Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Mighty Football Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.15.2017, 02:59 PM   #7981
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
there are yellow shirts everywhere

OH ROBBENNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ha ha hahah a YEAH

Yow!

VS.

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.15.2017, 03:16 PM   #7982
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
holy huevos that alexis goal after the failed penalty
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.15.2017, 03:32 PM   #7983
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
i'm conflicted.

on the one hand, i want bayern to steamroll arsenal

on the other hand, i can't complain that this is a boring game. i might end up with slightly wrecked nerves ha ha ha.

--

yeah lewandowski! i saw it i saw it i saw it

--

YASSSS!!! LEWANDOWSKI>> THIAGO!

--

i hate these fox commentators all they talk about is arsenal and the prem. where is their bundesliga point poerson?

man the ref oh

--

ah, this game is going my way after all. so far anyway.

--

o man. that was great. that was fucking great.

that made my day. and the ramdeuter is back. how great was that. /

a psg-bayern final would be glorious
Old 02.15.2017, 04:42 PM   #7984
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
ah, this game is going my way after all.

No kidding. Complete annihilation. This may mark the beginning of the end for Alexis in Arsenal — the team is never gonna win jack shit apart from the FA or League cups and everybody in Europe wants the guy.

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

Old 02.15.2017, 06:41 PM   #7985
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Sanchez will go for sure. Wenger will never be sacked but surely his own pride will see him leave in the summer. And why the board are wasting an atom of energy trying to get Ozil to sign a new contract is beyond me. The guy's a joke.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.15.2017, 06:47 PM   #7986
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

sanchez to bayern! lolololol
Old 02.15.2017, 07:07 PM   #7987
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
My money's on Juventus, but can see Bayern getting Koscielny. They're looking at him and after Sanchez he might be Arsenal's only other real bit of quality.
Old 02.15.2017, 07:10 PM   #7988
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

Alexis right after Bayern's fifth goal:

Juventus seems to be the main club after him but the Serie A has been boring as turd for several seasons now — no real challenge for the Scudetto, both Milano teams are ass (!@#$%!, last year you mentioned how good Gary Medel is, and you're right, he's a beast; the reason he's not an international superstar —as much as defenders can be— is that Internazionale sucks donkeydongs), too many games put any living creature to sleep, and they don't win dick anyway: Last Champions League? Mourinho's Inter, 2010. Last UEFA Cup/Europa League? Parma 1999!

Bayern could be a nifty destination, but I don't know if they're prepared to shell out that kind of dough. He already was in Barcelona; I don't wanna see him play for Real fuckin' Madrid. The Manchester teams could snatch him, I guess, City in particular...

Old 02.15.2017, 07:23 PM   #7989
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi

Bayern could be a nifty destination, but I don't know if they're prepared to shell out that kind of dough.

http://www.totalsportek.com/money/ri...ootball-clubs/

however, they claim they've surpassed real in some way, jsut read the other day... let me see if i can find it
Old 02.15.2017, 08:23 PM   #7990
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
http://www.totalsportek.com/money/ri...ootball-clubs/

however, they claim they've surpassed real in some way

medical insurance for Robben?
Old 02.15.2017, 09:00 PM   #7991
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
medical insurance for Robben?

ha ha ha ha!

i think the bit of information i had was that back in 2014 or so bayern had higher revenues than real. this has changed lately, around 2016. makes sense as real has racked up the most recent european cups and pep did what pep does which is work for barcelona.

anyway, robben, was he great today or what? and he's 33! bayern sure knows how to take care of its players. ribéry was watching with his wife. he's the injured one right now, but got a contract extension.

robben was talking to his old pal chech after the game, not sure if you spotted them, looked very friendly. probably thanking his lucky stars having landed where he has.

eta: badstuber is the one you have to look at regarding treatments. i am amazed that they keep him around as he easily spends more time on the mend than playing.

http://www.transfermarkt.com/holger-.../spieler/54659

the guy is an injury champion. he wins all the medals for pain.
Old 02.16.2017, 02:36 PM   #7992
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:

anyway, robben, was he great today or what? and he's 33! bayern sure knows how to take care of its players. ribéry was watching with his wife. he's the injured one right now, but got a contract extension.

The goal was great but what was Coquelin doing backing off him like that? If there's one thing you don't do it's give him space and time to switch to his left foot when he's anywhere near shooting range. Not saying he could've stopped him if he had tried to close him down but to back off like that what just criminal defending. It's hardly like no one knows exactly what Robben does.

After Koscielny went off, Arsenal simply collapsed. Credit to Bayern on capitalising on it but Christ did Arsenal make it easy for them in the end. Did anyone even notice that Ozil was playing last night? Guaranteed when the going gets tough that fucker disappears. Mustafi? Coquelin? Gibbs? Iwobi?Awful. Had Ospina not made some great saves, the final score could've been edging towards double figures.

I'm not putting Bayern down, they were excellent, but anyone who's watched Arsenal with any regularity these past few years will tell you that's what they do: against strong opponents, under pressure they lose all focus and shape and basically just give up. And that has to be coming from Wenger. Well done to Bayern but in the 2nd half Arsenal were just a joke. There should've been a laughter track every time they tried to defend

Sanchez (and to a lesser degree Koscielny) has been carrying them for the past two seasons and I doubt if any Arsenal fan would blame him for going, and I can't see even the most loyal Wenger fans not now thinking his time is up.
Old 02.16.2017, 02:56 PM   #7993
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

Quote:
Sanchez (and to a lesser degree Koscielny) has been carrying them for the past two seasons and I doubt if any Arsenal fan would blame him for going, and I can't see even the most loyal Wenger fans not now thinking his time is up.

Old 02.16.2017, 03:06 PM   #7994
demonrail666
invito al cielo

It'll be interesting to see what happens to Ozil. He's stalling on signing a new contract when frankly, if I was on the Arsenal board, I'd be looking to offload him asap, while there's still a few people left out there who are buying into the hype. The definition of a luxury player. Great when everything's going to plan but guaranteed to disappear the moment they aren't. On the pitch, he, maybe more than anyone, embodies the problem with Arsenal.
Old 02.16.2017, 03:19 PM   #7995
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

people make mistakes. especially in fútbol. bayern just made fewer.

what i mean is-- i don't think it's really fair to say "why was robben allowed to use his left foot for a brief moment." i mean, that shit happens. bayern fans could blame xabi alonso for allowing alexis to score-- why did he let that ball etc. and ozil... i don't see him regularly but players have good and bad days. neuer had a couple of impossible and unusual fuckups, for example-- they're just not highlighted because bayern won. so his flaw is hidden but there were mistakes and low performances on both sides.

however i do think that wenger is problematic, yeah. i don't watch arsenal regularly, but i was told by the commentators that their lineup was their predictable usual shape, no adjustments for bayern of any kind.

the commentators were saying that with ospina in the goal, because he's shorter, it made it possible for bayern to shoot more crosses. and that's exactly what they did. they exploited the vulnerability. so that's a big difference between the coaches: stubborness v.s adaptation.

the other thing i noticed is that after arsenal started getting punked they changed nothing in the way they played. reminds me of fucking pep: if the system is failing, double down on it. and so it was 5-1 instead of 2-1 or 3-1 or 3-2, which would still have been a contest. but no. he insisted.

a comment from the talking heads that cheered me a lot was "the horse jumps as high as it needs to clear the hurdle" in reference to bayern.

because with pep we had gotten used to always XTREEM RECORD VICTORY AT ALL TIMES. but then they couldn't clear the final hurdle.

whereas with ancelotti, they do what they need to win their weekend games and just that. which keeps them fresh, prevents injuries, and surprises all enemies.

i was so happy to see bayern hitting arsenal with fast counters. that ability had almost disappeared under pep.

not saying that arsenal is a first-rate adversary (they aren't) but it was great to see bayern push the pedal to the metal when it counts. and mueller finally broke out of his slump.

i was nervous before this game but now i'm not so worried about the future rounds. i'm just keeping fingers crossed for an injury-free squad and the return to full form by douglas costa, who on the left wing can be satan incarnate but had no goals yesterday.
Old 02.16.2017, 03:59 PM   #7996
demonrail666
invito al cielo

I highlighted that one moment with Coquelin cos it resulted in a goal but his positional play throughout the game was shocking, but then so was Gibbs's and Mustafi's. Whichever way you cut it, Arsenal's defending after Koscielny went off was just awful. It takes a very good side to punish them so heavily for that but I'm sure the Bayern players after the game couldn't believe the amount of space they were given and the general disarray in the Arsenal defence.
Old 02.16.2017, 04:04 PM   #7997
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

yeah. too much space. i get your point about coquelin.

now let's talk that ref.

that penalty!

no

the missed handballs!

no

just no.
Old 02.16.2017, 04:26 PM   #7998
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Never mind about that, what about Barcelona v PSG. I never watched it but Enrique looks like a dead man walking after that.

Could be an interesting management reshuffle in the summer. Pochettino to Barcelona? Simeone to Arsenal? Klopp still at Liverpool?
Old 02.16.2017, 04:32 PM   #7999
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

Quote:
Never mind about that, what about Barcelona v PSG. I never watched it but Enrique looks like a dead man walking after that.

Could be an interesting management reshuffle in the summer. Pochettino to Barcelona? Simeone to Arsenal? Klopp still at Liverpool?

Sampaoli or Koeman to Barcelona, apparently. Simeone to Arsenal would be the biggest 180º of the millenium.

Old 02.16.2017, 04:39 PM   #8000
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

sampaoli! the disciple gets the crown before the master? wow

psg vs. barcelona was amazing. i wanna watch it again.

i don't know what tactic luis enrique did or did not use, but they looked like the schoolchildren playing the masters in a monty python sketch.

then again their current coach knows barcelona very well.
350390397398399 400 401402403410450500 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth