Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page The Fall
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.24.2008, 06:50 PM   #121
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
good music, good lyrics, good band... well, the first 10 albums or so.

I think that about sums things up really. Why couldn't you have gotten here earlier?
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.24.2008, 06:53 PM   #122
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
i didn't imply the voice wasn't something i liked about them, mark e smith's voice is as much part of the music as the bass and the drums.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.24.2008, 06:57 PM   #123
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
you are thinking too much. brilliant music... tons of repetition with subtle changes.. or songs like nwra where the members only play when they feel like it.. some of the best bass lines I've ever heard from any band, ever, not to mention the creative use of two drummers. Musically they're great; the lyrics range from brilliant to nonsense but they sound good over top of the mess.

Definitely. It's the music that I get into more than the lyrics. The backing on Smile is just relentless.
Old 06.24.2008, 07:11 PM   #124
ni'k
invito al cielo

ni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
you are thinking too much. brilliant music... tons of repetition with subtle changes.. or songs like nwra where the members only play when they feel like it.. some of the best bass lines I've ever heard from any band, ever, not to mention the creative use of two drummers. Musically they're great; the lyrics range from brilliant to nonsense but they sound good over top of the mess.

mark prindle also said that "only play when they feel like it" on nwra.
funny cos i never assumed that was the case. i thought it was all planned.
such a fucking song.

when i lived on the other side of town and was heavily into the drugs i remember walking around one night at about 4am along the train tracks with one earphone in my ear playing that song and then singing it but changing the lyrics so they were about a music promoter who used to put on gigs in my town - managed to improv it all. the dude was this upper class rich anti capitalist fashion punk dickhead. good times.
ni'k is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.24.2008, 07:19 PM   #125
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
shift.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.24.2008, 07:21 PM   #126
ni'k
invito al cielo

ni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's asses
SHIFTUAH!
Old 06.24.2008, 07:28 PM   #127
ni'k
invito al cielo

Tony was a business friend
Of RT XVII
And was an opportunist man
Come, come hear my story
How he set out to corrupt and destroy
This future Rising

The business friend came round today
With teeth clenched, he grabbed my neck
I threw him to the ground
His blue shirt stained red
The north will rise again.
He said you are mistaken, friend
I kicked him out of the home

Too many people cower to criminals
And that government pap
When all it takes is hard slap

But out the window burned the roads
There were men with besom sticks [1]
The fall had made them sick
A man with butterflies on his face
His brother threw acid in his face
His tatoos were screwed
The streets of Soho did reverberate
With drunken Highland men
Revenge for Culloden dead
The North had rose again
But it would turn out wrong
The North will rise again

So R. Totale dwells underground
Away from sickly grind
With ostrich head-dress
Face a mess, covered in feathers
Orange-red with blue-black lines
That draped down to his chest
Body are a tentacle mess
And light blue plant-heads
TV showed Sam Chippendale
No conception of what he'd made
The Arndale had been razed
Shop staff knocked off their ladders
Security guards hung from moving escalators

And now that is said
Tony seized the control
He built his base in Edinburgh
Had on his hotel wall
A hooded friar on a tractor
He took a bluey and he called Totale
Who said, "the North has rose again"
But it will turn out wrong

When I was in cabaret
I vowed to defend
All of the English clergy
Though they have done wrong
And the fall has begun
This has got out of hand
I will go for foreign aid
But he Tony, laughed down the phone
Said "Totale go back to bed"
The North has rose today
And you can stuff your aid!
And you can stuff your aid!

Note: [1] A besom is a long handled broom with the head made out of pieces of twig lashed together.
Old 06.25.2008, 07:55 AM   #128
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
His heart organ was where it should be
His brain was in his arse
His hand was well out of his pocket
His psyche is in the hearth

Has a sneer which was weird
Some time ago
Heard Kraftwerk in '81
Has a WASP synthesizer

A real male, make-up as well
Sophisticate
WASP synthesizer
Didn't get far
In computer teaching job
His dream girl sings adverts for Renoir perfume
A fancied wit that's mere imitation of D. Bowie
in "Man Who Fell to Earth"

Whose causes and rags were phoenix-like
They were vaudevillian-like
They were comfort blanket-type
Dodo in fact
Pho-do in fact
Photo impact

He had a weak pisser
And one night at darts match
Decadent sandwich quaff
He showed he was a big fan of double-entendre
Saw "Man Who Fell to Earth" "History of the World"
"Man Who Fell to Earth" "History of the World, Part One"
twice each at least twice each at least twice each

Mere pseud mag editor's father

Nobody ever gave him a good turn. What do you expect? He was always let down. They never wanted to let his action down. But also they wanted it sublime Sheffieldism and equality equally. He was always in the middle for him. On the fields. Brooklands. They said tone it down. We all understood him. But he is hostile.
We are the elite gangsters of the damned, criminals of the damp. You must come with us, and hunt down - the hostile.
For years they have believed we were inspired by the Holy Spirit and the work of God. They still recognize that many prominent N.C. members are wonderful people. They're warm, intelligent, but terribly misguided.
Slowly, painfully, he become disillusioned. They call us "shadowy." Anti-hostile. They demand to know, with a touching, naive faith of the individual. Hostile.
Many times, brothers, have they tried to discredit out gangsterism. And now we're old, the elite of the damned.
Anti-hostile.

Old 06.25.2008, 09:11 AM   #129
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
i don't have a favourite fall song, but if i had to choose it would be picked from this short list

The Classical
Psykick Dance Hall
Fantastic Life
Leave The Capital
Before The Moon Falls
Spectre vs Rector
English Scheme
New Face In Hell
How I Wrote Elastic man
Just Step Sideways
Room To Live
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.26.2008, 11:46 AM   #130
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
"Spector vs Rector" is so good.

My favorites are NWRA, Before the Moon Falls, Man Whose Head Expanded, everything on Slates, the first 4 songs on Live at the Witch Trials, Lay of the Land, Deer Park... too many to name really.

A hard band to get chicks into.

Old 06.26.2008, 12:56 PM   #131
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
no xmas for john quys
garden
eat yerself fitter
kicker conspiracy
new face in hell
blindness
50 year old man
touch sensitive
mr pharmacist (yeah i know its a cover)
deer park
who made the nazis?
muserokis daughter
in my area
theme from sparta fc
bill is dead
nwra
the classical

i could go on........
Old 06.26.2008, 01:05 PM   #132
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Never liked who makes the nazis? Good lyrics and uh.. harmonics, but it just doesn't go anywhere.

Old 06.26.2008, 03:11 PM   #133
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
as time goes on, i'm starting to find the fall very boring.
Old 06.26.2008, 03:15 PM   #134
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Never liked who makes the nazis? Good lyrics and uh.. harmonics, but it just doesn't go anywhere.

Peel session version, my friend. Much better than the cack-handed recorded version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.26.2008, 07:09 PM   #135
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
i don't have a favourite fall song, but if i had to choose it would be picked from this short list

The Classical
Psykick Dance Hall
Fantastic Life
Leave The Capital
Before The Moon Falls
Spectre vs Rector
English Scheme
New Face In Hell
How I Wrote Elastic man
Just Step Sideways
Room To Live

thats a reputable list from that era, id stick Wings and Neighbourhood of Infinity and Cary Grants Wedding and Muzoweri's daughter and A Figure Walks and well i guess it could go on forever, that was a fine period

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.27.2008, 09:11 AM   #136
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

I cant believe I forgot to list c'n'c's mithering.

Old 06.27.2008, 09:18 AM   #137
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Two Steps Back
A Figure Walks
Smiles
Various Times
Before the Moon Falls
Fantastic Life
Deerpark
Who Makes the Nazis
Athlete Cured
Living Too Late
Blindness
Lay of the Land
Tempo House
Wings
Old 06.27.2008, 09:31 AM   #138
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Chicago Now
M5 (Peel session)
He Pep!
Masquerade
The Acute
Theme from Sparta FC
Dr Buck's letter
Insult song

Just to redress the 80s-centric balance a smidge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.29.2008, 08:22 AM   #140
ALIEN ANAL
invito al cielo

ALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's asses
can someone link me a site to downlaod their tunes please
> »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth