Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page what are you listening to?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old Yesterday, 11:21 PM   #51041
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Also, even if you hate metal, go on YouTube and listen to the Agents of Misfortune recordings that Cliff did when he was younger. It's a live recording in a talent show of some kind and if you blindfolded someone and told them it was Fushitsusha they would probably believe you. Seriously. Do it now.
never heard it before! thanks for this

will go lookin

eta

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=N1q0zLaXUuE

WOW
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old Today, 07:30 AM   #51042
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Anyway I’ve been listening to “To Pimp a Butterfly” a bunch because I finally bought a physical copy of the album, so it’s been spinning.

Great fucking album, obviously.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old Today, 07:59 AM   #51043
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
never heard it before! thanks for this

will go lookin

eta

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=N1q0zLaXUuE

WOW

Someone mentioned Agents of Misfortune to me in relation to the whole Ascension thing, but until youtube I had no way of hearing them. The similarities, especially live, are genuinely uncanny.

More generally, I'd say Metal's been the only area of Rock music that has really evolved in any meaningful way in decades. I'm struggling to think of anything really new or interesting to have come out of the indie/alt rock scene since, christ, i dunno, Twin Infinitives? And that was nearly 30 years ago!!
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old Today, 09:53 AM   #51044
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
More generally, I'd say Metal's been the only area of Rock music that has really evolved in any meaningful way in decades. I'm struggling to think of anything really new or interesting to have come out of the indie/alt rock scene since, christ, i dunno, Twin Infinitives? And that was nearly 30 years ago!!
yes, as energies get pared down to their most essential and rock as a popular art form retreats into historical space. rock’s last stand. after that it will all be nostalgia.
Old Today, 10:48 AM   #51045
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, although I'm sure I was wrong about the dates. Surely there must've been some innovation since 1990. I dunno. I'm not a fan but I suppose there's an argument for Radiohead - even if I wouldn't wanna be the one trying to make it.
Old Today, 11:05 AM   #51046
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

for me who always loved prog the whole development of “math” rock was a pleasant one in spite of the shit name. love the percussion. noise was good too while it lasted. post-rock, sure, an innovation, but it’s often not-rock.

i prefer metal that is not about, oh, satan, and death, and depression. that shit brings bad luck! ha ha ha ha.
Old Today, 11:32 AM   #51047
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!

i prefer metal that is not about, oh, satan, and death, and depression. that shit brings bad luck! ha ha ha ha.

Well, Black Metal is probably my favourite sub-genre of Metal, and about the only area of broadly-speaking 'Rock' music I try to keep up with. BM's underground is probably the nearest thing Metal has ever had to an actual avant-garde. Although, as you say about some Post-Rock, does stuff like this even really qualify as Metal, never mind Rock?
Old Today, 01:57 PM   #51048
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
i like KoЯn
2053245325032543255025512552 2553
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth