Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page worst gigs you went to this year
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.27.2010, 12:37 AM   #21
SpaceCadetHayden
the end of the ugly

SpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's asses
I like Girls

It's probably due to the hipster-ass steelo that is Uptown summers. I seriously heard ALBUM playing off 3 different porches within a block from my house in ONE DAY.

I wish I didn't have such a cardigan problem. I wouldn't be plagued with fans of Best Coast, Deerhunter, etc.

SpaceCadetHayden is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.27.2010, 02:25 AM   #22
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceCadetHayden

I wish I didn't have such a cardigan problem. I wouldn't be plagued with fans of Best Coast, Deerhunter, etc.
+10 Hayden
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.27.2010, 03:07 AM   #23
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
Sonic youth were pretty poor considering I payed $80 for a festival ticket for them, they weren't headlining, and the last time I saw them live they rocked.

Dan Deacon was terrible. Though they opened for Lightning bolt which was the best act I saw all year. So it's hard to evaluate that gig as a whole
Inhuman is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.27.2010, 04:07 AM   #24
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
I've seen some rubbish this year, but nothing big enough for anyone else to have heard of it. I will say that Wednesdays are a terrible night for jazz, it seems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.27.2010, 05:06 AM   #25
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
I'm going to stand up for Deerhunter. I saw them live in Leeds and it was sincerely amongst my favourite gigs of the year. Yeah, Bradford is a bit of cock (OR COX, AM I RIGHT GUYS?!) on stage, but I thought it was just flat out one of the tightest most rocking gigs I've been to in ages. I was probably coming at it from a pretty different angle in terms of being a massive fan, knowing pretty every song they played really well, and being with two friends who are the same...
The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
The Earl Of Slander is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.27.2010, 11:11 AM   #26
viewtiful alan redux
the destroyed room

viewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's asses
Raekwon
It wasn't really his fault though.. the sound at the venue was terrible. The vocal setup was not working, all you could hear was the instrumental and then grumbling from the stage.
Raekwon seemed very upset with the show and frequently complained about the sound guys and his treatment by the venue.

Dinosaur Jr. were also dissapointing.
Old 11.27.2010, 11:37 AM   #27
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
not this year...but the last time I saw The Flaming Lips....
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.27.2010, 11:37 AM   #28
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inhuman

Dan Deacon was terrible. Though they opened for Lightning bolt which was the best act I saw all year. So it's hard to evaluate that gig as a whole

oh yeah Dan Deacon. That shit was awful.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.27.2010, 11:49 AM   #29
SYRFox
invito al cielo

SYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's asses
Hadouken ! in Dour festival was fucking atrocious. I still don't know why I listened to my friend who told me we should go and see them - fortunately no band i wished to see was playing at the same time so i did not miss anything for this shit. They tried to do a wall of death but no one followed, so I guess I was not the only bored. Awful shit.
Other than that, some local hip hop / rock unit opening for Foreign Beggars, and perhaps dd/mm/yyyy opening for Beak>.
SYRFox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.27.2010, 11:50 AM   #30
SYRFox
invito al cielo

SYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
This was a little over a year ago now, but I saw Deer Hunter and it was the worst show I've ever seen in my life, definitely. Really really boring. Saw some band this year called Aa or something -- just drums and piano, it was horrible, but a bunch of hipster girls seemed to dig it.
Are you sure you're talking about Aa ? I think I made a thread about them a whiiiiiiiile ago and I thought you loved them... Though I don't know what they've been up to lately, so perhaps they've gotten awful. gAame was a pretty fine record.

EDIT : ahah here's the thread : http://sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=21260
adam i'm sorry but i still haven't checked out any of the bands you recommended me back then ahahah !
SYRFox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.27.2010, 04:54 PM   #31
SpaceCadetHayden
the end of the ugly

SpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
oh yeah Dan Deacon. That shit was awful.

I had an absolute blast at Dan Deacon. It could have been the molly, though.

SpaceCadetHayden is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.27.2010, 08:51 PM   #32
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
I've seen some rubbish this year, but nothing big enough for anyone else to have heard of it. I will say that Wednesdays are a terrible night for jazz, it seems.

thats funny there is a night in vancouver called fake jazz wednesdays, its a mixed bag and i have seen some truly amazing stuff but also some utter guff and like you its all bands that are so small its not worth mentioning.

also very glad i didnt go see sonic youth when i had the chance too this year. $90 for a festival ticket, no one else on the bill worth seeing and they played a 40 minute set.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.27.2010, 10:38 PM   #33
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Archie Bronson Outfit were pretty uninspiring.

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.28.2010, 02:21 AM   #34
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SYRFox
Are you sure you're talking about Aa ? I think I made a thread about them a whiiiiiiiile ago and I thought you loved them... Though I don't know what they've been up to lately, so perhaps they've gotten awful. gAame was a pretty fine record.

EDIT : ahah here's the thread : http://sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=21260
adam i'm sorry but i still haven't checked out any of the bands you recommended me back then ahahah !

Was it Au? Or.. it was some A band. It was just piano and drums. The entire thing was a climax. It reminded me of coldplay. It was really dull, whoever it was.

Also, I saw dan Deacon a few years ago and it was pretty fun.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.28.2010, 07:50 AM   #35
Rupert 'Stiles' Stilinski
children of satan

Rupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
haha oh yeah I forgot deerhunter are "krautrock" haha. What a joke.

Of all the new bans doing that kinda stuff, i reccomend YOLZ IN THE SKY... http://www.mediafire.com/?jk1zenmdk19 ... imagine a melt banana but way more insane, imagine if melt banana's OTHER members were just as insane as the guitarist.. the drummer in this band is unbelievable.. UN fucking BELIEVABLE... and they have some weird off time organ thing going on on some songs. amazing band.

glad to see some deer hunter hatred, there are 3 or 4 people on this board that worship them, but they're honestly one of the most boring bands I've ever heard, live or on record.

Thanks for this CD. I've been trying to track it down. I saw YOLZ live at a Japanese festival and really enjoyed their set. It was about 25 minutes and the whole thing felt like one song. Very PIL inspired (at least live). The CD couldn't be more different than what I had seen from them on youtube and in person. The CD is much much better! I'd have to catch a full set of theirs to judge them properly, though. God, the CD totally rules! Can't stop listening to it!
Rupert 'Stiles' Stilinski is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.28.2010, 07:54 AM   #36
loubarret
expwy. to yr skull

loubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's asses
Au made me leave after 5 minutes of their semi-intellectual coldplay ripoff, got to see costes which I'm still kinda glad on.

I personally suffered twice through snow patrol, 30 seconds to mars and razorlight at festivals waiting for band(deftones and the stooges). I need to go to a asylum for doing that. Same is said for aiden(where I was dragged along to).

OvO ranks up pretty high as does Rolo Tommasi the third and fourth time.

But the most bland concert I ever saw was Woman earlier this year, their records are already mediocre but live it's just making me want to get some sleep....
loubarret is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.28.2010, 08:11 AM   #37
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Okay, it was AU then, not AA! AA are really good!

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.28.2010, 08:47 AM   #38
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek
Atari Teenage Riot. Because I didn't get to go.

I feel the exact same way about when Jucifer last played here.
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.30.2010, 07:19 AM   #39
Florya
expwy. to yr skull

Florya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's asses
Einstuerzende Neubauten @ The Forum
Seefeel @ the ICA

Easily the two most jaded, lacklustre performances I've seen this year.

listening mirror @ Soundcloud http://soundcloud.com/listening-mirror

Florya is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.30.2010, 07:39 AM   #40
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
I imagine you saw Neubauten in their prime though? I wouldn't really want to see them now, but they're definitely someone I'd take a trip in a time machine for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth