Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Be nice to each other!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.18.2014, 06:01 PM   #1
Chris Lawrence

Chris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's asses
Hi everyone,

This thread had more reported posts than any other thread since a few of us were made moderators to deal with dozens and dozens of daily spambot posts. In fact, these may be the first non-spam posts that I've seen reported, though I'm not 100% sure about that...

As I mentioned in that thread, I don't read the Non-Sonics forums so I feel particularly lame coming in here and making a sticky thread telling you all to play nice, but here's what happened:

- multiple people reported gast30's posts due to their hateful content
- I looked at the thread and saw people on both sides of the argument, so I looked at gast's posting history and agreed that it was a little disturbing
- I asked the other moderators for advice, we agreed to issue a warning to gast
- I contacted gast to encourage him to try to enjoy the forum without using words like jew, gay, ape, etc in a deliberately incendiary manner
- gast replied with a long message basically disagreeing with my request and saying he would no longer visit the forum

So, here we are. I replied and encouraged gast not to leave, but it's been about a week without response. I didn't intend to drive him away, BUT...

It is the stance of the moderators that while heated debates, nasty arguments, and otherwise dissenting opinions are the seeming lifeblood of this Non-Sonics forum, it should be done without using language that outright attacks individuals in a hateful manner - I don't think I need to explain this further (the thread linked above is a fine example). Any posts that cross this line (and we recognize that it's a blurry, individual line) should be reported and we'll take a look.

Again, I doubt this will be an issue since you all seem to be doing fine so far in your crazy corner of this forum. I'm only posting this long-winded sermon in the interest of transparency and to clearly state what should otherwise be obvious: NO FUCKING HATE SPEECH, DAMMIT!!!

Thank you!
http://www.sonicyouth.com/mustang // original folk blues ... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .i'm the boy that can enjoy invisibility. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Chris Lawrence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.18.2014, 06:05 PM   #2
stu666
Super Moderator

stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses
Very well put Chris

http://tapewormstu.blogspot.co.uk/

stu666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.18.2014, 06:48 PM   #3
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
And a big plus one from me to Chris L (and stu) too

e2a: And the other mods too!
Old 02.18.2014, 07:04 PM   #4
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
This forum must seem awfully dull if you only ever visit the Sonic sections.

If I promise to be nice will you promise not to frighten me off?
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.18.2014, 07:20 PM   #5
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
On the one hand Gast was annoying, but on the other hand he was clearly mentally ill.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.18.2014, 07:28 PM   #6
Antagon
invito al cielo

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses
Gast seemed like a bigoted, grammatically challenged version of Tommy Wiseau to me. But this comparison probably still makes him seem much nicer than he was.

Antagon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.18.2014, 08:41 PM   #7
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
On the one hand Gast was annoying, but on the other hand he was clearly mentally ill.

indeed. you can't reason with the insane.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.18.2014, 08:44 PM   #8
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Whoa, I think this is the first and only time I've ever seen this happen before. We must all be getting soft around here yo!

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.18.2014, 09:06 PM   #9
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
i wish the name of this thread had been

BE EXCELLENT TO EACH OTHER

Old 02.18.2014, 09:13 PM   #10
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
gast was one of the reasons I stopped posting here awhile back. When a lot of the prolific regulars left and the forum got clogged up with gast's incoherent bullshit, it became harder and harder to find the motivation to post here. I'm glad he's gone.
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.18.2014, 09:59 PM   #11
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
gast really stopped a lot of people from posting, but I don't think it was the content but the quantity. Personally, I always thought the mods should have confronted his bulk posting, not because it was bad or offensive, but simply because it was too much. Hey gasty, don't bogart the forum yo!

Old 02.18.2014, 10:19 PM   #12
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
When it comes to quantity, the same could be said about yourself or many others from over the years. There was once a time when atsonicpark dominated this board and I don't recall anyone complaining about that.

The way I read it, the problem isn't people who choose to bogart the forum......it’s those who choose to respond!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
gast really stopped a lot of people from posting, but I don't think it was the content but the quantity. Personally, I always thought the mods should have confronted his bulk posting, not because it was bad or offensive, but simply because it was too much. Hey gasty, don't bogart the forum yo!
Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.18.2014, 10:21 PM   #13
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
gast had the distinction of both flooding the forum with his posts AND posting stuff no one wanted to read. It became super irritating. atsonicpark posted a lot but at least he made posts worth reading.
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.18.2014, 10:26 PM   #14
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek
gast had the distinction of both flooding the forum with his posts AND posting stuff no one wanted to read. It became super irritating. atsonicpark posted a lot but at least he made posts worth reading.

I agree completely, I just think that this particular moderation is less necessary than say, moderating two years ago when gast first starting bombing the forum which chased away so many users.

Old 02.18.2014, 10:29 PM   #15
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
When it comes to quantity, the same could be said about yourself or many others from over the years. There was once a time when atsonicpark dominated this board and I don't recall anyone complaining about that.

The way I read it, the problem isn't people who choose to bogart the forum......it those who choose to respond!

Bullshit. It wasn't about dominating the board, there is no other way to say it, gast was spam yo. He was posting up to 20 or 30 empty, meaningless, incoherent threads a day. It got so bad that when you logged in, all you saw was two pages of gast threads. THAT is why people left more than anything, even I left for a year until gast stopped posting. But hey, thanks for throwing me under the fucking bus with my 3 posts a day for 10 years, dick.

Old 02.18.2014, 10:39 PM   #16
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
I agree completely, I just think that this particular moderation is less necessary than say, moderating two years ago when gast first starting bombing the forum which chased away so many users.

YES.
Old 02.18.2014, 10:41 PM   #17
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to !@#$%! again.

Old 02.19.2014, 06:01 AM   #18
Cunt
bad moon rising

Cunt kicks all y'all's assesCunt kicks all y'all's assesCunt kicks all y'all's assesCunt kicks all y'all's assesCunt kicks all y'all's assesCunt kicks all y'all's assesCunt kicks all y'all's assesCunt kicks all y'all's assesCunt kicks all y'all's assesCunt kicks all y'all's assesCunt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
the same could be said about yourself[suchfriends]
Ah, so it's just not me that finds the flooding of funny recycled memes annoying.
Cunt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.19.2014, 06:06 AM   #19
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
is that ape or rape?
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.19.2014, 06:18 AM   #20
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses

Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth