Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Good contempary art galleries in Amsterdam
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.31.2009, 08:02 AM   #1
This Is Not Here
invito al cielo

This Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's asses
I'm heading over there for a week tomorrow. Meaning to check out a few smaller, contempary galleries. ADVICE ME!

~~Record of the moment~~
This Is Not Here is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.31.2009, 08:08 AM   #2
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
I'm sorry, I can't help you with this one. But for God's sake, don't be so fucking helpless. Just go over there and start exploring for yourself. What, you think life comes with a guide book?
Old 08.31.2009, 08:10 AM   #3
This Is Not Here
invito al cielo

This Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's asses
Ummm exuse me - I shall do just that - I always do. But it's also nice to have people's reccomendations - because I CARE what you sods thinks. Theres the helpless part.

~~Record of the moment~~
Old 08.31.2009, 08:18 AM   #4
phoenix
invito al cielo

phoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's asses
are you flying or ferry?

I wish I could help you out but I dont speak to anyone online anymore from there..

have fun though! and don't let the crazy hookers get you.
Old 08.31.2009, 08:22 AM   #5
This Is Not Here
invito al cielo

I'm flying from gatwick tomorrow. And yes, I shall take my trusty prostitute-repellant spray.

~~Record of the moment~~
Old 08.31.2009, 08:52 AM   #6
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
You expected to find experts on Amsterdam contemporary art galleries here?!
Old 08.31.2009, 09:06 AM   #7
This Is Not Here
invito al cielo

I expected to find locals to Amsterdam who know where some cool galleries are! Jesus! If you're not willing to learn something from people who post on this board, why the bloody hell are you here?

~~Record of the moment~~
Old 08.31.2009, 09:08 AM   #8
phoenix
invito al cielo

phoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmku
You expected to find experts on Amsterdam contemporary art galleries here?!

plenty of people in the netherlands listen to music and use the internets. There are a lot of goths too. So I'm sure this is not here will fit in fine.
Old 08.31.2009, 09:17 AM   #9
gmku
invito al cielo

No, I meant I just don't see a lot of SY forum members as the usual experts to go to on this subject. Do we even have anybody from the Netherlands here?
Old 08.31.2009, 09:21 AM   #10
This Is Not Here
invito al cielo

Quote:
No, I meant I just don't see a lot of SY forum members as the usual experts to go to on this subject. Do we even have anybody from the Netherlands here?

He he, thanks! That reminds me I have a new 100% goth photo to post

~~Record of the moment~~
Old 08.31.2009, 09:27 AM   #11
Phlegmscope
expwy. to yr skull

Phlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Do we even have anybody from the Netherlands here?

There are few. Stop sounding like someone's angry dad.

When I was there a couple of years ago we didn't have the time to just go and explore some random galleries, which meant that we probably visited in one or two (can't remember what they were called or where they were). there's a thread about the city, with recommendations from tokolosh and pokkeherrie, btw.
Phlegmscope is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.31.2009, 09:33 AM   #12
gmku
invito al cielo

You kids piss me off. Bunch of lazy whiny baby girls who can't be bothered to learn about things the hard way.
Old 08.31.2009, 09:35 AM   #13
Phlegmscope
expwy. to yr skull

Phlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's asses
Yes, I'm sorry I wasn't in the war.
Phlegmscope is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.31.2009, 09:36 AM   #14
gmku
invito al cielo

Yr loss, sweetheart.
Old 08.31.2009, 09:38 AM   #15
This Is Not Here
invito al cielo

I am an expert on the galleries in my city, and if someone on here asked I'm be willing to tell them all about them. I also know that the sort of galleries I'm after you can't find by just wandering around looking in London a) they're in converted garages, warehouses etc b) behind nondescript doors you have to knock or ring a bell to enter c)citys tend to be fucking huge, London being the best example of this. My point is, sometimes you have to KNOW about a place is order to find it.

~~Record of the moment~~
Old 08.31.2009, 09:53 AM   #16
sarramkrop

Tokolosh would be the best person for this. Send him a pm.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.31.2009, 09:55 AM   #17
sarramkrop

Quote:
You kids piss me off. Bunch of lazy whiny baby girls who can't be bothered to learn about things the hard way.

You only listen mainly to music made over 20 years ago. Who's the one who doesn't want to learn things now?
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.31.2009, 10:21 AM   #18
phoenix
invito al cielo

apparently they have cat boats. or something.... my friend is in belgium but she just started telling me..

OH and guess where I was on Thursday
Jessica says:
where
Jade - LONDON AGAIN! YAY! Can't wait to see you again Mandy! woo! says:
Amsterdam! and guess where I went in Amsterdam!
A CAT BOAT
omg it was amazing
I want them all
Jessica says:
what
a cat boat? what is a cat boat?
its a boat full of cats! its amazing
its called poezenboot
Jessica says:
what? are you talking about?
Old 08.31.2009, 10:22 AM   #19
phoenix
invito al cielo

it started cuz this woman saw a stray cat with kittens and took them in then soon after she took in another stray, and another and another and another until her house was full of cats and she was labelled the cat lady (oh yeh this is so gonna be me)
so she decided to buy a boat for the cats
and its all volunteer run
Jessica says:
what the fuck
the lady is dead now thats sad. Cuz she was old
but the cat boat lives on
Jessica says:
what the fuck?
Old 08.31.2009, 10:29 AM   #20
gmku
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
You only listen mainly to music made over 20 years ago. Who's the one who doesn't want to learn things now?

False assumption, i.e., you assume I mainly listen to music made more than 20 years ago, yet you know nothing about my actual listening habits. Sorry, but you... Fail.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth