Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Pot
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.26.2006, 05:08 PM   #61
EMMAh
invito al cielo

EMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's asses
I smoke pot everyday, but leave it for after school and weekends.

EMMAh is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.26.2006, 05:09 PM   #62
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inhuman

i have to ask: so now sxe kids are like paramilitary terrorists groups?

i wouldn't be suprised if people in like boston start bombing liquor stores
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.26.2006, 05:11 PM   #63
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
i have to ask: so now sxe kids are like paramilitary terrorists groups?

i wouldn't be suprised if people in like boston start bombing liquor stores

haha. I guess the lack of substances drives them insane
Old 05.26.2006, 05:13 PM   #64
EMMAh
invito al cielo

EMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I know! I went to a concert at babylon once, and the guy in front of me had X's all the way up his arms, and he was wearing a shirt that said "xXx FUCK DRUGS AND ALCHOHOL. 100% STRAIGHTEDGE". It seems to be pretty big in our area!

It's huge! I think it's died down a bit though (at least in my school it has).

Old 05.26.2006, 05:15 PM   #65
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
Why does eveything need to be 'cool'? "I don't drink or do drugs...but that means I'm uncool. I know, I'll start a D.A.R.E club!...No, no...I'll call it straight edge!"
acousticrock87 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.26.2006, 05:17 PM   #66
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
most straight edge people i've seen are some of the most repressed, ready to blow up persons i've ever encountered, outside of some hassidic jewsih people. being that uptight is not ok.

i don't think i've ever met a straight edge person in my life.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.26.2006, 05:22 PM   #67
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
haha exactly. Some of the younger people in the group that I hang out with seem to do it because it's 'cool', and then some of the ones I'm closer to actually do it because of the effects themselves. But the WORST thing around here is people claiming to be Bi. There's are waayyyy too many people that claim that their bisexual just to be cool and follow the trend.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...did=364 05432
blah. Way too many of them. A good 95% of them say they're bi just because they're part of the scene.
Old 05.26.2006, 05:34 PM   #68
EMMAh
invito al cielo

Quote:
haha exactly. Some of the younger people in the group that I hang out with seem to do it because it's 'cool', and then some of the ones I'm closer to actually do it because of the effects themselves. But the WORST thing around here is people claiming to be Bi. There's are waayyyy too many people that claim that their bisexual just to be cool and follow the trend.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=364 05432
blah. Way too many of them. A good 95% of them say they're bi just because they're part of the scene.

Oh yes, lots and lots of people claim to be bi around here. I almost never believe people when they tell me they are, it's a joke.

Old 05.26.2006, 05:42 PM   #69
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
Scenes are everything now. Even to say "I'm against scenes" can get you labeled into some anti-trend bullshit. It's almost enough to keep your mouth shut about what you really are just to avoid getting classified, but it's worse to hide it so you just have to allow yourself to be classified and not give a shit. That's why I admire bands who look like sell-outs and take the heat for it when they really aren't.
acousticrock87 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.26.2006, 05:46 PM   #70
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Just be yourself.
Old 05.26.2006, 06:01 PM   #71
EMMAh
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturnine
straight edge is so lame. it's fine to not take drugs or drink, but don't go fucking parading it around. yes, i smoke pot, but i don't have a fucking cannabis leaf drawn on my hand in sharpie.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Saturnine again.

Old 05.26.2006, 07:34 PM   #72
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
but i don't have a fucking cannabis leaf drawn on my hand in sharpie.

sounds like something my little brother would do.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.26.2006, 09:26 PM   #73
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
Mr Julian - I can sympathise with what you're saying, but unfortunately, unless you're careful you run the risk of alienating them, which would be worse.

I used to work with a chap who was worried about his daughter. She was a proper pot-head mess. Pretty girl gone wrong, lethargic, all that lot. He decided to let her smoke in the house. So long as she was with him. He made her whitey every night for a week. Not that I approve of this approach, but by God did it ever work. Part of the thing, sometimes, is rebellion, and your Dad smoking with you really ruins that. She smokes now, but she's a lot more sensible about it. A happy ending, of sorts.

Now. Just for the records: Speed - is a good drug on those very rare ocassions you need to stay up. Everyone knows speed freaks are worse than smack heads, but it's not that bad very, very ocassionally (spend more on it is my advice).

Crack is rubbish. Ten minutes of 'I AM GOOOOOOOODDDD!!!!' and three days of 'i am death'.

Coke is a waste of money, only worth it if you want to destroy all semblance of personality or ocassionally have quite exciting sex.

I've never done H, but I know a few relatively well adjusted people who get by alright. They're not theives, they hold down jobs. They are a very small minority, however.

Acid is great fun, but more than any other drug, don't do it regularly and respect it like it were your life.

Mesc: Is one of the greatest things on God's earth. But take it with extreme caution. This is true of most hallucinagenics. In fact, don't take it, it's a mindwarp.

DMT: You can't get this regularly enough for it to be a problem. Do it a few times in your life and then boast about it to your friends.

Booze: Respect the booze. Learn your lessons young - throw up, make a dick of yourself. Learn the lessons and grow up to be a proper drinker.

I could go on - part of the thing I want to get across here is that the culture attached to weed, more than any other drug, is that people think it is 'ok' more than any other (perhaps with the exception of booze). It's not ok. It'll wreck your life if you let it. Pill heads are usually smart enough to know what they're doing, and the honeymoon period rarely lasts more than a couple of years. Booze has a social function. The other drugs are fun rarities. I contend that weed is dangerous because 'youth culture' has a habit of ignoring the fact that more people than not use weed and become apathetic, antisocial and in a lot of cases paranoid wrecks.

This is my experience, I've done all the well-known drugs (apart from horse) and a few obscurities, and I honestly think weed is the most dangerous (nb I've given up everything apart from booze, fags and ocassional ket or acid since 2 years).

That's it.I love this man!

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.26.2006, 09:44 PM   #74
Society_In_My_Hole
little trouble girl

Society_In_My_Hole is a jewel in the roughSociety_In_My_Hole is a jewel in the roughSociety_In_My_Hole is a jewel in the roughSociety_In_My_Hole is a jewel in the rough
The widthdrawls from pot are not horrible, at most, for me at least when I was smoking everyday and stopped I couldn't sleep as well for a couple of days and didn't have as much as an appetite, and all of that went away soon. They just sound like irresponsible brats to be honest. Yr. description of them sorda reminded me of the characters off of the movie Kids. Maybe they'll grow out of the irresponsible use of it everyday and go to more responsible use everyday or whatever. Don't have much else to say except I wish I had a blunt now....
Society_In_My_Hole is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.26.2006, 09:47 PM   #75
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
I find nothing wrong with pot or people using it.
"Pot Culture," on the other hand, is without question one of the most cartoonish and repellently lame so-called "subcultures" I have ever witnessed, d00d.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.26.2006, 10:07 PM   #76
EMMAh
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Society_In_My_Hole
The widthdrawls from pot are not horrible, at most, for me at least when I was smoking everyday and stopped I couldn't sleep as well for a couple of days and didn't have as much as an appetite, and all of that went away soon. They just sound like irresponsible brats to be honest. Yr. description of them sorda reminded me of the characters off of the movie Kids. Maybe they'll grow out of the irresponsible use of it everyday and go to more responsible use everyday or whatever. Don't have much else to say except I wish I had a blunt now....

The not being able to sleep is the worst part haha, it's not too bad went you don't have to go anywhere the next day though, then you just sleep the day away

Old 05.26.2006, 10:26 PM   #77
wearescientists
bad moon rising

wearescientists is a jewel in the roughwearescientists is a jewel in the roughwearescientists is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
straight edge is so lame. it's fine to not take drugs or drink, but don't go fucking parading it around. yes, i smoke pot, but i don't have a fucking cannabis leaf drawn on my hand in sharpie.

i agree, straight edge kids get a huge boner from feeling better than others.

makes up for the attention that their mother didn't give them.
wearescientists is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.26.2006, 10:35 PM   #78
kingcoffee
expwy. to yr skull

kingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asses
Marijuana can cause problems. Anyone who says otherwise is kidding themselves. Maybe not as bad as alcohol, cigarettes, cocaine, LSD, heroin, ritalin, etc. But it can cause problems with some people. Your siblings just seem too young to handle the effects of marijuana. That is why marijuana should only be for responsible adults, like alcohol and tobacco. I know that a lot of adults who use those products don't always use them properly but still. Teenagers minds are still developing and smoking pot can fuck some of that up sometimes.
kingcoffee is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.26.2006, 11:22 PM   #79
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Bill Maher was just on Letterman tonight promoting his upcoming Amazon.com half hour internet show. New episodes of Real Time are still due on HBO on August 25th.
Ode to our sound byte culture:
The truth is rarely black & white.
He made the statement that "drugs are good & religion is bad." Illegal drugs are indeed overly maligned, but to categorize them as uniformly "good" is not correct since they are a tool only to be used ideally at certain times & not abused & most are difficult not to abuse. Religion, especially the religious right, may be "bad", but to label all religion in this manner is highly irresponsible as well. He chided Dave for being coffee-dependent & used the word "benign" (just as I did in this thread) to describe marijuana.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.27.2006, 07:11 AM   #80
shentov
expwy. to yr skull

shentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's asses
if there is a prob it's in people, not in pot. i am smoking pot, well not all the time, but still maybe lot more than some people who do. i smoke pot in the morning the most. it just feels better for me. and i am not a caveman looking jock with weird sandals who never wash himslef. i make music, play in several projects out of my band, work in media, have social life, write poetry and make photographs. yes, i dripped out of uni, but it was kinda my choise, becuz i couldnt afford it going both to work at the paper and go regularly to class. i just have to make both ends meet, becuz my parents are not able to make it for me. pot was good with it and me all the time. so it's not the pot itself but the personalitiy. as savage clone said there is use and abuse.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth