Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Unhealthy Obsessions that led to psychic decline
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.06.2009, 10:01 PM   #21
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
When I listen to Echo & the Bunnymen, particularly Porcupine and Heaven Up Here, I do start to feel rather like I'm high on acid and sometimes come close to having flashbacks. It doesn't make me become an 18 year old fry head again, but I does remind me vividly of how great it felt.

I can't really listen to Mudhoney properly without getting drunk, which is not something I have much time to do these days. It's not like hearing "Touch Me I'm Sick" or "In and Out of Grace" will make me into a raging drunk, but it would taken an inordinate amount of dark beer to make me really have that feeling of watching them ring in New Year's Eve at the Central Tavern in 1989 by covering the Stooges classic and changing the date. Realistically, I'd be hung over for a week just trying to get there.

As for the Smiths, never my thing (I've gone in the reverse direction of Pork Marras in that I can appreciate them now, while then I was "too punk", which is of course laughable). Even with a newfound appreciation for the pop skills of the band, I always end up wanting to shove a sock in Morrisey's mouth before long. I've never been struck one way or the other by the drummer, except to think the drum part on "How Soon is Now" is exceptionally cool (though I'm sure it was completely put together in the studio).
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.06.2009, 10:02 PM   #22
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Heheh.

HEAVEN UP HERE is awesome. I recently sold about 150 cd's and that was the only one I regretted selling...

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.06.2009, 10:07 PM   #23
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Heheh.

HEAVEN UP HERE is awesome. I recently sold about 150 cd's and that was the only one I regretted selling...

There should be a separate thread for stuff you regret selling. I'd be afraid to admit hereabouts the vinyl I let go when I decided I just couldn't stand the space it took up anymore (this was around '96, I also stopped collecting books I'd already read and anything else I'd ever collected really, except show flyers, God help me, I kept all of those...)
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth