Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page why don't you jews look at your own genocides and humantraffic
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.08.2014, 09:18 AM   #61
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
I think Irreversible sets a precent for European films dealing with drama and the French have been great for opening up the gates to this sort of approach. A film like Martyrs is very whatever horror bullshit at first viewing (Hollywood wannabe or something) and then....BANG! Towards the end everything takes a more theatrical approach to moving images. Check out how they built the scenes.

I remember critics writing about some kind of new european 'extreme' art cinema on the strength of directors like Noe, Lars Von Trier and Francois Ozon and other films like Base Moi and Nil By Mouth all arriving on the scene at roughly the same time. They were being talked about as representing a response to films like Amelie, which were thought to be in danger of reducing European art cinema at that time down to a kind of touristic, feel-good picture-postcard view of Europe.

I was never sure what to make of Noe or Ozon but while I'm probably even more suspicious of Von Trier's motives, he definitely seemed like the one real talent to come out of that whole scene.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.08.2014, 09:19 AM   #62
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
* bored by them. drunk and sleepless. SONIC LYFFE!
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.08.2014, 10:09 AM   #63
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by MellySingsDoom
Right, as promised, Belluci-pix a go go:

…!!!
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.08.2014, 12:07 PM   #64
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
None of them have a foreskin.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.08.2014, 12:45 PM   #65
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
I had to watch Martyrs at work last year, it is possible the most pretentious thing I have ever seen.

The trouble with Enter the Void for me was that beyond the visuals I thought it was totally vacuous.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.08.2014, 12:58 PM   #66
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses

!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.08.2014, 01:07 PM   #67
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Schunk
I'm sorry, but this point is too important to be left up to those psychotic to be allowed an audience. Yet, do I mean gast should be banned? Not in the slightest! He should certainly be allowed to have his opinions aired fully in public, and to read the full range of responses to his arguments. After all, official censorship often lends credence to nonsensical arguments elevating their importance far beyond their merit.

Par exemple: Experiments have been conducted concerning the baking of matzo using (animal) blood, and the kitchen wound up being laden with smoke to the point that the while thing needed to be called off.

As a believing Roman Catholic, I find the Blood Libel to be nothing less than blasphemy against the Blessed Sacrament, which is held by Catholics to constitute the actual substance of Jesus Christ, in the fullness of His Body, Blood, Soul, and Divinity. The idea that Jews would use the blood of Christian children to bake matzos violates Jewish religious law even as it undermines the very foundation of the Christian faith, in that it makes of the Blessed Sacrament merely another piece of bread, rather than the true presence of God. In other words, it's not only anti-Semitic, but anti-Roman Catholic, anti-Byzantine Catholic, anti-Coptic Cathoclic, etc..

NOW DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHY WE CATHOLICS FOUGHT THE LATE-MEDAEVAL EUROPEAN WARS WITH SUCH ENERGY????

jesus fucking christ what.
dead_battery is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.08.2014, 01:13 PM   #68
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
I don't know what this thread is about and don't care to read it but can we ban gast already? It's a bunch of gibberish no one reads. Not much of a level above say, a spambot, which we do ban.
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.08.2014, 01:15 PM   #69
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
exactly.
dead_battery is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.08.2014, 03:03 PM   #70
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
I dont think we should ban Gast, he's so incoherant, he could never convince anyone with an arguement becuz he doesnt posess an arguement.

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.08.2014, 09:32 PM   #71
Chris Lawrence

Chris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's asses
Hi everyone,

My social anxiety renders me terrified of the two non-Sonic Youth forums at this site. On the rare occasion I do peek in, it seems like an entirely different community and I can't follow the discussions. That said, I think it's awesome that there's this whole world of people who love and annoy and entertain each other in the non-Sonic forums, presumably having initially registered here due to some interest in SY.

At some point, a few of us were made moderators to help deal with the ridiculous amount of spam (which the average poster never sees but if you could, you would probably stop visiting). While we have discretion to manage non-spam posts, I can only speak for myself. I don't police these sub-forums, I don't know who gast is, I certainly don't approve of this thread in particular but at the same time, I don't want to read their 7000 other posts to figure out what else they're contributing. Plus, what offends me may not offend others and vice versa. So, banning individuals seems like a last resort (and I should point out that one registered member still occasionally sends me death threats!)

I agree with those who say the ignore feature is the best response. This thread should have ended at one post. Aside from some lovely ladies, what else have the responses contributed?

Aaaanyway. If this persists/escalates/requires re-evaluation, you can find me in the SY forum discussing the variances in locked grooves on difference pressings of EVOL. Thanks everyone!
http://www.sonicyouth.com/mustang // original folk blues ... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .i'm the boy that can enjoy invisibility. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Chris Lawrence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.08.2014, 10:01 PM   #72
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Schunk
anti-Coptic Cathoclic, etc..

I like how you even tried to bait me in with that, but I'm Oriental Orthodox, we haven't been "Catholic" for 1500 years, and to be honest,
we let the Latins hang around Egypt and Ethiopia to be polite.

Quote:

NOW DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHY WE CATHOLICS FOUGHT THE LATE-MEDAEVAL EUROPEAN WARS WITH SUCH ENERGY????

I do, but these folks surely have no idea what you're talking about, but I sure do wish y'all had won those wars, the subsequent reign of competing heresies and make-believe Christianity has spawned a terrible world of unfettered capitalism and mindless warfare.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.08.2014, 10:13 PM   #73
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
Anyone fancy a hobnob, then?

Old 02.08.2014, 10:16 PM   #74
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
I looked at my humantraffic.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.08.2014, 10:20 PM   #75
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
Uncarved website/blog guru John Eden outed in "dictatorial editor" shocker: http://seagullscreamingkillherkillhe...ntributor.html
Old 02.09.2014, 05:34 AM   #76
Nefeli
invito al cielo

Nefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Irreversible's brilliant but depresses me too much. I've only seen it once and don't think I could again.

same here.
i left the room when the rape was taking place. i think it was worse being able to hear her cries.
Nefeli is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.10.2014, 01:42 AM   #77
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.10.2014, 05:13 AM   #78
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
I remember critics writing about some kind of new european 'extreme' art cinema on the strength of directors like Noe, Lars Von Trier and Francois Ozon and other films like Base Moi and Nil By Mouth all arriving on the scene at roughly the same time. They were being talked about as representing a response to films like Amelie, which were thought to be in danger of reducing European art cinema at that time down to a kind of touristic, feel-good picture-postcard view of Europe.

I was never sure what to make of Noe or Ozon but while I'm probably even more suspicious of Von Trier's motives, he definitely seemed like the one real talent to come out of that whole scene.

i was referring specifically to all that new french extremity stuff.
of all the the people you mentioned von trier is the one I like the least.
i don't think it's a coincidence that he got bjork to act in one of his films because he's like the film director version of her.
Old 02.10.2014, 08:33 AM   #79
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Keeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's asses
gast30 is a legend, so desist with your puerile witch-hunt and pc posturing. If not I'll post a photo of myself burning a copy of the Guardian whilst wearing a Ku Klux Klan hood, which I know will send you lot into an apoplectic fit of outrage.
Keeping It Simple is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.10.2014, 08:36 AM   #80
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeping It Simple
gast30 is a legend, so desist with your puerile witch-hunt and pc posturing. If not I'll post a photo of myself burning a copy of the Guardian whilst wearing a Ku Klux Klan hood, which I know will send you lot into an apoplectic fit of outrage.
hahaha

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth