is such a cunt. But some of you Americans/ non-liberals might not have come across his insidious brand of tosshousery yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.24.2010, 05:49 PM   #29
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
it is huge project, but is it the corruption in NYC politics keeping this down? How many mobsters a nd teamsters and racketerering fucks are milking the funds away from the project? How many people have had to get their hands greased just to get this far?

you're picking on the wrong gangs - this is all due to the corporates and political elites of both parties - power plays by the Port Authority and Shorenstein.

meanwhile, we're distracted from shit like this. The US is a rape culture: now if you want to travel (and they will roll this out further to include buses and trains) you either get photographed naked and irradiated or physically violated. THE TERRORISTS WON!

TSA's Frisky New Pat-Downs

— By Jen Phillips
| Tue Aug. 24, 2010 1:43 PM PDT

If you're traveling this summer and don't want a TSA agent to see your graphic full-body scan, you might have to opt for a grope. Reports have surfaced that passengers who've refused to go through the TSA's expensive and invasive body scanners have been treated to a more rigerous pat-down. "If anybody ever groped me like that in real life, I would have punched them in their nose,” one male traveler told the Boston Globe. “It was extremely invasive.. actually probing and pushing and seeing if I was concealing something in my genital area.”
The new "enhanced" pat-downs are different in that screeners are using the front of their hands to probe sensitive areas instead of the backs of their hands as they had previously. Another difference is screeners will use a sliding motion to move their hands over passengers' bodies instead of a patting motion. As one female passenger said, screeners touched her face, hair, and underneath and between her breasts in their search for weapons. These new pat-downs are currently being used at Boston's Logan airport and Las Vegas's McCarran airport, but the TSA plans to roll them out nationally. And in case there was any doubt, these touchy-feely pat-downs are just for those who refuse to have their bodies scanned. If you go through a regular metal detector, one source says, you would only get the regular, back-of-hand pat-down.
I can't say which I'd prefer less: being personally probed and prodded by a TSA agent, or having my body graphically scanned knowing the image has the potential to be saved. Despite the TSA blog's bold declaration that "TSA has not, will not and the machines cannot store images of passengers at airports," a lawsuit turned up evidence from DHS that the machines had indeed stored more than 2,000 images for "test purposes." The Electronic Privacy Information Center has filed a motion to immediately halt TSA's use of scanners pending an investigation, but until then, the agency's stance is clear: get scanned or face the consequences.
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.24.2010, 05:55 PM   #30
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
9-11 is done and gone I feel for the folks who lost loved ones but the has come to move on..

absolutely, but they are milking it for all its worth and we're talking billions - ask the biggest milker of them al lGhouiliani who has made millions living off his bullshit leadership after 9/11.

Its the 9/11 Industry. But only certain people are allowed to milk 9/11.
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.24.2010, 07:57 PM   #31
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
they sell 9-11 baseball caps, i think that kind of kills the deal.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.24.2010, 07:58 PM   #32
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon boy
they sell 9-11 baseball caps, i think that kind of kills the deal.

None of the people they are talking about are the ones selling these caps though, Jon Boy...

just goes to show everyone wants to make a buck.
Old 08.24.2010, 08:28 PM   #33
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
The planned "ultra-mosque" will be a staggering 5,600ft tall – more than five times higher than the tallest building on Earth – and will be capped with an immense dome of highly-polished solid gold, carefully positioned to bounce sunlight directly toward the pavement, where it will blind pedestrians and fry small dogs. The main structure will be delimited by 600 minarets, each shaped like an upraised middle finger, and housing a powerful amplifier: when synchronised, their combined sonic might will be capable of relaying the muezzin's call to prayer at such deafening volume, it will be clearly audible in the Afghan mountains, where thousands of terrorists are poised to celebrate by running around with scarves over their faces, firing AK-47s into the sky and yelling whatever the foreign word for "victory" is.

V

_ \ / _
/ \

Old 08.24.2010, 09:06 PM   #34
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Who knows, maybe Sarah Palin is getting her aviator's license right now, so she can fly a plane into it as soon as it's built.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.24.2010, 10:59 PM   #35
GeneticKiss
expwy. to yr skull

GeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I don't see how anyone can object to the site. 9-11 is done and gone I feel for the folks who lost loved ones but the has come to move on.

You know what they say..."Never forgive, never forget"...

Not that it really has anything to do with the whole thing...
Old 08.24.2010, 11:27 PM   #36
FreshChops
100%

FreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's asses
this topic involves both religion AND politics... must avoid [eek]

FreshChops is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.25.2010, 12:29 AM   #37
jon boy
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ann ashtray
None of the people they are talking about are the ones selling these caps though, Jon Boy...

just goes to show everyone wants to make a buck.

i literally have no idea, or interest in what you just said. to be honest its...zzz

V

_ \ / _
/ \

Old 08.25.2010, 12:33 AM   #38
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon boy
i literally have no idea, or interest in what you just said. to be honest its...zzz

A response.
Old 08.25.2010, 01:50 AM   #39
LifeDistortion
expwy. to yr skull

LifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's asses
I can't believe next year it will be a decade since 9/11/01. It doesn't seem that long ago. Maybe its because there is so much footage and imagery out there, and its the only terrorist attack on U.S. soil that I can think of that actually has recorded footage of it happening.
LifeDistortion is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.25.2010, 08:27 AM   #40
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

you know there is a actual mosque/muslim worship space in the PENTAGON? and not too far from where the supposed third plane crashed into it either.

fuck NYC

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth