Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page I just got in a car wreck.
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.10.2007, 10:44 PM   #1
youthoftomorrow
expwy. to yr skull

youthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's asses
i rammed into the side of an old F-150. the light turned yellow just before i entered the intersection, the truck turned in front of me and i smashed into the passenger side door.

i've drawn a diagram for your edification:

it was surreal. i knew exactly what was happening as it was happening. my exact thought was "Shit, I just hit a truck. There goes my perfect record." i sat in my car for a minute and freaked out. people ran up and started yelling at me, "Are you ok?! Are you hurt?!" i didn't feel hurt and said so, but later my arm started hurting (i don't know if it's anything serious, it's still aching, i'll go to a doctor if it's still hurting tomorrow). the airbags worked and the smell of the gunpowder is the next thing i really remember. i climbed out of the passenger door (because the truck was in the way of my door) and started asking if anyone else was hurt. the people in the truck were fine. the guy who was driving and i starting exchanging our info; there was a woman and a baby in the truck with him. he only had a driving permit, no license. my proof of insurance was expired (which i got a ticket for). i called 911 and then my parents. the fire department and the police came, started figuring out what went on. friends of mine kept calling while this was going on, wondering where i was (i had been on my way to hang out with them). eventually, they towed both vehicles to a nearby lot. my mom showed up and we went and got a bunch of my stuff out of the car.

the front of my car is completely fucked up. the bumper got smashed under the engine, the windshield cracked (but thankfully didn't shatter), the lights are broken, there were pieces of metal and plastic strewn about on the ground. the passenger side door and front fender of the truck got smashed in and the front right wheel was at a wierd angle.

the police couldn't place the blame on either one of us (as we have differing stories), so there is going to be an insurance debacle.
Old 03.10.2007, 10:46 PM   #2
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
holy crap. i'm really glad you're ok.
Old 03.11.2007, 12:08 AM   #3
val-holla-ing
invito al cielo

val-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's asses
go get that arm checked on before some irreparable damage is done.

-cam'ron

(formerly "no homo")
val-holla-ing is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.11.2007, 03:26 AM   #4
cryptowonderdruginvogue
invito al cielo

cryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's asses
sucks to hear that
car accidents suck
i ran into a tree on my yard a couple of months ago

hope youre okay
cryptowonderdruginvogue is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.11.2007, 08:26 PM   #5
youthoftomorrow
expwy. to yr skull

youthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's asses
i went over to the lot where my car is with my dad today and took some photos.

Old 03.11.2007, 08:27 PM   #6
youthoftomorrow
expwy. to yr skull

and here are some pics of the truck i hit. note the piece of my fender stuck in the tire.

Old 03.11.2007, 08:33 PM   #7
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Damn..

Car wrecks are scary. I've been in eight in my lifetime (only like three of 'em were really bad, and since I started driving myself two years ago i haven't had a single one.. hmm).

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.11.2007, 10:00 PM   #8
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Damn..

Car wrecks are scary.

yes, for you, for me, for most, but not for everyone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by youthoftomorrow
i went over to the lot where my car is with my dad today and took some photos.

fuck, i've been in a few crashes, it's fucking horrid, but i can tell you what i learned, the most important thing, is be glad you're ok-- the car is just a piece of metal and can be fixed. personal injuries are more troublesome. so-- celebrate i guess? i mean it-- in a way, you were very lucky.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.11.2007, 11:03 PM   #9
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
yeah man, it's good you are ok, try driving safer from now on.

i was once in a full frontal car crash, a sedan against a grand cherokee or some crappy van like that. i was sitting in the passenger seat, i was pissed because my coca cola spilled.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.12.2007, 11:58 AM   #10
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
that sucks. Hope you are OK
Old 03.12.2007, 12:02 PM   #11
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
i really dont like driving anymore since i had an accident. its been years since i drove.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.12.2007, 12:19 PM   #12
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
wow that sucks. I hope that everything turns out all right.

I blame daylight savings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptowonderdruginvogue
i ran into a tree on my yard a couple of months ago

easy fix: stop parking yr car in the front yard!
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.12.2007, 12:25 PM   #13
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by youthoftomorrow
and here are some pics of the truck i hit. note the piece of my fender stuck in the tire.

I kept looking at these pics searching for a piece of guitar stuck in the tires....I feel so dumb.
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.12.2007, 12:43 PM   #14
king_buzzo
invito al cielo

king_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's asses
holy fucking shit, tell me what exact time this was, someone i know had an accident as well
king_buzzo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.12.2007, 07:46 PM   #15
youthoftomorrow
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by king_buzzo
holy fucking shit, tell me what exact time this was, someone i know had an accident as well

4:15 PM Pacific Standard Time on Saturday.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth