Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Sonic Youth Free Show St Louis
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.17.2009, 03:48 PM   #21
silverfreepress (sdasher)
the destroyed room

silverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's asses
no posters for the free show i'm a guessing...
silverfreepress (sdasher) is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.17.2009, 03:58 PM   #22
jennthebenn
expwy. to yr skull

jennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's asses
No, but you get this pic from their Twitter.

http://twitpic.com/aonm2
Old 07.17.2009, 04:35 PM   #23
Satan
invito al cielo

Satan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's asses
i am leaving soon for this babies

holla if you see me
Old 07.17.2009, 04:57 PM   #24
Jasónico
little trouble girl

Jasónico kicks all y'all's assesJasónico kicks all y'all's assesJasónico kicks all y'all's assesJasónico kicks all y'all's assesJasónico kicks all y'all's assesJasónico kicks all y'all's assesJasónico kicks all y'all's assesJasónico kicks all y'all's assesJasónico kicks all y'all's assesJasónico kicks all y'all's assesJasónico kicks all y'all's asses
streaming?
Jasónico is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.17.2009, 10:49 PM   #25
Satan
invito al cielo

Satan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's asses
eeeeeee I MET THEM

so i was walking through the park going to the stage area and i see this really tall dude in wraparound shades and a plaid shirt and my mind just goes "WHOAA THAT'S THURSTON MOOOOOORE"

so i go "HI!!!!"
and he says "do i know you?"...ha
and anyway i took a picture of/with him and he liked my rocky horror pin on my bag
and he says "lee and steve are over there" and i chatted with lee for a minute and he was very nice
kim was just standing around like 10 feet away, she never said anything, she seemed like, too cool for school or whatever

so anyway yeah, front row, shot like 4 and a half rolls of film...awesome color and sy were both fantastic and really high energy

i am pissing myself

also look what i got

Old 07.17.2009, 11:52 PM   #26
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Location: if there is a bright spot in the universe, the farthest point from it
Sonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's asses
Setlist are always the best I now have two and broken string from Thurston's freakout during World Looks Red last year.
Old 07.18.2009, 12:05 AM   #27
Satan
invito al cielo

aaaaah i'm still pissing myself
i'm such an obsessed freak but it was so cool, literally not two minutes after i get out of the car and walk through the park there he was

derek from awesome color is really cool and nice too, he talked to us during their soundcheck
Old 07.18.2009, 12:17 AM   #28
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Location: if there is a bright spot in the universe, the farthest point from it
Sonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's asses
I probably should have spoken to Thurston and Steve when I saw them in Grimey's (a record store the size of a matchbox), but Thurston was browsing the used vinyl and talking about the VU with like 4 people that came with him. Steve just wandered around, looking at jazz mostly. An enthusiastic "Hey!" from Lee the night before is still fine enough for me. Me and a couple of my friends were walking toward the venue and Lee is approaching us and I just said "Hi Lee!", neither of my friends spoke and one didn't even recognize him. I guess I feel kind of weird asking for a picture since I usually shy away from them myself.
Old 07.18.2009, 12:46 AM   #29
Satan
invito al cielo

i'm not very shy so...
Old 07.18.2009, 08:17 AM   #30
Leetdude
little trouble girl

Leetdude kicks all y'all's assesLeetdude kicks all y'all's assesLeetdude kicks all y'all's assesLeetdude kicks all y'all's assesLeetdude kicks all y'all's assesLeetdude kicks all y'all's assesLeetdude kicks all y'all's assesLeetdude kicks all y'all's assesLeetdude kicks all y'all's assesLeetdude kicks all y'all's assesLeetdude kicks all y'all's asses
Seeing Hey Joni live was incredible; everything else was great too!
Leetdude is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.18.2009, 12:08 PM   #31
Robco73
empty page

Robco73 has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
That was a great show last night. I was pretty surprised to see them in the line-up for the "Live on the Levee" shows. Hopefully a recording will surface. I did see one taper there.
Robco73 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.18.2009, 07:44 PM   #32
canabero
children of satan

canabero cold hard suckacanabero cold hard suckacanabero cold hard suckacanabero cold hard suckacanabero cold hard suckacanabero cold hard suckacanabero cold hard suckacanabero cold hard suckacanabero cold hard suckacanabero cold hard suckacanabero cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasónico
streaming?

Al fin pusiste algo en inglés.

www.myspace.com/canabero
canabero is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.18.2009, 08:47 PM   #33
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
ar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satan
eeeeeee I MET THEM

so i was walking through the park going to the stage area and i see this really tall dude in wraparound shades and a plaid shirt and my mind just goes "WHOAA THAT'S THURSTON MOOOOOORE"

so i go "HI!!!!"
and he says "do i know you?"...ha
and anyway i took a picture of/with him and he liked my rocky horror pin on my bag
and he says "lee and steve are over there" and i chatted with lee for a minute and he was very nice
kim was just standing around like 10 feet away, she never said anything, she seemed like, too cool for school or whatever

so anyway yeah, front row, shot like 4 and a half rolls of film...awesome color and sy were both fantastic and really high energy

i am pissing myself

also look what i got

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!! I"m jealous. What parking garage? I was there like 15ft from the front. But Shadow of A Foubt was fucking great.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.18.2009, 08:48 PM   #34
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
ps just got back.
Old 07.18.2009, 09:26 PM   #35
humbucker
empty page

humbucker has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
thanks for the St L setlist pic, Satan! what a great show that was....

FWIW, they definitely did play "Antenna" (that song sent goosebumps down the back of my neck) and "Calming the Snake"... and I think "Anti-Orgasm" pinch hit for "White Kross" last night.

edit: here's a link to the RFT's review http://blogs.riverfronttimes.com/atoz/2009/07/photos_review_setlist_sonic_youth_st_louis_july_17 _2009_gateway_arch_video_thurston_moore_eternal_ki m_gordon_live_levee_schedule.php

by Annie Zaleski... "Anti-Orgasm" was actually played before "Massage History"
humbucker is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.18.2009, 09:55 PM   #36
Leetdude
little trouble girl

Leetdude kicks all y'all's assesLeetdude kicks all y'all's assesLeetdude kicks all y'all's assesLeetdude kicks all y'all's assesLeetdude kicks all y'all's assesLeetdude kicks all y'all's assesLeetdude kicks all y'all's assesLeetdude kicks all y'all's assesLeetdude kicks all y'all's assesLeetdude kicks all y'all's assesLeetdude kicks all y'all's asses
Massage the History was the last thing they played before the encores... it made for a nice fadeout.
Leetdude is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.19.2009, 03:13 AM   #37
Satan
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
ar

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!! I"m jealous. What parking garage? I was there like 15ft from the front. But Shadow of A Foubt was fucking great.
where did i run into them? i didn't park in a garage so,
there's a little path coming from uh, market street (??) whatever street the metro station is on, going up to the arch thru the park
i was walking from the street up that path and we happened to cross paths at the same time. very cool.

wtf was that BS drowning them out with shitty music?! that was weird

i get my film back today i hope they turned out good, i probably should have used the nikon instead of a holga but whatever
Old 07.19.2009, 10:54 AM   #38
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satan

wtf was that BS drowning them out with shitty music?! that was weird

i get my film back today i hope they turned out good, i probably should have used the nikon instead of a holga but whatever

oh you mean at the end? I was hoping they would turn up their amps and drown that shit out. haha...
Old 07.19.2009, 11:39 AM   #39
Satan
invito al cielo

yeah i know where's the sound guy when you need him, right?
i JUST got my pictures back i will post them when i am done putting them on the comp
Old 07.19.2009, 12:36 PM   #40
Satan
invito al cielo

pics are in the photography thread

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth