Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page louder's hip-hop café II
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.07.2013, 07:29 AM   #1141
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
yeah man! like i said, it's my 2nd fav album of the year. gonna buy it today.

aTENTion and Exodus = wow.

Yeezus still #1 by a landslide though.
louder is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.07.2013, 02:04 PM   #1142
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
oh and Blue Chips 2 is my choice for mixtape of the year.

http://www.livemixtapes.com/mixtapes...e-chips-2.html
Old 11.08.2013, 06:37 PM   #1143
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
MMLP2 is pretty boring. Shut it off after 3 songs.

Nothing Was The Same is pretty good. Need more listens. A lot of it blurs together.

OLD is awesome.
Old 11.08.2013, 10:50 PM   #1144
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
How did we miss this new MC Tree shit "32 Shots" in September?? Shit is sick. Those are some straight RZA beats yo! Dude needs to get serious so we can actually buy his records already, these mix-tape downloads are getting harder to find!

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.09.2013, 04:58 AM   #1145
louder
invito al cielo

Sky Ferreira's album is dope.
Old 11.09.2013, 09:25 AM   #1146
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
Sky Ferreira's album is dope.

was curious.
Old 11.09.2013, 10:58 PM   #1147
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
How did we miss this new MC Tree shit "32 Shots" in September?? Shit is sick. Those are some straight RZA beats yo! Dude needs to get serious so we can actually buy his records already, these mix-tape downloads are getting harder to find!

God dammit, I saw that references somewhere but thought it was another "tree"
(There are many green thumb musicians out there it would seem).

Anyway, hook us up!
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.09.2013, 11:09 PM   #1148
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Anybody going to bother telling me what they think of Doley's "Just in Case" mixtape, or is this just going to be "Event II" all over again?

(I still cannot believe that after all the hand rubbing, nobody else even bothered to comment on Deltron II... I have no one to bounce thoughts off of!)

SERIOUSLY when someone says something is dope in this thread, I do my duty and listen to/buy/pirate the thing as soon as possible, so I can rant and rave over the release like crazy with you guys.

Yet, for some reason, new releases by Joey Basa$$, Doley, Deltron, and even Black Milk (!!!) have gone largely undiscussed, if ever mentioned, despite my overly wordy initial impressions, and eventual stamp of approval. Well... No stamp for Deltron yet, because I have no one to talk about it with, so I've barely listened to it myself! When a simple "yeh Sev, you're right. Too many comedians, not enough dramatic production" would have put the matter to rest then and there.

Let's try to maintain a level of discourse here, ok gentlemen?
Old 11.10.2013, 10:46 AM   #1149
noisereductions
invito al cielo

I didn't even realize that Deltron was out dood.
Old 11.10.2013, 10:47 AM   #1150
louder
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
OLD is awesome.
word breh. starting to really feel it.
Old 11.11.2013, 01:31 AM   #1151
louder
invito al cielo

Yeezus
Matangi
Old
Long.Live.A$AP

yes!
Old 11.11.2013, 07:08 AM   #1152
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
I didn't even realize that Deltron was out dood.

I made a number of posts about it on the day of its release.

I'm not really pissed or anything. I just don't get to do much talking about hip hop in my day to day life.

I did assume that you were all stoked as fuck for the release, and that you'd be on it as quickly as I was. But it seems as though no one's even heard it.

ah well
Old 11.11.2013, 03:06 PM   #1153
louder
invito al cielo

great interview with Action Bronson - http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...woman-20131101

about his major-label debut: "I got Kool G Rap on a song. I'm hoping to get Nas on a song. There's another one with all the Mobb Deep guys – Havoc, Prodigy, Big Noyd, Big Twins". WOW!

---

also, bad news about Wu-Tang's final album (it may never come out):

http://pitchfork.com/news/52960-rza-...ay-on-raekwon/
Quote:
It's like, wow, I kept trying to pull people together. I spent a lot of money and a lot of time this year. I put my movie career on hold for the first half of the year because I was focusing on making this. I went down to Memphis, I went down to Philadelphia, I came back to the East Coast to reopen the Wu Mansion [RZA's old house in New Jersey, where a bulk of post–36 Chambers material was recorded]. I invested thousands of dollars to rebuild it so that we can have a place to record a new album. And when I scheduled that to happen, only a few good brothers showed up.
And one of the guys who showed up the most was Method Man. He showed the most tenacity, he was the most vocal, he showed up the most, and he got the most lyrics on the new album. He's already recorded eight or nine songs. He’s been on it. You know, I give Cappadonna credit, he’s been really on it. U-God has been present. Masta Killa be representing. Inspectah Deck has been somewhat present. Ghost has been, you know, 20 percent present. And Raekwon hasn't shown up at all. When you look at somebody like Masta Killa and U-God, they seem to have that original hunger to complete the legacy. I respect that everybody [is] busy with they own lives. I started with a plan that I thought would work. Now maybe my plan not working.

Raekwon's response: "Yea i just read that rza article? Shit is funny to me".
https://twitter.com/Raekwon/status/399248000179904513

Bronsolinio is bringing NY back, not Wu-Tang.
Old 11.11.2013, 09:52 PM   #1154
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
great interview with Action Bronson - http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...woman-20131101

about his major-label debut: "I got Kool G Rap on a song. I'm hoping to get Nas on a song. There's another one with all the Mobb Deep guys – Havoc, Prodigy, Big Noyd, Big Twins". WOW!

---

also, bad news about Wu-Tang's final album (it may never come out):

http://pitchfork.com/news/52960-rza-...ay-on-raekwon/

Raekwon's response: "Yea i just read that rza article? Shit is funny to me".
https://twitter.com/Raekwon/status/399248000179904513

Bronsolinio is bringing NY back, not Wu-Tang.

Louder, come on man. Have some respect for the Wu, man.

This is kind of heartbreaking to hear. Mixtape virtuosos come and go, but Wu Tang is supposed to be forever. He'll, they already are. This is just a damn shame. Twenty years into the best group career in hip hop, and it sounds like it's either going to end closer to the 15 year mark, with an epic peter-out, or with the most boring Wu album ever recorded (sorry U god, MK) because not even Meth's most tenacious input can make a true Wi Tang album if Raekwon, Ghostface and Gza are not going to be present.!

We must keep the faith!
Old 11.12.2013, 03:37 AM   #1155
louder
invito al cielo

Ghost, GZA and Rae are the most interesting rappers in Wu-Tang, by far.. to me, anyway.

don't care about an album with Cappadonna and U-God all over it.

such a shame, i was hoping they'd go out with a bang.. just like their debut, except with more modern production and relevant subject matter (now that they're rich, popular, etc). imagine how good that could be.
Old 11.12.2013, 03:41 AM   #1156
louder
invito al cielo

i bet Ghost was disappointed cuz RZA didn't let him executive produce the album: http://theversed.com/2013/03/22/ghos...ng-clan-album/
Old 11.12.2013, 07:50 AM   #1157
Severian
invito al cielo

Aw c'mon man. Ghost has earned his stripes. Throw the guy a bone. Don't be some kind of militant production nazi. All it would mean is that Ghost would get a title for spending more of the dough, and since he surely has more dough, At this point, I see no harm in it.

Though I can also see Rza wanting to end the legacy (btw: is this really their last album? I had no idea that was already a foregone conclusion, but I'll morn them later) in the exact same way he started it. Wu Tang has always been his baby... He created the sound that stood out among the gangsta rap records that dominated the '90s, while also kind of being part of that very scene. In a sense that makes him something of a counterculture figure in hip hop... But I digress.

Point is, Dre was an amazing producer. Puffy--unfortunately-- is credited with for the definitive gangsta statement, Ready to Die, and Without ever having an entire corporation/mafia to back them up, Wu Tang essentially became the third party hip hop sound of the '90s all because of Rza.

Call him the Ross Perot of hip hop. Actually, don't, but you know what I mean... Maybe. Never mind. Scratch that. I'm just saying the Wu sound is as iconic as the "west coast" '90s sound (or the east coast one- even though Wu Tang was clearly about as NYC as you can get) as a whole, and they were just one fucking group. Twenty years later, Dre may be referenced from time to time, and certain NYC artists from that era (or shortly thereafter) are, of course, now reigning over hip hop like a puppet master, but who's sound is ALWAYS heard in the best new underground rap music? Snoop and Dre? Nas? Jay-Z? With all due respect, fuck no. The only thing all brilliant new emcees and producers seem to agree on is that Wu Tang was, and is, the gold standard for daring and innovative rap music.

Uh... Lost it there. Oh yeah... I can see rza wanting to have complete control over the last will and testament of his life's work. GFK will have more than plenty opportunities to produce should he choose to take them. Maybe everyone should just shut up and let Rza do what Rza does.

But yeah... Only if Raekwon, GFK, and Gza are going to be ruling the mic. That is the way of the Wu.
Old 11.12.2013, 03:56 PM   #1158
louder
invito al cielo

Old is so amazing, i'm starting to wonder if i like it more than Yeezus.
Old 11.12.2013, 07:21 PM   #1159
noisereductions
invito al cielo

don't sleep on Cappadonna. And you don't think Masta Killa is interesting?

But yeah, you need them all there to call it a Wu album proper.
Old 11.12.2013, 09:00 PM   #1160
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Old is so amazing, i'm starting to wonder if i like it more than Yeezus.

I did some research. Turns out you don't.

Of all the great rap albums this year, ( mixtape not included) I think Yeezus, 12 Reasons, Long.Live.A$AP and My Name... Are the only ones that will end up in my cross-genre favorite albums of the year list. Sorry, but noise, classic indie, dance, and heavy-type-stuff have been too strong this year.

Wait... Doris might make it. So might the new Black Milk. Y'all are mo def than Mos if you still haven't given that one a spin.

Anyone else listen to this crazy good Botany album yet? I've dropped it in the "most recent album purchases" and " what are you listening to?" Threads. It has made a very very strong impression on me and I haven't been able to stop bumpin' it. It's only hip hop in places, but holy shit is it good.

You heard it here folks. Botany - "Lava Diviner (Truestory)"
Wait till kids get a load of this one.
48555657 58 59606168 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth