Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page the problems of CANADA
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.13.2011, 10:14 AM   #61
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
An older version of me
Is she perverted like me
Would she go down on you in a theatre
Does she speak eloquently
And would she have your baby
I'm sure she'd make a really excellent mother

'cause the love that you gave that we made wasn't able
To make it enough for you to be open wide, no

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.13.2011, 10:43 AM   #62
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
ALANIS!!
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.13.2011, 11:06 AM   #63
keep poppin pimples
expwy. to yr skull

keep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon boy
i am sensing by the pictures you posted that your a little on the right leaning side, hence the utter denial anything is wrong or that maybe just maybe some people live in shitty bad situations comparable to third world living, this is a canadian health study finding. not everything is as a black and white, cut and dry as you think but seeing as you dont really seem to know much about the dtes other than being a day laborer (whatever that means) and talking to a few 'hobo's' i wouldnt expect you to get it.

anyway thats the last i will say on the subject as i have better things to do like annoy canadian ice hockey fans for being so dull.

judging by the pictures i posted huh.

every single person in the pictures has been canadian prime minister in the last twenty year, it's very unbiased information, be honest, did you recognize any but harper?

would i stop being right wing if i posted chretien? lol, do you know the forum has a limit on how many pictures you can have in a post

people in vancouver do not live in comparable conditions to the third world, if you can walk five minutes and not be surrounded by people with aids that's alot different than the third world, if you can get clean water anytime congrats you're in the better part of the first

if you don't know what a day labourer is(and you spelled it the american way you ponce) and put "hobo" in brackets you can't know very much about homelessness in western canada at all, how can talk to homeless people and not hear each of those terms eighty times a day, are you maybe lying ?

are you sure are these you're helping don't think you're a total dickbag and only deal with you because they have no choice?

the worst aspect is you've taken it personally that i don't think living in vancouver is comparable to the third world, it's hilarious because it's not personal, you're not poor and aren't from vancouver.

do you want to lace up the skates and take this to the ice, guy? i know you're just here to use others poverty to feel knowledgeable, but in this country you pay dues by losing teeth and getting hit with frozen rubber in the head repeatedly, stay on side jonboy, stay on side
keep poppin pimples is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.13.2011, 11:14 AM   #64
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
do you reckon Alanis goes down on guys in theaters?

and here I thought someone spilled their drink.

floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.13.2011, 11:39 AM   #65
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by keep poppin pimples
judging by the pictures i posted huh.

every single person in the pictures has been canadian prime minister in the last twenty year, it's very unbiased information, be honest, did you recognize any but harper?

would i stop being right wing if i posted chretien? lol, do you know the forum has a limit on how many pictures you can have in a post

people in vancouver do not live in comparable conditions to the third world, if you can walk five minutes and not be surrounded by people with aids that's alot different than the third world, if you can get clean water anytime congrats you're in the better part of the first

if you don't know what a day labourer is(and you spelled it the american way you ponce) and put "hobo" in brackets you can't know very much about homelessness in western canada at all, how can talk to homeless people and not hear each of those terms eighty times a day, are you maybe lying ?

are you sure are these you're helping don't think you're a total dickbag and only deal with you because they have no choice?

the worst aspect is you've taken it personally that i don't think living in vancouver is comparable to the third world, it's hilarious because it's not personal, you're not poor and aren't from vancouver.

do you want to lace up the skates and take this to the ice, guy? i know you're just here to use others poverty to feel knowledgeable, but in this country you pay dues by losing teeth and getting hit with frozen rubber in the head repeatedly, stay on side jonboy, stay on side

just watch the first few minutes of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6-1o...eature=related

i work for a homeless organisation, i volunteer in the dtes, have lived in van for four years. you certainly can walk five minutes and be surrounded by many homeless people who are hiv positive, hep c positive, mentally ill. anyone knows that here. i mentioned some places earlier that you dont seem to know much about, blood alley, vandu, rain city, insite, the carnegie, etc etc etc. you seem to think that things are not so bad down there but as you dont know the area i wouldnt expect you to know the situation and the fact that you posted a picture of harper who's regime wants to close insite (once again do you know what that is?). i am not trying to make myself feel better, i just cant sit idly by and watch the situation and not do anything.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.13.2011, 11:40 AM   #66
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
why so many people with aids?
doesn't the government give out condoms and hiv medication?
wondering.

also, every city in the world has drug addicts, poor areas and mentally ill homeless people.

i'm sure it's shit but everyone knows that overall canada has good living standards, especially in comparison to third world or developing countries.

Old 10.13.2011, 11:45 AM   #67
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by knox
why so many people with aids?
doesn't the government give out condoms and hiv medication?
wondering.

the drug scene here is massive (and very open) and the living conditions (for some people) are atrocious. there is a legal injection site which is the first legal one in north america but the current government (keep popping pimples poster boy) wanted to close it for many years despite the many thousand lives it has saved and only last week where told they could stay open.

V

_ \ / _
/ \

Old 10.13.2011, 11:46 AM   #68
knox
invito al cielo

Quote:
the drug scene here is massive (and very open) and the living conditions (for some people) are atrocious. there is a legal injection site which is the first legal one in north america but the current government (keep popping pimples poster boy) wanted to close it for many years despite the many thousand lives it has saved and only last week where told they could stay open.

i'm sure that's all true (and bad) but that does not necessarily reflect the overall standards or make it equal to a third world country's.

Old 10.13.2011, 11:48 AM   #69
jon boy
invito al cielo

Quote:
i'm sure that's all true (and bad) but that does not necessarily reflect the overall standards or make it equal to a third world country's.

its certainly not true for the vast majority but there are many people who live in that situation.

obviously living in canada is not comparable to living in the third world but there are many people in vancouver that exist in the mire.

V

_ \ / _
/ \

Old 10.13.2011, 11:55 AM   #70
knox
invito al cielo

Quote:
its certainly not true for the vast majority but there are many people who live in that situation.

obviously living in canada is not comparable to living in the third world but there are many people in vancouver that exist in the mire.

i'm sure.
but that's not what you said earlier?

i mean, how many? % vs. total population?

not saying it's not important, just that you seemed to be exaggerating a bit.

idk.
every ten minute walk for me includes avoiding an average of 10 crackheads so i think i'd be ok with it.

Old 10.13.2011, 11:59 AM   #71
dirty bunny
expwy. to yr skull

dirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's asses
A family friend got mugged in Vancouver. However, Vancouver is probably my favourite city.

I've only skimmed this thread but it's pretty amusing and ridiculous.
Old 10.13.2011, 11:59 AM   #72
jon boy
invito al cielo

Quote:
i'm sure.
but that's not what you said earlier?

i mean, how many? % X the total population?

idk.
every ten minute walk for me includes avoiding an average of 10 crackheads so i think i'd be ok with it.

obviously i am talking about certain aspects of canada, not the entire country. hence the pictures and discussion about the area i know.

V

_ \ / _
/ \

Old 10.13.2011, 12:00 PM   #73
jon boy
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty bunny
A family friend got mugged in Vancouver. However, Vancouver is probably my favourite city.

I've only skimmed this thread but it's pretty amusing and ridiculous.

yeh it is ridiculous.

V

_ \ / _
/ \

Old 10.13.2011, 12:04 PM   #74
knox
invito al cielo

the idea that there is a city in the world where you won't ever get mugged is still unreal to me.

Old 10.13.2011, 12:06 PM   #75
jon boy
invito al cielo

Quote:
the idea that there is a city in the world where you won't ever get mugged is still unreal to me.

i heard montreal is that place. keep popin zits is so easy to annoy.

V

_ \ / _
/ \

Old 10.13.2011, 12:12 PM   #76
dirty bunny
expwy. to yr skull

dirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's asses
Well when that happened my family and myself were truly shocked and saddened. I had walked in broad daylight in the downtown eastside and it was unkempt and maybe a little scummy back then. But in no way did it seem dangerous. And it wasn't that many years before my family friend got mugged. So it was a wake-up call... those streets that seemed so safe suddenly weren't.
Old 10.13.2011, 12:13 PM   #77
knox
invito al cielo

few years between one mugging and the other would be a good deal for me

how was it? gun stuff?

Old 10.13.2011, 12:18 PM   #78
keep poppin pimples
expwy. to yr skull

keep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

jon boy like i said a dozen times i've been going to vancouver since the mid 90s and have seen all that shit a million times.

i don't know every place in vancouver, i don't live there, why would i know the name of all ? do you know where the st. regis hotel was in calgary? i'm not ignorant to the reality because not only have i been going there since i was child.... but because the exact same shit exists right here, i'm in the next large city there are many homeless people from vancouver living here, both in the street and in better circumstances... do you actually talk with people? i bet you there's a shit ton of people around you who have lived in calgary.

"you certainly can walk five minutes and be surrounded by many homeless people who are hiv positive, hep c positive, mentally ill"

you've literally turned a statement into the exact opposite of what was written...how can i take you seriously? i said, quite correctly that from anywhere in vancouver you're within walking distance of a safe neighbourhood full of rich people and little sti prevalence.

i'm comfortable with that statement because i've done it a million times

do you think that's possible in botswana? how far do you think people in the third world need to walk to get out of the aids zone? they'll probably reach an ocean or border before they get out of it.

this is why it's ridiculous first to compare a small area(one incredibly atypical of the city it's in, and where many residents where not born into that situation) to "the third world"

it's not similar, you don't need to be homeless or mentally ill to be poor and get aids in the carribean, you just need the bad luck of being born there.. if you develop a drug addiction or mental illness in the third world yr best chance of getting decent help would be to move somewhere like vancouver.

"the fact you posted a picture of stephen harper"

first of all you're thick as hell

do you not get the obvious meaning of the post? seriously?

i wrote that canada greatly values multiculturalism and democracy and then posted the results of federal democracy

do you get it? i'm showing how canadian people love diversity but the only people who get elected are english/scottish/irish or french origin

do you seriously not get that??? wtf, the point of that was to say that anglo-canadian residents are more racist than they'll admit to, maybe you're just too anglo to get it?

furthermore if you're in any way surprised to see a photo of the darn prime minister in canada thread.... that just doesn't make sense.

everybody knows vancouver has places where they let you use heroin, seriously just about every person in canada knows that.

harper wants to shut insite down, yeah i didn't know that, it's not remotely surprising

it's also not relevant, i never said being homeless with aids does not suck

what does harpers opinion on something in vancouver do to make it comparable to the third world???

seriously, answer that question, because nothing you've said verifies the statement that L.E.S. standard of living is worse than the third world, all you did is quote some sensationally worded study meant to shock canadian people.

you can not compare a neighbourhood to a country (botswana) or massive region/concept like the third world

the LES is awful because that's where vancouver keeps people they don't care about... it is one neighbourhood.

what do you think would happen if you took all the poorest people in botswana and stuck them in one place? it wouldn't happen because the services offered in east vancouver are probably not available in botswana, and there won't be a mcdonalds and tim hortons to give you free water and let you use the toilet. water that doesn't make you sick, and being able to shit in a place you don't drink from(and flush it too ffs) are very clear signs that you are not living in a third world condition, vancouver has never been comparable to sierra leone in any way, and sierra leone is an entire country, not a neighbourhood

the worst case scenario in canada is the same quality of life a normal person in the third world will be lucky to get, you don't need to have a multitude of serious mental/substance unemployment issues to poor as fuck in africa, it just happens because you weren't born in canada.

it's a an incredibly colonial state of mind to think you can compare anywhere in vancouver to the third world. the only places in canada where i would take that statement seriously is on the reservations.

in point, i've been spending time in a vancouver for longer than you, worked with thousands of people who lived there, and don't particularly love stephen harper

so pull yr head up yr ass man, you don't work anywhere near as bad as haiti or sierra leone and you're a real douche for thinking otherwise.

i respect your work honestly, but not your opinion..which is laughable
Old 10.13.2011, 12:20 PM   #79
jon boy
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep poppin pimples
jon boy like i said a dozen times i've been going to vancouver since the mid 90s and have seen all that shit a million times.

i don't know every place in vancouver, i don't live there, why would i know the name of all ? do you know where the st. regis hotel was in calgary? i'm not ignorant to the reality because not only have i been going there since i was child.... but because the exact same shit exists right here, i'm in the next large city there are many homeless people from vancouver living here, both in the street and in better circumstances... do you actually talk with people? i bet you there's a shit ton of people around you who have lived in calgary.

"you certainly can walk five minutes and be surrounded by many homeless people who are hiv positive, hep c positive, mentally ill"

you've literally turned a statement into the exact opposite of what was written...how can i take you seriously? i said, quite correctly that from anywhere in vancouver you're within walking distance of a safe neighbourhood full of rich people and little sti prevalence.

i'm comfortable with that statement because i've done it a million times

do you think that's possible in botswana? how far do you think people in the third world need to walk to get out of the aids zone? they'll probably reach an ocean or border before they get out of it.

this is why it's ridiculous first to compare a small area(one incredibly atypical of the city it's in, and where many residents where not born into that situation) to "the third world"

it's not similar, you don't need to be homeless or mentally ill to be poor and get aids in the carribean, you just need the bad luck of being born there.. if you develop a drug addiction or mental illness in the third world yr best chance of getting decent help would be to move somewhere like vancouver.

"the fact you posted a picture of stephen harper"

first of all you're thick as hell

do you not get the obvious meaning of the post? seriously?

i wrote that canada greatly values multiculturalism and democracy and then posted the results of federal democracy

do you get it? i'm showing how canadian people love diversity but the only people who get elected are english/scottish/irish or french origin

do you seriously not get that??? wtf, the point of that was to say that anglo-canadian residents are more racist than they'll admit to, maybe you're just too anglo to get it?

furthermore if you're in any way surprised to see a photo of the darn prime minister in canada thread.... that just doesn't make sense.

everybody knows vancouver has places where they let you use heroin, seriously just about every person in canada knows that.

harper wants to shut insite down, yeah i didn't know that, it's not remotely surprising

it's also not relevant, i never said being homeless with aids does not suck

what does harpers opinion on something in vancouver do to make it comparable to the third world???

seriously, answer that question, because nothing you've said verifies the statement that L.E.S. standard of living is worse than the third world, all you did is quote some sensationally worded study meant to shock canadian people.

you can not compare a neighbourhood to a country (botswana) or massive region/concept like the third world

the LES is awful because that's where vancouver keeps people they don't care about... it is one neighbourhood.

what do you think would happen if you took all the poorest people in botswana and stuck them in one place? it wouldn't happen because the services offered in east vancouver are probably not available in botswana, and there won't be a mcdonalds and tim hortons to give you free water and let you use the toilet. water that doesn't make you sick, and being able to shit in a place you don't drink from(and flush it too ffs) are very clear signs that you are not living in a third world condition, vancouver has never been comparable to sierra leone in any way, and sierra leone is an entire country, not a neighbourhood

the worst case scenario in canada is the same quality of life a normal person in the third world will be lucky to get, you don't need to have a multitude of serious mental/substance unemployment issues to poor as fuck in africa, it just happens because you weren't born in canada.

it's a an incredibly colonial state of mind to think you can compare anywhere in vancouver to the third world. the only places in canada where i would take that statement seriously is on the reservations.

in point, i've been spending time in a vancouver for longer than you, worked with thousands of people who lived there, and don't particularly love stephen harper

so pull yr head up yr ass man, you don't work anywhere near as bad as haiti or sierra leone and you're a real douche for thinking otherwise.

i respect your work honestly, but not your opinion..which is laughable

i got bored after the first line. try harder to impress me then maybe... yawn.

V

_ \ / _
/ \

Old 10.13.2011, 12:21 PM   #80
keep poppin pimples
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:

you realise you've been personally insulting me for making this exact same statement? except i clarified the mire in vancouver is a much smaller and nicer than the mires of a place like port-au-prince.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth